The demise of 2.6?

The quick change gears are a big advantage as well. Being able to change the final drive before a pull is a pretty big advantage

The quick change gears are a big advantage as well. Being able to change the final drive before a pull is a pretty big advantage

I don't agree with this. Once your truck is set-up right and you get your truck to perform consistently, changing gears all the time just adds another variable to the mix. If you run on very drastic changing tracks on a constant basis it's a different story. When we ran this past year we picked a gear and stuck with it all season. There was one time where we considered changing them. We had a damn good year too.

I don't agree with this. Once your truck is set-up right and you get your truck to perform consistently, changing gears all the time just adds another variable to the mix. If you run on very drastic changing tracks on a constant basis it's a different story. When we ran this past year we picked a gear and stuck with it all season. There was one time where we considered changing them. We had a damn good year too.

I do agree with this. We made over 40 hooks this year. Changed gears one time and went back. We've had to change a little over the past 3 years as we have been trying to get the truck to "hook" harder. But here lately we have seemed to find a "sweet" gear works good on all tracks. Funny the truck seems to turn harder on a good track than it does on a loose track with this gear.

Around here we pull on some vastly different tracks. Being able to go up or down a gear would be a big help over one fixed gear.

exactly...anyone who says open driveline isn't an advantage needs to take their head out of their ass

Im interested in your take on this? How so?

Quiet a bit of weight savings, the biggest by far is odl trucks will run mud tires while the oem guys can't run mud tires on a regular basis.

And this is the exact reason ODL don't belong in this class. But most don't see that

Around here we pull on some vastly different tracks. Being able to go up or down a gear would be a big help over one fixed gear.

Whats the difference between having 3 forward gears in your trans? One with the ratio you run 95% of the time, one gear slightly faster and one gear slightly slower. Why wouldn't this pretty much cover every range of track? How would a quick change rear or transfer case be any more advantageous?

Whats the difference between having 3 forward gears in your trans? One with the ratio you run 95% of the time, one gear slightly faster and one gear slightly slower. Why wouldn't this pretty much cover every range of track? How would a quick change rear or transfer case be any more advantageous?

My point exactly. I asked him to elaborate because that thinking is the consensus in a group that truly doesnt understand the odl. They hear big, get dolla signs dancing and hate on it. And this is not an attack on Rich by any means. Just used him as an example.

It does cover a wide range of tracks hence why there being ran and most of the top trucks run them. With more strength and adjustability that gives is a clear advantage over the OEM rule IMO.

My point exactly. I asked him to elaborate because that thinking is the consensus in a group that truly doesnt understand the odl. They hear big, get dolla signs dancing and hate on it. And this is not an attack on Rich by any means. Just used him as an example.

I understand odl...I know what it costs and it's less than what I have into my drivetrain

In my mind it still comes down to the pullers in each club across the country developing a set of rules that will best suit their members. Lets face it nobody wakes up one day and decides, "I'm going to spend $60,000 on a pulling truck." Everyone starts small some wheres.

After reading all 16 pages of this thing I'm glad I got a super stock chassis... Holy hell on the rules!

What part of that didnt you understand? I said nothing about your truck and your parts. I commented you dont have a clue about open drive line other than it costs alot of money!!! And then i stated i agreed with your comment on the money. Ditch the attitude dick!!!!