The Wade Moody & Dimitri Millard @ RMR near SLC, UT

Man that would have been a 6 second pass if he'd of stayed on the gas!

Quit being silly. It would have been maybe a mid 7, which the truck has been before. 150mph coasting is still covering ground pretty fast....it's not like he hit the brakes.

I have to let this be known before i say what i have to say, i like dimitri he has always been out of the way nice to us. And i like him as a person.

But overkill is possibly the worst launching truck i have ever encountered. I believe he could possibly shave 2 tenths or better off his time if he didnt have to drive the truck down a slalom course every time he launched it

I have to let this be known before i say what i have to say, i like dimitri he has always been out of the way nice to us. And i like him as a person.

But overkill is possibly the worst launching truck i have ever encountered. I believe he could possibly shave 2 tenths or better off his time if he didnt have to drive the truck down a slalom course every time he launched it

Some people could have said the same thing about the Seth Sullivan maroon truck with green flames when Dale Smith had Jimmy driving it the first couple of seasons. That thing flirted with more walls than probably anyone I've seen!

Poor Dmitri's seems to buck and zig zag both though. LOL

Buck's truck doesn't...."Buck" like that. Maybe if spent more time of chassis he could spend less on Nitrous.

Some people could have said the same thing about the Seth Sullivan maroon truck with green flames when Dale Smith had Jimmy driving it the first couple of seasons. That thing flirted with more walls than probably anyone I've seen!

Poor Dmitri's seems to buck and zig zag both though. LOL

Ya that truck was awful as well. But it didn't try and jump out of its skin. Thats just awful! Ypu would figure you would look at the videos and say too yourself ' wow that cant be right i should fix that'

Buck Spruill? I'm pretty sure his truck would take off like a fighter jet if it had a pair of wings.

Dmitri's truck looks like he is exacerbating the bad chassis setup by overcorrecting each side-to-side move.

Agree. When I look at a video like that the first thing I think is why not pull the front drive shaft out of it and set up the chassis correctly. Ha 4 wheel drive is not needed to hook a race car. It robs power and exp. in his case seems to fight each other. Cant beat a well set up 2wd

With the proper set up that truck could be one of two things:

1: Something to take serious.

2: With the amount a nitrous he uses something Wylde E Coyote orders from ACME to kill the Road Runner.

Beep Beep.

It's like y'all read my mind. When I watched Dmitri's launch, I thought to myself- that thing launches horrible, especially for all the crazy suspension on it. Then I thought, the Smith's truck was scary when they used to leave super hard.

Seth and Jimmy spent a lot of time on the chassis getting that truck to Launch like it does.

And as much as I love that truck their 60' are not that impressive, it works because they have so much GD power to make it work on the other end lol. Even on that truck if it was slammed on the ground with the correct tires and a 2wd chassis setup it would be faster. Im sure Seth and Dale would agree, but it's cool as hell just the way it is. Their mph shows that's with their 60' they have a lot of power to spare, I have no dought that if it was in a well set up 2wd that their 60's would be in the 1.20's, My black truck was in the 1.32 to 1.34 range and I had about half their HP, lol.

Tucker

All the hating and BS aside, those are great vids and thanks for posting!!

im sure the tuning should start with some way tighter compression in the rear and slower rebound in the front.. be there again we have no idea where he has his bars set or how much he is over driving the first 200 feet..

With the proper set up that truck could be one of two things:

1: Something to take serious.

2: With the amount a nitrous he uses something Wylde E Coyote orders from ACME to kill the Road Runner.

Beep Beep.

The truck in on engine for now... the addition of nos may put it in to the wall ;) truck has been anywhere from 1450 to 1609 engine only dyno pulls... once the traction is figured out believe me the nos will come.. Just found out tonight that both rear shocks were blown out.. im going to order more in the morning and see what happens in billings this weekend...Im very pleased to still be in the 9,s even for the horrible launch and traction issues im facing.. 9.5 this season has been my fastest backed up with a 9.6 at 153.7 in NC a few weeks ago .. but at least consistent running now and making passes :) im not going to complain to much :)

Still stock leafs with T bars in the rear? What are you doing in the front?

Posted from the IPhone while driving with my knees in the wrong lane.

Back