Threatening the tech official

That would work. They could tech as a group or individually with an official present.

Cool. I'm going to put you in charge of that. You tell them at the drivers meeting after the rest of us have hid.:evil

HA! When I was an official and a puller, I had an open hood policy, anyone could look, take pictures, measure, I didn't care. And they STILL thought I was cheating!!:hehe:

Thats the way ot ought to be!! It takes more than bolted on parts to win, let um look all they want!

Its really simple though, lift it or leave!

HA! When I was an official and a puller, I had an open hood policy, anyone could look, take pictures, measure, I didn't care. And they STILL thought I was cheating!!:hehe:

Thats because everyone thought ---there is no way the crap bolted to this engine could win anything! LOL

Thats because everyone thought ---there is no way the crap bolted to this engine could win anything! LOL

Just because I traded a case of beer for a turbo, doesn't mean it was crap!!

The other crap was a diversion.:shake:

Besides, its the driver, not the truck!

This is happening more and more at brush pulls. The issue usually revolves around a shop sponsoring the pull so they can tech trucks and see what's on the top trucks. This is one reason why all of the ITPA trucks have been avoiding brush pulls. It's a shame that it has to be this way but I have seen the tech guy thrown out before because he had a hidden agenda.

These trucks are getting very technical and that's why there needs to be a dedicated tech guy with no affiliation to any shop. This will continue to happen at brush pulls. It's just the way it is.

Wow. Obviously the tech guy wasn't near the stature of our dear Navy Chief. He could a fe-fie-fo-fumed his ass into the dirt... If he didn't, mutton chop woulda' come at em like a spider monkey! :hehe:

Echo's comments about sending the guy packing.

Thats a good thing about sanctioned pulling, the tech guy doesn't hook and hates everyone... equally.

I like the idea of lining them up and teching each other. Two major advantages.

1) the trucks are lined up and I did not have to walk all over the fairgrounds 15 times teching the next truck.
2) I get to sit back and watch the show while the drivers are busy teching. It stinks going to sled pulls and only seeing one or two hooks.

On a side note, Last friday, 2Tone12valve was helping tech the 2.6 class. He had something bothering him wondering if it was OK. I don't even remember what the minor thing was. We were standing by the front right fender - hood up. I laughed and said "your joking, right?"

He said, "no, I just need to know if it OK or not." I said, "I don't care how you decide to handle that situation - What I really want to know is which turbo do you plan to stick the 2.6 plug in - top, bottom, or both?"

"your joking, right?"

He said, "no, I just need to know if it OK or not." I said, "I don't care how you decide to handle that situation - What I really want to know is which turbo do you plan to stick the 2.6 plug in - top, bottom, or both?"

:hehe:

So what did he have, a S566, 66mm HX82, or a 66mm GT55R?

For real. Unless it is something like that it is nothing new. 2.6 S400s and GT42s are nothing new by a long shot. No matter what the turbo builder says.

Sounds like that guy is out there for the wrong reason. Its ok to be competitive but its supposed to be for fun too. If you threaten to whip somebodys a-- if they tell what type of turbo he's runnin in a local sled pull, come on man.

Plus you can only tell so much by looking at a turbo. Only that guy knows exactly whats in side of those housings. It could be a custom built turbo with no tellin what size wheels with no tellin how many blades and what size housings, polished, non-polished, etc.

That guy should have been told to pop his f'n hood or get the f out of here. And then when he did pop his hood, I would have had all of the other pullers come over and check his truck to make sure he wasn't cheating. If he's that secretive about whats under his hood, then he's probably got something to hide.