Tnt-r didn't change anything

usually happens at about 60 mph, boost passes speed, and all of a sudden back tires are going about 30 mph faster than the front ones.

Or when you have boost built at the line, everything seems nice and calm with just a turbo (or two) singing in your ear. All of a sudden, the lights come down, you release the brakes, stab the throttle, and a cage beast is released. Makes me smile every time.

If you are not adding some timing you are leaving a lot of hp on the table. I went from 935hp to 1015hp with changing timing only, and I had some additional timing to start with. Stacking boxes is where timing usually becomes a melt down problem.

With the turbo you have I would think you could run level 9 with the default setting, and stock injectors. Smiling the whole time...

Paul

I guess we can do some testing. Ill run level 8 then 9 and see what the times are. Now Im getting excited to go to the track after work lol. Did some last second prep and put a lock up switch in......

You have really run 12.6 with stock injectors and cp3. We were planning on 13.4ish with mine with billet 66/74-16 stock tips and modded cp3. Guess I should have higher expectations lol.

I ran a 12.64@105.88 with a 1.72 60' time @ 7320 lbs with stock injectors, cp3, headbolts, etc. Its an untouched engine with a Airdog, Smarty tnt-r, E. D. 66/74/14, and a built transmission.
Get a wheel and tire combination on your truck that weighs 70lbs per wheel and tire or less and you'll take .4-.5 off your ET when comparing to a 100Lb wheel/tire combo that most of us diesel guys run.

Lavon

Lol nice we have almost the same setup. I have a fass, stock injectors, 120% cp3, valve springs, head studs, 2nd gen manifold with the billet 66/74 off Glenns race truck he used at the Bradenton race, and tnt-r but I have a REG CAB. Im going to weigh mine tonight should be alot lighter than yours. I do appreciate the input guys. Ill post my times tonight.

I guess we can do some testing. Ill run level 8 then 9 and see what the times are. Now Im getting excited to go to the track after work lol. Did some last second prep and put a lock up switch in......

When you are running level 8, what timing number are you running (i.e. 1 or 2 or 3 or 4) ?

Paul

Try level 8 with timing on 2. My 05 always liked even levels with added timing.

Last edited:
Do you have the shift defuel on or off? Turn it off and it gets rid of all the torque managment, and the 03 trucks are horable with how much torque managment they have.

Back