Tnt-r didn't change anything

Ok was back at the track friday. Finally got it weighed at 6700lbs exactly. Best times were 3 passes in arow. 13.55 on all 3 passes in a row at all 94mph one was 97mph 60ft times were 1.82 1.87 1.93. Since last time I did remove the spare tire and tailgate. If I lock the converter manually at all it runs way slower. So either 12.6 is BS or my exhaust housing being a 16cm is killing me that bad.

Ok was back at the track friday. Finally got it weighed at 6700lbs exactly. Best times were 3 passes in arow. 13.55 on all 3 passes in a row at all 94mph one was 97mph 60ft times were 1.82 1.87 1.93. Since last time I did remove the spare tire and tailgate. If I lock the converter manually at all it runs way slower. So either 12.6 is BS or my exhaust housing being a 16cm is killing me that bad.

What timing did you run?

Remember that the 03s only have two injection events and different injector and piston bowl design . Also my 12.6 was at 105.8 MPH showing that its making a good amount more HP then you. Don't get discouraged its only your second time st the track. If manually locking the converter in 2nd is resulting slower times, it shows that your hitting it too early and getting under the charger (which could be a sign the 16cm housing is hurting you).
You still have 2 tenths left to gain in your 60'.
Your wheel and tire weight (rotating weight) has much lager effects on your ET then your gross vehicle weight.
My brothers 04.5 is a reg cab 2 wheel drive with stock injectors and cp3 also and ran 13.0@103.9 with a 1.86 60' which being 900lbs lighter then my truck should be much faster. It proves that not all trucks are created equal and you need to keep going back to the track making small changes one at a time and find out what works for your truck.

Also timing 3 made the most power on my truck

Lavon

Last edited:
Ok ill try timeing 3 but not going back till I get injectors because yes the housing is hurting me.

yes, which might also help spool that charger a little better than default timing.

Back