Tnt-r didn't change anything

Tuning at the drag strip is difficult since there are so many variables.
One needs to analyze all the data on each time slip to make tuning decisions not just the ET.

It sounds like Macktruck has lots of CP3, so his popping was likely not enough injection timing.

Don't forget that the paired even & odd Smarty levels are identical except for the injection timing default parameter.
For example, level 8 with the timing parameter set to 2 is exactly the same as level 9 with timing set to default (which is 2).

Level 8 timeing 2 was definatley different than level 9 on default. As far as 60ft times they all were 2.24-2.28 on all 12 passes and trap speeds were all 92-95mph

As far as 60ft times they all were 2.24-2.28 on all 12 passes and trap speeds were all 92-95mph

A rail pressure gauge is almost a must when tuning with a smarty and a big single cp3. Your completely tuning blind if you dont know what rail pressure is @ WOT. I've seen trucks with big injetors and stage 3 cp3s gain 100HP by turning the smarty down to level 5 as apposed to level 9 as it was commanding way too much fuel and dropping rail pressure to 12K during a WOT run, It also smoked like a train and buried the EGT gauge with low rail pressure, and when the smarty was turned down, we maintained 24K rail and ran clean with 400* less EGT.

If you turn torque to 4 and shift defuel off you can get as good as mid 1.6 60' times launching @18-20psi. Your 60' time directly effects your ET so I see .4-.5 of a second coming off your ET just by getting a good launch.

Lavon

Still waiting for the gauge. We checked RP with the scan tool the other day it was fine. I was leaving the line at 20lbs but had slower 60ft and et than leaving at 10lbs. I guess im just learning how to tune with a smarty. Ill turn the torque up and defuel off and drive it and see what it does. Plus I have 325/60-18 tires. Ill put my 285s on off my other truck and see how that helps.

Turn off the defuel and you have a totally different truck. Do you have a built trans? If not you may not want to turn off the defuel

Oh wow shes a whole new beast now. Thanks for the help guys. Im putting 40% over tips in monday I think. What kind of timeing is safe then.

I'd run timing on 3. Then load timing 4 at the track so you can see if it gained HP.

Lavon

surprising amount of difference, like it should have come that way from the factory.

Ya lol...... I kind of miss building a 12v then I know where my timeing actually is not just some random number that I don't know what its doing!!!

Ya lol...... I kind of miss building a 12v then I know where my timeing actually is not just some random number that I don't know what its doing!!!

that what I didnt like about the smarty, I also ran my timing conservative on 4, but also never ran my TM over 2. Maybe I should have lol

Back