Top Secret: How to GAIN 100+ HP on your DMAX!

gainer16

Hey we did some investigotory work this week and found a staggering mod that will add serious power to your truck! Those undesired Mass Air Flow Sensors, yea well the closer those are to the turbo itsself, the more HP you gain. we tried many different intake kits each with different locations on the sensor each being closer. The last one was a K&N kit that the sensor is almost to the turbo. So we decided to move it on one that was far away from the charger to as close as we could get it. GAINED A WHOPPING 100 HP just by doin that. CRAZY STUFF. Who could have ever believed. So now we got an idea of getting the sensor built in the charger. gonna take some engineering but i think we can get it done! Who new, we were stunned!!!

Does the Mass Air flow take into account the temperature? I am curious if that is why your getting more HP? It is picking up cooler air and dumping in more fuel?

Does the Mass Air flow take into account the temperature? I am curious if that is why your getting more HP? It is picking up cooler air and dumping in more fuel?

Hes joking guys.

The real way to gain 100 HP is to go dyno your truck at Danville Performance, guaranteed inflation over your previous numbers. Best results are gained when your previous numbers were made on neutral dyno, preferably a superflow, with an operator with nothing to gain by high numbers.

Hes joking guys.

The real way to gain 100 HP is to go dyno your truck at Danville Performance, guaranteed inflation over your previous numbers. Best results are gained when your previous numbers were made on neutral dyno, preferably a superflow, with an operator with nothing to gain by high numbers.

exactly! :D :hehe:

Glad to see im not alone in my ways of thinking!:Cheer:

Dyno's

I guess it really doesn't matter but I just ran on Danville's dyno and made 890 Then I went to the suncoast event on dunbars dyno and made 885. Where do I have to go to get a real number? Jeff

Dyno numbers

MAN! I don't know mr. Gainer but if he is really only 560 hp that doesn't say much for all the high powered trucks in the 2.6 class. Jeff

man it is quite interesting what a joke of a thread actually starts. wow guys come on. geeze it was suppose to be a joke.

I hate duramaxes :hehe: and kyle and matt and Danville but for some odd reason I like john the owner of that Crank-it-up diesel place LOL.
Brandon

PS yes I hate duramaxes because I cannot keep up with them.

I hate duramaxes :hehe: and kyle and matt and Danville but for some odd reason I like john the owner of that Crank-it-up diesel place LOL.
Brandon

PS yes I hate duramaxes because I cannot keep up with them.

that sounds like a truck deficiency or a persoanl problem.... or little of both..... :hehe:

i know a couple have a hard time keeping up wiht me... others i just cant get a stick to shake at it :hehe:

Just think of the power it would make if it was used as the exhaust tip!!!!!!!

dyno hp - not to be confused with real hp

I guess it really doesn't matter but I just ran on Danville's dyno and made 890 Then I went to the suncoast event on dunbars dyno and made 885. Where do I have to go to get a real number? Jeff

Talking about dyno runs with loads of nitrous has no relation to anything "real". Also danville had nothing to gain by high numbers out of your truck, as they didn't "build" it.

NOS if done correct, with the right parts is no harder on parts than a big turbo making the same power. FACT! I just got back from dynoing my truck(over 500 miles) and made 890hp. Yes with nos but made 750 without. That to me is big power with being able to drive it that far. That was a single stage smallish jet. I will make over 1000 next time! God I love diesel trucks that you can actually drive. Jeff

This was after the 890 at danville, you said the next time you said you would make over 1000. It just so happens you did enough improvements(bigger jet, etc.) that you made within 5 dyno horsepower of your danville number. Take that setup back to danville and i believe you would have done 1000 dyno hp.

Was the suncost event not what you meant by "next time" or were you just not that interested in seeing if you could make a bigger number?

Dyno time

No Kyle I tryed but a bigger jet didn't do anything when the line size is the restriction. I need to add another stage of nos or increase the size of the system I have to make more power. I will break 1000 sometime but thats not my goal. I want to go fast and the power(number wise) really doesn't matter as long as it goes like I want it to. I need a couple of good track outings to dial in the fuel and timing and I think I will be ok. I'm going to try another dyno at EEP on the 14th and see how it does there. If your not doing anything your more than welcome to come and watch. Jeff

No Kyle I tryed but a bigger jet didn't do anything when the line size is the restriction. I need to add another stage of nos or increase the size of the system I have to make more power. I will break 1000 sometime but thats not my goal. I want to go fast and the power(number wise) really doesn't matter as long as it goes like I want it to. I need a couple of good track outings to dial in the fuel and timing and I think I will be ok. I'm going to try another dyno at EEP on the 14th and see how it does there. If your not doing anything your more than welcome to come and watch. Jeff

Just run the same jet/line first there if you want to see what I'm talking about.

if i must say again, this thread was not intended to turn into a bashing KYLE. it was suppose to be a joke and so people could havea good time with it. i guess some cant refrain from keeping there mouth shut.....

Gotta love internet bashing, I just truly hope ppl can be mature enough to keep the fighting contained to the key board. The first few pulls of the season will be interesting, i am def bring my boxing gloves and a cooler of beer, this will be comical. Next thing we know there is going to be gang wars at truck pulls, there wont be head gaskets leaking, but ppl leaking. We are all going to walk around with a pry bar in our pant legs, never know when u are going to get jumped. Personal body guards are recommended for the 2009 season according to cotpa website, in fact may even be required at larger events. Everyone just needs to calm down, too much emotion flyin around these days, everyone hates everyone. Dont hold it against a man for having a decent running truck, that should just give everyone else motivation to make theirs run better.

:pop: this is starting to get good. Also if anyone is in need of a body guard I'm always for hire!!!

JT, happy to see u are willing to help with the cause, just dont forget to put the pry bar in ur trench coat or pant leg.
:pop: this is starting to get good. Also if anyone is in need of a body guard I'm always for hire!!!