Top Secret: How to GAIN 100+ HP on your DMAX!

Man I like threads like these lets me throw my 2 cents in. All you guys claiming to make big power besides Jeff as he's not scared to run, unload your pulling stuff off your truck and hit the strip! No excuses! Don't care what you run as far as combos or whos stuff you have lets see what you can do. Then the bull$hit can stop. Jneal did it how come no one else has??? By the way I'm no fan for anyone that talks numbers and dosen't hit the strip and back them up or their products. Tried to get ppe to take their truck with their vvt charger to the track and they never did but said it should make 600 hp. Wonder why they never did!

Man I like threads like these lets me throw my 2 cents in. All you guys claiming to make big power besides Jeff as he's not scared to run, unload your pulling stuff off your truck and hit the strip! No excuses! Don't care what you run as far as combos or whos stuff you have lets see what you can do. Then the bull$hit can stop. Jneal did it how come no one else has??? By the way I'm no fan for anyone that talks numbers and dosen't hit the strip and back them up or their products. Tried to get ppe to take their truck with their vvt charger to the track and they never did but said it should make 600 hp. Wonder why they never did!

because not all of us drag race or for that matter even like racing. we prove ourselves in what our trucks are built for. some of us race others pull. they arer way different aspects. a truck that pulls good may race ****ty. a truck that races good may pull ****ty. we build them for the purpose and thats what the truck is good at.

I can see a truck that pulls good has different senarios to help it do so but hp is hp and will propell you down the track to a certain mph. What makes your pulling setup on your truck stop it from running good besides if you don't take the weight out of it you if you added any than your basic truck as far as setup? Either way if you don't like drag racing its a good way to see if your power numbers are true or not.

Casper is purpose built for raceing and he is pretty impressive on the sled pulls to

I can see a truck that pulls good has different senarios to help it do so but hp is hp and will propell you down the track to a certain mph. What makes your pulling setup on your truck stop it from running good besides if you don't take the weight out of it you if you added any than your basic truck as far as setup? Either way if you don't like drag racing its a good way to see if your power numbers are true or not.

Sorry dude I have to comment on this. A HP number doesn't mean s*** on the track. Back when I was a drag racer more than a puller I ran a car with less power and less motor just as fast as others. I have to agree with gainer on this one some pullers are built for that and some are for draggin but it all comes down to how you set your vehicle up. BTW my puller is more than happy to haul my strip cars to the track it has nothing to prove there its happy just holding its own workin on the farm and tearing up the pulling track.:poke:

Hp

Sorry Steve, but this is not true when it is "purpose built" to do one thing really well. It is about as clear as mud. For examples, Kusilek's(sorry if miss spelled) little truck made 918ish rwhp but only turned 12.3-12.4 in the quarter. Ric Scrimager's truck was great sled puller but 12.3ish was the best it did at the drag strip also. The "Dirty Hooker" has more horsepower imho than Tomac's and beats it on the sled track but Tomac is faster on the strip. Setup is far more important than the power level on the drag strip. You got guys like Tom(The Bac) running 12.4's with a stock turboed dmax which is .1 slower than a fully built to the hilt 850++RWHP Race truck???? Doesn't make alot of sense does it. As far as Gainer's truck, I would almost gaurantee it would blow up on the drag strip if he ran it with the belt on it and the 660hp tune. It was purpose built to be at it's best on the dirt with a completely stock motor, period. I personaly though it was going to blow up ALONG time ago but it just keeps going and going and who knows how long it will last but I can gaurantee you that we are going to continue to push her as hard as we have and time will tell the story.

Sorry dude I have to comment on this. A HP number doesn't mean s*** on the track. Back when I was a drag racer more than a puller I ran a car with less power and less motor just as fast as others. I have to agree with gainer on this one some pullers are built for that and some are for draggin but it all comes down to how you set your vehicle up. BTW my puller is more than happy to haul my strip cars to the track it has nothing to prove there its happy just holding its own workin on the farm and tearing up the pulling track.:poke:

Your hp to weight ratio must have been good. What I'm getting at is mph not e.t. Your mph shows power.
Mark I understand where your comming from about purpose built trucks as the one you stated. Tony's truck weighs alot but his mph his there for his power last time I seen his sig. Tomacs truck is lighter. You need to take the truck you dynoed that had the great power curve with your turbo unlike curves I've seen with other modded vvt. The number was impresive but the curve is what I liked and think it would scream.

Your hp to weight ratio must have been good. What I'm getting at is mph not e.t. Your mph shows power.
Mark I understand where your comming from about purpose built trucks as the one you stated. Tony's truck weighs alot but his mph his there for his power last time I seen his sig. Tomacs truck is lighter. You need to take the truck you dynoed that had the great power curve with your turbo unlike curves I've seen with other modded vvt. The number was impresive but the curve is what I liked and think it would scream.

Just an FYI my favorite car was a sleeper 3800lbs with a mild 355ci small block. It ran in the real low 13's and mph over 100 through the traps

Hopefully Tuesday night Steve we will see but it is stupid fast from the SOTP meter.

Seen you got another one of your stage 2 turbos done on another truck and made good power with that! Keep me posted on how it does as I get more interested about these the more I read!

That's cool. Weather here dosen't know if it wants to be spring or winter here lately.

Its the same way here right now. One day its nice and warm out and the next its raining and freezing outside

Who would honestly send anything to kyle... even if he did the best work or sold the best parts or was the cheapest (imo none are true) why would you have him work on your stuff when he acts like a kid? I'd never have someone like him do anything to my truck.