Toyota 2.4 NA Diesel

Don't feel bad Dan, I have two to three repower projects awaiting my attention, just have to get the $$$ up to get the motor(s).

Oh yeah, and a VW rabbit gasser truck to convert back to diesel for a commuter :bang

New clutch now

Well I guess the added power from the turbo was to much for the clutch to handle. started slipping Friday night.
New one installed Saturday (not fun).
The fun continues.

Anyone have a HY 35 sitting around? Sure would like to find one to test.

dan

Send the old clutch to South Bend or someone similar, you are likely to need it sooner rather than later LOL LOL

Hopefully soon I'll have a 40 you might could borrow, but I think it would be a bit large :(

Billysgoat said:
Send the old clutch to South Bend or someone similar, you are likely to need it sooner rather than later LOL LOL

Hopefully soon I'll have a 40 you might could borrow, but I think it would be a bit large :(

I dont think I'll be needing a new clutch for some time and @ a whole whoppin $78 bucks I think I can replace as needed. This thing is still a little 2.4 ltr no matter what I do to it, the power increase with the added turbo has got to be close to 40-50% but it's still no power house by any means.

Ya I think the 40 would be a bit large for this little thing. I really think a HY35 would be right where I need to be, nice smaller housing and a larger compressor that what I have now. I'm thinking I could run it at a lower boost level and still have a better burn as it has to move more air than this little thing.
Come on timmy, get goin on your turbo replacement and send me that HY to try out.

dan

Last edited:
Good point Dan, I wish my clutch was replaceable for $78 :bang

I'll be sure to keep bugging Timmy for ya' :evil

Billysgoat said:

Sounds great Thanks.

dan

Does anyone know of a P Pump 4 cyl? ....

Does anyone know......

I know there are some of these 4 cyl diesels that use a inline pump like the P series we use on our Dodges, does anyone know which brand? Besides the 4bt. That one has a bit to much displacement to be used.

I would really like to use a p pump instead of this VE style.
I know this engine is capable of more power but I'll never get enough fuel out of thie VE to see it.

I wonder if I could mod the governer so my current pump would deliver more fuel in the higher RPM's....

Untill I get more air I cant really do anything anyway, I still have some room to turn the pump up now but with the baby huffer I have it can get the EGT's a bit warm.
Right now it runs @ about 1000 deg all the time (freeway), if I turn up the pump I just get more smoke (not much) and more heat, as I'm still learning what this little 4 banger is capable of I dont like to run it higher than 1200 deg even though I have talked with guys that run thiers @ 1100 post turbo all the time. Not to many of these around for me to be blowing it up.

dan

P-pump 4 cyl:

Case tractror with 4BTA
4BTA Freightliner
AGCO diesel or SISU diesel (Valtra Valmet).

Well I started a VE pump thread inthe 1st gen section as the pump I have is of the same configuration it would be REALLY nice to know if I could get a gov spring etc to get some more fuel out of it.

Got a Block heater and New Rad installed this weekend.

It's about ready for ya Billysgoat :woohoo:

dan

See "Pwoject Wicked Wabbit" thread Dan, I might not need it, not that I wouldn't WANT it, can never have too many diesels LOL LOL

SONOFABI*#H!!!

So I replced my rear main when I did the clutch, it wasnt leaking but I hated not replacing a seal that was so easy to get to with the trans out so....

Now it's leaking! I tell ya what......:doh:
At least it's not leaking bad but I HATE oil leaks with a passion soit's gonna bug me for months now because I'm not climbing under there till it's warm outside again.
Talk about a kick in the :kick:
dan

Billysgoat said:

LOL whats an auto for those things 250?

Good question, I wish I had a auto trans, sure would be much nicer for what I use it for.
But go ahead and see if you can find one for a diesel period. They just do not exist in the US.

dan

Last edited:
The FIRST clutch replacement I did on the goat my buddy who was helping me asked "Where is your new rear seal? You always replace it when you do a clutch job" I pointed to the original one and asked "Is that one leaking?" :umno: LOL LOL LOL

Since then the tranny has been out a couple of times.....still has the original rear seal in it too :D

Looking for a cooler? What about Joe? Arrraagh, what's his name........ Joe Hell......... no, Joe Heck.......... no........what is it? I think it's like part of a sandwich or something?:bang

Burner said:
Looking for a cooler? What about Joe? Arrraagh, what's his name........ Joe Hell......... no, Joe Heck.......... no........what is it? I think it's like part of a sandwich or something?:bang

Wow, you really lost me with this one...:confused:

dan

That little truck of yours is just flat out sweet. That thing would make for a sweet offroad/krawler once you got everything straightened out. And the flatbed just sets it off. Nice work. :ylsuper:

You need to through a straight axle under the front and set it on some 36s.....

SuperDave4x4 said:
That little truck of yours is just flat out sweet. That thing would make for a sweet offroad/krawler once you got everything straightened out. And the flatbed just sets it off. Nice work. :ylsuper:

You need to through a straight axle under the front and set it on some 36s.....

It's already a straight axle (1984) I would love some 36's but I need gears first.
Time is all I need.

Thanks for the compliments.

dan

Back