Toyota 2.4 NA Diesel

Nice! Just find you some d44s out of a waggoneer. I believe they came with 4.10s. That's what I was going to do to my 98 ranger when I had it.

SuperDave4x4 said:
Nice! Just find you some d44s out of a waggoneer. I believe they came with 4.10s. That's what I was going to do to my 98 ranger when I had it.

just sold a pair of 44's w/ 4.09's.

Dang Toy axles are just as strong as 44's and already have 4.10's.
I'm needing 4.88's now with the 31's so if I bump to 36's in the future I'll have to have at least 5.29's and that wont be low enough for those 36" tires so I would need a gear reduction t case as well....
I think I'll keep the stock axles and find a set of 4.88's and just drive the snot out of this thing.

dan

Yeah I've read a wee bit on the toy axles and there a nice axle. I totally forgot about gearing to that little thing and yeah 5.29s would be a must for 36s.

Man, I would love to have that sucker! :ylsuper:

Burner said:
......I'm guessing you called, what did ya find out?

I sent a e mail but have yet to get a price back, may be in my work e mail when I get to work Monday
I'll report as soon as I hear back.

dan

SuperDave4x4 said:
Yeah I've read a wee bit on the toy axles and there a nice axle. I totally forgot about gearing to that little thing and yeah 5.29s would be a must for 36s.

Man, I would love to have that sucker! :ylsuper:

Make me an offer and I'll ship it out to ya.:rockwoot:
dan

I had a member of Comp contact me on a HY he had available so I Paypaled him some cash and I'll have a Hy in my hands soon.
Hope it doesnt end up being to much for the 2.4, I also hope I can fit it under the hood with out having to build a wierd adaptor...
Anyway, should be fun attempting to blow the head off this thing.

dan

So long as it doesn't happen between work and home while loosing a race it's all good :evil LOL LOL

How Much?

Ok, so lets figure out what this truck is worth, Had someone mention they would like to buy this Toy and I have no idea what it's worth.

Anyone got a idea?
I saw a 2wd NA go for $4K in Colorado

Toyota 4x4 reg cab
5 spd

New stuff added over the last 60 days;
Timing belt
Water pump
Radiator
Injection Pump w/ Boost compensator
Advanced timing and pump turned up
Injectors have new tips, pop off set and flowed
Pusher pump
Turbo w/ OE exhaust manifold and OE intake manifold
Cold air intake
2.5" exhaust system Turbo back
All V Belts
Glow plugs
Charged A/C
Block heater (freeze plug type)
Fuel level sender (Toyota)
Carrier Bearing
Front brake Rotors
Braided brake lines
New clutch
Rear trans mount
Clutch Master cyl
4" lift
Shocks
Toyo 31" A/T's on Alum wheels
2 new batteries
EGT, Boost, Fuel pressure on A Pillar
Oil pres, Water temp, Volts in dash pod
All Auto meter Ultra lights
New windshield
Tinted all glass
APC Buckets
Pre formed carpet w/ lots of insulation
Tilt column, changed key switch so doors still match
Removed Toy fuel filter assy and installed one off a 01 Dodge better filter and easier to find.
Caterpillar Reverse lights
Flat bed w/ LED lights
Received hitch mounted to frame.
Valves were just adjusted also

I know there's probably something I'm forgetting but at the moment I don't remember.

I did a compression test today,
#1 425
#2 420
#3 380
#4 425

dan

Burner said:
I wonder why #3 hole is so much lower?

May have something to do with the 180K miles maybe, just thinking out loud here.

It's only 40-45 lbs differant thatn the rest anyway. Book says up to 80lbs is acceptable.

dan

I got ya. 80 would be about 19% and that's only 10% difference, not too bad.

I just reread my last post and it read a bit snotty. Sorry I must have been a a mood at that moment.

dan

I have no clue what it would be worth in your area Dan, around here if you could get 3k for it you would be doing good, but it's worth lots more than that IMHO. I don't think 5k would be out of the question atall.

I found a intercooler today for $20.00, of a Volvo 740. Kinda big but I think with a sawzal and a cut of wheel I can make it fit.

The process continues.

dan

jamesl said:
that was short lived, whats next?

I'm looking at a little Jetta diesel right now but mainly I just want a Dodge again.
I cant handle not driving something that has less that 500rwhp.
The Jetta will be a commuter for a short time then I'll sell that suka to.

dan

Back