Transmission Guru's Help needed

How do you leave the line at 1200rpm. Last time i sat in the car it was hard to keep it from driving threw the shop at idle when you put it in drive lol.

This wasn't meant to be a dave bashing thread yet I have a dumbass opinion. I don't have an opinion, what I have is the conversation between dave and myself about this thread 6 months ago. Go ahead and call me a dumbass again.

That's fine, then please explain why this transmission has been in his shop 3 times and he has failed to fix that or any of the issues involved in HIS builds? Oh and never once asked for warranty and paid each and ever bill they gave us. Right now ATS is looking like a much better route than Dave.

And BTW that's #1.

Once again when the truth comes out this thread won't be one-sided.:stab:

This wasn't meant to be a dave bashing thread yet I have a dumbass opinion. I don't have an opinion, what I have is the conversation between dave and myself about this thread 6 months ago. Go ahead and call me a dumbass again.

That's great Dave will talk to you about it but not me. Yep, you earned that opinion because you apparently are one sided. This trans hasn't been opened up since it was brought back from Dave's shop. Last fall we swapped valve bodies and checked pressures. No one pulled it apart since until now. Go back and look through the thread. The story doesn't change. I know where you're getting your bad info from. You know we've been fighting it for a long time and for you to imply I'm a liar is bull ****. So if you don't have any ideas on what could be wrong with this trans, don't comment on it.

Wanderer, do you have a good way of checking for this. You might be on to something here. The over drive clutches are burnt too. This doesn't add up. The trans always has good line pressure. We've watched the data logs to make sure we weren't missing something.

Forward clutches are fine though, correct? Direct was burnt but i didnt see a mention of forward having problems?

Post up the invoices for all parts and labor to keep confusion down on when, what, and where.

Post up the invoices for all parts and labor to keep confusion down on when, what, and where.

The last time it was there they didn't charge us. I'll have to dig up the invoice from when rebuilt it. Its been a while since this thing has been sitting with no drivetrain.

I don't get what the confusion is. Im not asking forDave to fix it and Im not looking for refunds or to start a pissing war. We're looking for other opinions on to why its doing what its doing. The last 3 times its been apart its needed direct clutches replaced. That is another reason why we are swapping cases.

The last time it was there they didn't charge us. I'll have to dig up the invoice from when rebuilt it. Its been a while since this thing has been sitting with no drivetrain.

I don't get what the confusion is. Im not asking forDave to fix it and Im not looking for refunds or to start a pissing war. We're looking for other opinions on to why its doing what its doing. The last 3 times its been apart its needed direct clutches replaced. That is another reason why we are swapping cases.

I've got news for you. You've already started a pissing war. Do like CSynder says and post up ALL your receipts.
I got more news for you. I'll post or comment on anything I want. You want me to call you so we can talk this over. I don't think so. I've nothing to say to you. AND for every derogatory name you call me I'll pound a knot on your head. Your move!

I've got news for you. You've already started a pissing war. Do like CSynder says and post up ALL your receipts.
I got more news for you. I'll post or comment on anything I want. You want me to call you so we can talk this over. I don't think so. I've nothing to say to you. AND for every derogatory name you call me I'll pound a knot on your head. Your move!

Oh fuk, I'm scared.

Last edited:

Who the fuk is this guy? Are you some 16 year old punk that just watched a repeat of "the ultimate fighter"? Grow the he'll up and learn to comprehend what you are reading.

Who the fuk is this guy? Are you some 16 year old punk that just watched a repeat of "the ultimate fighter"? Grow the he'll up and learn to comprehend what you are reading.

FYI: Jim (Lucky Dog) Layden

If that name doesnt sound familiar you should google it. Jim is not a tiny guy who needs Ultimate Fighter to make him tough.

Last edited:
FYI: Jim (Lucky Dog) Layden

If that name doesnt sound familiar you should google it. Jim is not a tiny guy who needs Ultimate Fighter to make him tough.

Jesus, did i say the man was a b1tch? No... I said the way he acted was pathetic.

Jesus, did i say the man was a b1tch? No... I said the way he acted was pathetic.

I guess I missed your point in your myopic ramblings. 2 posts on this thread and neither are useful.

I guess I missed your point in your myopic ramblings. 2 posts on this thread and neither are useful.

Incorrect again. I posted on this thread a while back. While regularly checking this thread that i have been eager to see progress of the transmission issue being resolved i see someone start accusing wrencher of bashing Dave. As closely as i have followed this thread i figured i would have noticed if he was bashing him, but he didn't. I was simply trying to figure out what had "Jim" Soo worked up that he wanted to brawl with wrencher via wifi. :Cheer:

Forward clutches are fine though, correct? Direct was burnt but i didnt see a mention of forward having problems?

Direct clutch is burnt and steels are warped, reverse band is burnt in a couple areas.

2nd and 3rd are showing signs of getting hot.

This points to a low pressure issue, but the pressures were fine. A local builder told us the case won't change anything. We'll see what happens.

And yes, the trans worked fine. We just can not get any kind of stall out of it. That's why we removed the trans. Like I said before, it did stall 3 or 4 years ago before I burnt up the forward clutches. Hell, maybe the only way to get one of these to stall in something under 4,000lbs is to run a straight V10/V10 TC. That's what Dave built at that time for me and it worked. When I burnt the trans up Dave made some changes to the TC because the V10/V10 one wouldn't pull hard unless it was locked up. He was trying to remedy that. I was fine with trying whatever he wanted. He's the one who does it daily. Not me. Now if I could remember for sure which TC it was for sure, I'd go back to that to see if it'd work again. There are just a few too many issues to try and say what it is for sure. It might work like it's supposed to in a 2wd Dodge. I doubt it, but who knows.

Last edited:
This trans had maybe 10 1/4 mile passes on it since we got it back from Goerend. A big thanks to them for doing quality work.................................

The car has only had 7 passes on it since the last rebuild by a supposedly good builder. This isn't the first time they built it and its burnt up the forward clutch pack. We were trying to make it for a TNT this weekend since we thought it was only going to be a swap the guts into a new case but now that its a full rebuild its going to delay us.

I do have to thank Darren at Pro Street Diesel for the time he has put into helping us try to diagnose this pile of transmission.

Found out today the transmission was never built properly, direct drum piston only had 9 spring in it causing the piston to engage prematurely burning the clutches and not causing the temps to rise. Thanks Goerend, definitely top notch quality work.

i see someone start accusing wrencher of bashing Dave. As closely as i have followed this thread i figured i would have noticed if he was bashing him, but he didn't.

I have no dog in this fight but really? :doh:

I can't say I'm proud of that comment I typed, but that's what happens when you type when you're pissed. So sorry to Dave and crew for that. It would just be nice to finally get this working.