Triple turbos

351ve over s474 will not allow 800+, multiple problems will arise first and foremost lack of adequate airflow in and out of the engine

Who do you know of that has tried that power level with a ewg before the 351 and dumping excessive dp to the primary?

I don't have a wastegate on mine yet....Think I'll just relieve the drive-pressure by getting that SB 66/74/14....It has a big enough housing to help alleviate some of the DP.

However, Black Ops Diesel makes a really nice setup. I can give you Buck's info if you're interested in one, and want to holler at him. Just shoot me a PM and I'll send you his number.

Last edited:
I don't have a wastegate on mine yet....Think I'll just relieve the drive-pressure by getting that SB 66/74/14....It has a big enough housing to help alleviate some of the DP.

However, Black Ops Diesel makes a really nice setup. I can give you Buck's info if you're interested in one, and want to holler at him. Just shoot me a PM and I'll send you his number.

I fabricated my own and it has no diaphram, but thanks. :Cheer:

I ran an External wastegate on my original setup and i wasnt able to get near 800 with it. 650 consistently and with things in check but that was pushing it.

I ran 741hp dynijet #'s and 701hp on a superflow. Were you dumping the exsessive drive to the primary, I gained over 50hp doing that. With smarty 23tnt sw3(because I couldnt hold rail anything above that) it was something like 663, so when I get my pump back I will be able to hold rail with sw9. I spoke with Ken Jones @ Wild diesel and he has made over 800hp with the vgt compounded. Also II has seen a couple trucks over 800hp as well with the vgt, so it is possible.

I ran 741hp dynijet #'s and 701hp on a superflow. Were you dumping the exsessive drive to the primary, I gained over 50hp doing that. With smarty 23tnt sw3(because I couldnt hold rail anything above that) it was something like 663, so when I get my pump back I will be able to hold rail with sw9. I spoke with Ken Jones @ Wild diesel and he has made over 800hp with the vgt compounded. Also II has seen a couple trucks over 800hp as well with the vgt, so it is possible.

I bet your WG hates you:hehe:
Have you thought about gating both turbo's?

I bet your WG hates you:hehe:
Have you thought about gating both turbo's?

LOL....it earns its keep. At some point I will have to like we talked about, but I need to find out how much that 475 will handle with all that dp feeding it.

With that much fuel, you could run the S474 as a single....

Caleb

Agreed

it baffles me that people are so dead set on keeping the factory brake when there are plenty of aftermarket options

if I had a 6.7, the first thing that I would do is hang a 66 on it

This is one of the reasons I'm about to give up on cummins forum, the same idiots trying to make huge power out of stock turbos and external gates... drives me absolutely insane

Just put a SilverBullet 66/74/14 on your truck and some Black Ops 120hp injectors, Smarty TNT tuning, and a bigger cP3......You'll be layin it down.
Ryan (Krazeeun) knows what I'm talking about...

I'm only running a 66/71.... for now :) I dont use TNT tuning either :lolly:

I'd bet cash you won't be able to maintain rail pressure above 22k on 23TNT-SW9 no matter how many giant pumps you jam up its ass... thats so much duration i dont think the injectors will close :poke:

my vote goes for running that S474 as a single with a tight exhaust housing, keeping that gate and fueling the piss out of it :st:

Agreed

This is one of the reasons I'm about to give up on cummins forum, the same idiots trying to make huge power out of stock turbos and external gates... drives me absolutely insane

I'm only running a 66/71.... for now :) I dont use TNT tuning either :lolly:

I'd bet cash you won't be able to maintain rail pressure above 22k on 23TNT-SW9 no matter how many giant pumps you jam up its ass... thats so much duration i dont think the injectors will close :poke:

my vote goes for running that S474 as a single with a tight exhaust housing, keeping that gate and fueling the piss out of it :st:

Say what you want my truck has a whole lot more power with my vgt and wg and we will see what will happen with my pump and sw9.

I think you highly underestimate the duration that's pumped into the 18TNT and 23TNT tunes...

I got a beer saying your VGT goes bang before I get home in August..

How goes it Ryan? When you get back home, you need to head up this way and we'll party hard.

You're right, the 18TNT is what i run....It's pretty sick. Marco did an outstanding job on it.

I think you highly underestimate the duration that's pumped into the 18TNT and 23TNT tunes...

I got a beer saying your VGT goes bang before I get home in August..

I'm sure it has tons of duration but a lot of guys on here are going off of here say. I don't know first hand how much duration s67 tnt has but I'm going to try it out and see how this 200% pump does. I think you are under estimating the capabilitys of a external waste gate and if you are betting beer and sound as serious as you are that's not to confident. Why do you respond to people moding their trucks with vgt's on them if it drives you so crazy, just kick back and let daddy show you what an ewg and compounds will do :hehe:

23 TNT has too much duration, updated tunes are supposed to be in the making. The limiting factor in your twins is the compressor on the VGT, those are tow twins hence the exhaust brake. You will need to put a better small turbo in that setup to go past 800, pushing a system beyond its capabilities can have bad results.$.02 How hot are your EGT's on the dyno?

23 TNT has too much duration, updated tunes are supposed to be in the making. The limiting factor in your twins is the compressor on the VGT, those are tow twins hence the exhaust brake. You will need to put a better small turbo in that setup to go past 800, pushing a system beyond its capabilities can have bad results.$.02 How hot are your EGT's on the dyno?

I see between 1300 to 1400 deg on the dyno. After I get my rods in I'm going for 800hp so we will see. Like I said theres a few people that are over 800hp with the vgt in a twin setup.

I'm sure it has tons of duration but a lot of guys on here are going off of here say. I don't know first hand how much duration s67 tnt has but I'm going to try it out and see how this 200% pump does. I think you are under estimating the capabilitys of a external waste gate and if you are betting beer and sound as serious as you are that's not to confident. Why do you respond to people moding their trucks with vgt's on them if it drives you so crazy, just kick back and let daddy show you what an ewg and compounds will do :hehe:

my experience with smarty and tnt is anything but heresay, what do you think I do at SunCoast??? lol

to me, "performance" and the stock vgt, is much like a wing and a fartcan on an old beatup neon, at the end of the day, it's still a neon

As you wish "Pops", vgt awayyyyy LOL

Last edited:
my experience with smarty and tnt is anything but heresay, what do you think I do at SunCoast??? lol
to me, "performance" and the stock vgt, is much like a wing and a fartcan on an old beatup neon, at the end of the day, it's still a neon

As you wish "Pops", vgt awayyyyy LOL

Screw up the smarty settings that Chase puts in Ron's truck ;) :lolly:

BRAYDEN!? *insulted* You take that back!

You could be referring to one of two instances..

Initial dyno tune on the endeavor, DALLAS sent CHASE a smarty with 23TNT loaded on it already and you guys thought you were using ME.... "I" fixed it down here in FL... well... so I just did what you guys told me to do but still, I was on the FIXING side of that one!

Second instance is the most recent where Dan loaded the wrong tune and made the truck slow at the gator races... I had nothing to do with that I'm in Kyrgyzstan!!

I'm innocent!!

Last edited:

Let me get this straight, you're fixing airflow problems with more fuel? And since the compressor is a limiting factor you're going to wastegate the exhaust better? Oh this is going to work just great....

Last edited: