Triple turbos

I need to get on some of y'alls dynos. I hit 691 without a external gate and only 655 with it dumping t the primary.

Lol, I hit 775 with one turbo and no gate:snoop:

Im with you...

5.9 795/16** Single FPE Billet S366 non-gated 830+ Huffing a lil Meth
6.7 756/1747 Single FPE Billet S366 non-gated

Not sure why were posting numbers.... Thought itd be fun!

Caleb

Let me get this straight, you're fixing airflow problems with more fuel? And since the compressor is a limiting factor you're going to wastegate the exhaust better? Oh this is going to work just great....

I have no air flow problems bud! It has been wastgated for 6 months and running fine!

I need to get on some of y'alls dynos. I hit 691 without a external gate and only 655 with it dumping t the primary.

What twins are you running? Are you sure you had the dyno loaded properly? Bring it on over to ca at 300 ft above sea level, who know you mite even put down lower numbers :lolly:

What twins are you running? Are you sure you had the dyno loaded properly? Bring it on over to ca at 300 ft above sea level, who know you mite even put down lower numbers :lolly:

Compcowboy made one of the first sets of VGT over s400 actually I think it was the first set, I am pretty sure he knows what he is doing. After him everyone started coming out with a set, then he switched to a 64 over s400 I wonder why? He also had a gate option in his kit.

Compcowboy made one of the first sets of VGT over s400 actually I think it was the first set, I am pretty sure he knows what he is doing. After him everyone started coming out with a set, then he switched to a 64 over s400 I wonder why? He also had a gate option in his kit.
Yeah I realize that, I was reading comp d and cf before anybody cracked the ecm. All I'm saying is with dual Cp3's and 200hp nozzzles he should be putting down better #'s than that. If you are in doubting my setup you are more than welcome to watch me make some dyno runs at Drakes!

Yeah I realize that, I was reading comp d and cf before anybody cracked the ecm. All I'm saying is with dual Cp3's and 200hp nozzzles he should be putting down better #'s than that. If you are in doubting my setup you are more than welcome to watch me make some dyno runs at Drakes!

I have always thought i should be putting down bigger numbers from day one. I have seen numerous setups with less then i am running with much bigger numbers. I have tried every tuner pretty much, been on 4 or 5 different dynos at different locations and elevations. I wish i new the secret.:nail:

I have always thought i should be putting down bigger numbers from day one. I have seen numerous setups with less then i am running with much bigger numbers. I have tried every tuner pretty much, been on 4 or 5 different dynos at different locations and elevations. I wish i new the secret.:nail:

The secret is Smarty Chris:rockwoot:

What exactly is your setup? Turbo's, manifold, tuner, etc etc...................

What exactly is your setup? Turbo's, manifold, tuner, etc etc...................

64/71/14 over a s475, 100% over injectors, dual stock pumps, htt manifold, Shibby intake and boost tube, H&S blackmaxx with custom tune, snow performance mpg max (never dynoed with), g56 with a big Valair clutch. Fuel rail is shimmed. I ran a smarty, mp-8, edge juice, and pmt before. My numbers have fluctuated from 655 up to 691.

64/71/14 over a s475, 100% over injectors, dual stock pumps, htt manifold, Shibby intake and boost tube, H&S blackmaxx with custom tune, snow performance mpg max (never dynoed with), g56 with a big Valair clutch. Fuel rail is shimmed. I ran a smarty, mp-8, edge juice, and pmt before. My numbers have fluctuated from 655 up to 691.

Your max potential HP is only as good as you can squeeze thru your High Pressure turbo.... FPE made 750/1747 with less fuel than your setup on a single Billet 66/73 on 6.7 (Blackmaxx Hot Damn 175 Tunning), and can make over 900+ on a single 475 clipped to 2.6 with tha amount of fuel you do have...

Im no compound expert by any means, but Id bet if you ditched the 64 for something bigger, you just might find what your looking for....

Just a thought.

Caleb

Last edited:

I've watched plenty of people dyno, most everyone of them thought they should have made more power. Especially the twin trucks and there is always one common problem Caleb just mentioned it.

Biggest issue so far is loading the dyno. I can usually only squeeze 55 psi out on the dyno. Getting to the 65 mark is where the power is.

Biggest issue so far is loading the dyno. I can usually only squeeze 55 psi out on the dyno. Getting to the 65 mark is where the power is.

Thats what I figured with all the fuel and a 64/71/14, I think you should be making about 100hp more than me. Guys like Backhoe Man try to throw it out there like they have all the answers :kick: What kind of dynos have you ran your truck on!

ATS has a video of one of their trucks on the dyno with what they say is a Stock VGT as a secondary over a Aurora 7k (S500) making 869 / 1702 . It may just be some purple palace magic? It is after all an ATS truck on the ATS dyno making an advertisement for ATS.

Mod List
2008 6.7 QCSB 4x4
ATS 68RFE Transmission
ATS Co-Pilot
ATS Twin CP3's
ATS Aurora Plus Compounds (stock VGT and Aurora 7000)
ATS Atomizer
15% over nozzles
Smarty
H-11 head studs

Just a comment. Carry on with the .... :stab:

Last edited:
ATS has a video of one of their trucks on the dyno with what they say is a Stock VGT as a secondary over a Aurora 7k (S500) making 869 / 1702 . It may just be some purple palace magic? It is after all an ATS truck on the ATS dyno making an advertisement for ATS.

Mod List
2008 6.7 QCSB 4x4
ATS 68RFE Transmission
ATS Co-Pilot
ATS Twin CP3's
ATS Aurora Plus Compounds (stock VGT and Aurora 7000)
ATS Atomizer
15% over nozzles
Smarty
H-11 head studs

Just a comment. Carry on with the .... :stab:

The Browns made big power with a 62/S595 setup and some serious intercooling, IIRC

The top charger is not that much of a limitation if you have the rest of the setup right...most people have way too much secondary anymore...IMHO

Now, that doesn't mean the stocker is the best....the best intake side in the world won't make up for an undersized, EPA pleasing turbine....

Chris

Thats what I figured with all the fuel and a 64/71/14, I think you should be making about 100hp more than me. Guys like Backhoe Man try to throw it out there like they have all the answers :kick: What kind of dynos have you ran your truck on!

I dont recall what kinds for sure. One was a mustang 248. Its a portable unit that i have been on 4 or 5 times all over the state. I have been on Dave Smith Motors Dyno in Kellogg, Id and Shellys Performance in Spokane, Wa. I dont know what those were. I have also been on the local one here at Diesel Performance Unlimited.