truck width questions for sleddy?

He must have done a good job!!

Remember guys, if you cheat, be neat about it.

it doesnt take a rocket scientist to look at his truck and see it, or hell look underneath it and the bling will give it away....

no just stating facts. if I was bitter I would post pics of the truck and the name of the person.

just dissapointed the 2.6 class has gone this far, and yet still no water....lol

I think you guys are right, we need to change the track width rule.
Merry Christmas!!

just dissapointed the 2.6 class has gone this far, and yet still no water....lol

How far do you think it will go if we let water in?

Keep the water out and let the heros with Mod engines in the 2.6 class, smoke their pistons.

water does nothing but cool the motor, what are we going to make 20 extra hp... you guys act like we are spraying nitrous or something. yeah I have a mod engine in my 2.6 truck not hardly all the guys that have melted motors were they mod engines also...didnt think so. let the guys who havent melted motors on here jump on a say its about tuning when its all bull****. what tuning please explain to me tuning on a cr dodge pickup? the new standalone, go ahead a be a fool to buy it, pay 10k, I can do alot of what that standalone will do with a gear change in my truck. If you cant figure that out please dont post. everyone ranting about rpm's, change your gears...

also my point about water was a joke... hince the lol

My truck is only as far as it is becasue of rules... you cant win unless you push or break them. you made them not me. I would love to have a truck with a stock motor and a 64 with little to nothing done to it and win a ws or close to class.

also my point about water was a joke... hince the lol

My truck is only as far as it is becasue of rules... you cant win unless you push or break them. =

I saw the lol.

You can win without breaking the rules. You can win with out pushing the rules to the max. You can win without spending as much as the other guys.

Are you going to dominate? Doubtful.

Its either a can DO, attitude, or cannot do. What kind of competitor are you going to be?

There is only one thing I can guarantee, no matter what you do to a class, 2.6,2.5,2.4,2.3.. there will always be guys who spend more, and take it way more serious than most.

correct. I agree with that also, but water isnt going to hurt the sport, im sorry if I think my truck needs water, maybe I could detune it and make it not get as hot. I however feel that I need every hp to compete, actually truth be told Idk how much hp I need as I never got a good hook last year. 1 time it blew up, next time headgasket went, next time rearend broke, next time 3 inches of mud and didnt really move, next time headgasket. I had horrible luck, or maybe Im just pushing the envolope of headstuds, and other parts that shouldnt go that far. to say you dont have to cheat to win is a understatement, everyone that is winning is cheating in some way in the 2.6 class. you may not find it but its tradition. sled pulling is known for cheaters.

im sorry if I think my truck needs water, maybe I could detune it and make it not get as hot.
I however feel that I need every hp to compete, actually truth be told Idk how much hp I need as I never got a good hook last year.

1 time it blew up,
next time headgasket went,
next time rearend broke,
next time 3 inches of mud and didnt really move,
next time headgasket.
I had horrible luck, or maybe Im just pushing the envolope of headstuds, and other parts that shouldnt go that far.
to say you dont have to cheat to win is a understatement, everyone that is winning is cheating in some way in the 2.6 class. you may not find it but its tradition. sled pulling is known for cheaters.

Yes, I would say you have a few other issues(pushing the envelope of studs in the 2.6 class? WTH?) that need addressed before you concern yourself with water.

Guys, if you all KNOW the winners are cheating, put your money where your whine is, take up a collection, protest them, and we'll pick the truck apart.

Otherwise, its just the losers crying on the internet.

BTW, I was a non cheating winner- and loser.

I had horrible luck, or maybe Im just pushing the envolope of headstuds, and other parts that shouldnt go that far. to say you dont have to cheat to win is a understatement, everyone that is winning is cheating in some way in the 2.6 class. you may not find it but its tradition. sled pulling is known for cheaters.

I don't think that is a fair statement.

It is a bullchit statement.

I won a championship in 2007 and the truck was 100% legal.

If I'd known then what I know now, I'd have won every hook. But it's just history now, and a lot has changed.

It seems to me like the guys calling "cheater" all the time are guys who don't have any ideas left....they copied someone's "winning recipe" and it didn't turn out for them (i.e., didn't know what they were doing) so all they have left is to shout down the people who make it to the front via hard work and smarts.

If I knew for certain that someone was cheating against me, I'd be gathering the pictures and other proof and be collecting it for the day when I can put up the protest fee with confidence.

Plus it would be great for interwebby drama.

I will put up the money on june 5th if that truck shows up you best believe it.

as for cheating when you run a 2.8 turbo in a truck with a 2.6 bushing, and pull 2.6 then I call that cheating. even if the rules allow it. My cheating isnt defined as getting caught only taking advantage of rules in a class to allow your truck to jump down. thats bull****. you build a 2.8 truck pull 2.8 dont jump down becasue some moron promoter allowed a bushing.

as far as you guys saying your not cheating, ok.

I never cheated either.

If you want interweb drama I will post the pics of the truck? I dont know how fair it is to him though? He prob. wont even post in here.

worst part is this truck placed at some nadm events last year.

If he didn't beat Brandon, he couldn't be cheating very hard!!!LOL. So if a 2.6 truck beats the 2.8s, that would be cheating also?

Its nice to know we have different definitions of cheating.

Well, to be clear, NADM agrees with Daniel Websters definition:

This is official:

Main Entry: 1cheat
Pronunciation: \ˈchēt\
Function: verb
Etymology: 2cheat
Date: 1590
transitive verb

1 : to deprive of something valuable by the use of deceit or fraud
2 : to influence or lead by deceit, trick, or artifice
3 : to elude or thwart by or as if by outwitting <cheat death>intransitive verb 1 a : to practice fraud or trickery b : to violate rules dishonestly <cheat at cards> <cheating on a test>
2 : to be sexually unfaithful —usually used with on <was cheating on his wife>
3 : to position oneself defensively near a particular area in anticipation of a play in that area <the shortstop was cheating toward second base>

— cheat·er noun
synonyms cheat, cozen, defraud, swindle mean to get something by dishonesty or deception. cheat suggests using trickery that escapes observation <cheated me out of a dollar>. cozen implies artful persuading or flattering to attain a thing or a purpose <always able to cozen her grandfather out of a few dollars>. defraud stresses depriving one of his or her rights and usually connotes deliberate perversion of the truth <defrauded of her inheritance by an unscrupulous lawyer>. swindle implies large-scale cheating by misrepresentation or abuse of confidence <swindled of their savings by con artists>

as for cheating when you run a 2.8 turbo in a truck with a 2.6 bushing, and pull 2.6 then I call that cheating. even if the rules allow it. My cheating isnt defined as getting caught only taking advantage of rules in a class to allow your truck to jump down. thats bull****. you build a 2.8 truck pull 2.8 dont jump down becasue some moron promoter allowed a bushing.

WTF?

If you're morally outraged with the rules, take it up with promoters and sanctioning bodies and leave your fellow competitors alone!

I even agree with you on the turbo rules and how that's handled. If you go back, you can see dozens of my posts on the matter arguing why these wide-open rules are bad for the class, but in the end, no changes were made, so it is what it is. Suck it up and move on.

OK, how about you post the pics of the truck that's cheating. Maybe just crop it to show whatever parts you think are wrong/illegal. Thn let everyone here put their 2 cents in.

Several years ago I and a buddy had our trucks measured by Gene so he would know exactly what they were supposed to be, and IIRC they corrected someone who had done what you're saying (not from Ohio though). They moved the fenderwell rear spacing of a short bed truck onto a long bed truck. It was easy to notice that something was different about the truck, but putting your finger on what exactly was wrong, wasn't.

Do a "I report, you decide" kind of thing.

2009 nadm rule book for 2.6 class, please read last sentence.

2.6 Street Diesel
The Street Diesel (SD) class is designed for streetable pickup trucks with a wide variety of
performance upgrades. Valid DOT registration and license plates are mandatory. The vehicle may
be two or four-wheel drive.
Designations: 2.6 SD
Weight: 8000 lbs. Maximum, with driver.
REGULATIONS:
Ballast: Ballast is permitted. Hanging weights may not extend more than 60 inches from the
centerline of the front axle.
NADM Official Sled Pulling Rules
Copyright 2009© Do not copy or change
National Association of Diesel Motorsports without permission
Batteries: The batteries must be securely mounted. They may not be located in the driver
compartment or forward of the radiator core support.
Body: The body must be an OEM truck body, including the full bed floor. The body must retain
full sheet metal. Metal aftermarket hoods are permitted. Fiberglass is prohibited. The hood must
be closed and securely latched while the vehicle is hooked to the sled. The complete OEM
firewall and complete OEM floor pan is mandatory
Brakes: Four-wheel hydraulic brakes are mandatory.
Chassis: The OEM chassis is mandatory. The engine must be in the OEM location for the body
used. The vehicle must retain the full OEM chassis. Wheel tubs, back-half conversions, tube
chassis, etc., are prohibited.
Cooling System: Radiators must be in the vicinity of the stock location and be of at least stock
size.
Credentials: All drivers must have a valid state drivers license.
Driveline: An OEM transmission and transfer case is mandatory. They must have been an option
on a one-ton or smaller pickup.
Driver Restraint System: The OEM restraint system is mandatory and must be worn.
Driveshaft Loops: All trucks must have at least six inch wide u-joint shields around the rear ujoint
constructed of at least _ inch steel or 3/8 inch aluminum that will safely contain the u-joint
and the end of the rear shaft. All shields must be securely mounted to the vehicle. Any front shaft
u-joint that is visible from the side of the truck must be shielded to contain the u-joint and the end
of the shaft. A new puller will be granted a
one-time waiver of this requirement.
Engine: The engine block must have been available as a factory option on a one-ton or smaller
pickup truck. Blocks must circulate coolant freely. Water pumps must be present, but may be
powered electrically The use of concrete or other block fillers is prohibited. All factory beltdriven
accessories, excluding the air conditioning compressor, must be retained and powered via
the crankshaft by a standard serpentine or ‘V’ belt. Electric fans are permitted. Aftermarket
radiator assemblies are permitted, but must be securely mounted in the same general area as the
OEM unit. NITROUS OXIDE is prohibited along with other oxygen extenders and the use
of PROPANE is also prohibited. All system components MUST be removed from the truck.
Exhaust: All vehicles must be equipped to direct exhaust upward. The exhaust must exit
rearward of the driver’s compartment. Stacks exiting through the hood or fender-well
are prohibited. Two 3/8 inch diameter bolts must be installed through the exhaust pipe in a cross
pattern within one inch of each other as close to the turbo as is practical.
Fire Extinguisher System: A fire extinguisher system is permitted. It must be securely mounted.
Fuel: The fuel must be pump #1/#2 diesel only. Soy/Bio-diesel fuel is permitted. Off-road diesel
fuel is prohibited.
Fuel Injection Pump: The fuel injection pump is limited to a stock-appearing, OEM engine
make-specific pump only. Dual high-pressure common-rail fuel pumps or HPOPs are permitted.
The P7100 injection pump, if equipped, must utilize a stock-appearing governor.
Harmonic Balancer: All engines turning 4500 RPM and higher must be equipped with a
harmonic balancer or damper meeting SFI Spec 18.1.
Hitch: The hitch must be a receiver-style hitch; reinforcements are permitted. Reinforcements
must not extend forward of the centerline of the rear axle. Trick hitches are prohibited. The
hooking point must be the rear-most point on the vehicle
and must be rearward of the stock location of the tailgate. The hitch must be horizontal to the
ground and stationary in all directions. Bumpers may be notched or removed. The hitch’s height
from the ground may not exceed 26 inches on 4wd units and 30 inches on 2wd units. The
hooking point must have a minimum 3.750-inch inside diameter opening for the sled hook.
The hooking point will be measured to the center of the clevis loop.
Interior: A complete interior, including dashboard, door panels, headliner, etc., is mandatory.
Two matching front seats are mandatory. Aftermarket seats are permitted; they must be fully
upholstered. All factory controls (lights, signals, horn, windows,
wipers, etc.) must be retained and be operative. The use of hand-throttle controls are
prohibited.
Rear End: Non-OEM rear-end housings are prohibited. The rear end must have been an option
on a one-ton or smaller pick up. Rear axle bolts must be covered by a cap or shield.
Steering: The vehicle must retain the full, original OEM steering gear. The vehicle must retain
the original OEM power steering assistance, if it was so equipped. Additional stabilizers are
permitted. Non-OEM power assist methods are prohibited.
Street Equipment: Complete headlight and taillight assemblies (all) are mandatory and must be
operative. Complete OEM windshield and windows are mandatory. Windows must be operative
per factory specifications; that is, they must open and close via OEM electrical or mechanical
means.
Suspension, Front: The factory suspension configuration must be retained. The upper mounting
point for strut assemblies must be in the factory location. Adjustable caster/camber pillow ball
mounts are permitted. The lower control arm may be strengthened provided factory-mounting
points to chassis are maintained. The lower mounting point for the strut assembly may be
modified for improved caster or camber.
Strut tower braces, lower tie bars, sway bars, and limit straps are permitted. Traction bars and
devices are permitted. The final decision rests with the NADM Technical Department.
Suspension, Rear: An OEM-style suspension is mandatory. Traction bars and devices are
permitted; they must be bolt on only; welds are permitted for attachment to frame or axle
housing. Control arms may be strengthened or replaced, provided all original mounting points are
retained. Strut tower braces, lower tie bars, sway bars, limit straps, and camber kits are permitted.
The rear suspension may be bolted solid to eliminate travel. All rear suspensions must use at
least one working shock absorber per wheel.
Tires: The tires must be DOT street tires. Cut tires are prohibited.
Tow Vehicles: Tow vehicles are prohibited.
Transfer Case: Non-OEM transfer cases are prohibited. It must have been an option on a one-ton
or smaller pick up truck.
Transmission, Automatic: Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited. Aftermarket torque
converters, valve bodies and internal components are permitted. Transmission brakes
are prohibited. Any non-OEM floor-mounted automatic transmission shifter must be equipped
with a spring-loaded positive reverse lockout device to prevent the shifter from
accidentally being put into reverse gear. A functional neutral safety switch is mandatory. All
transmission lines must be metallic or high-pressure-type hose. All vehicles with
engines running 4500 RPM or more and using an automatic transmission must be equipped
with a transmission shield meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and must be labeled accordingly. A
blanket-type shield is permitted; it must be appropriately labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1
and it must extend from the rear of the block to the front of tail housing with a minimum six-inch
overlap where it is fastened. All non-blanket-type
shields must incorporate two (or one, per manufacturers instructions) 3/4 inch by 1/8 inch straps
that bolt to the shield on each side and pass under the transmission pan unless the transmission
pan is labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1. All vehicles with engines running 4500 RPM or more
and using an automatic transmission must be equipped with a flex plate meeting SFI Spec
29.1 and be covered by a flex plate shield meeting SFI Spec 30.1.
Transmission, Manual: Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited. Aftermarket internal
components are permitted. A clutch meeting minimum SFI Spec 1.1 or 1.2 is mandatory on
all vehicles with engines running 4500 RPM or more. All manual transmissions must be clutch
assisted. Sequential shifters are prohibited. All vehicles with engines running 4500 RPM or
more and equipped with a manual transmission must have a flywheel shield labeled as
meeting minimum SFI Spec 6.3 or greater. Applications for which an SFI Spec flywheel
shield is not available may use a properly attached SFI 4.1 or 4.2 blanket that completely
covers the bell housing; it must be attached to the block and extend rearward to the transmission
with a minimum six inch overlap where it is fastened.
Turbocharger: The vehicle is limited to a single turbocharger; the inducer bore on the
compressor housing may be 2.6”. The inlet will be measured using a 2.65-inch plug or internal
calipers. Bushing from any larger turbo size down to a 2.6 turbo is PROHIBITED. A stock
map width enhancement (MWE) groove is allowed. No MWE groove will be allowed that has a
width greater than 1/4 inch. All provisions allowing air to the wheel other than via the bore and
the MWE groove are prohibited. 6.4 liter Powerstroke engines may utilize the factory twin-turbo
configuration.
Water Injection: Water injection is prohibited. All system components must be removed from
the truck.
Wheelbase: The vehicle must retain the original unaltered factory wheelbase and track width.
Front dual-wheel spacers may be used only with accompanying positive-offset dually style
wheels.

NOW YOU BE THE JUDGE, IM NOT SAYING NAMES ONLY PICTURE OF TRUCK

MY POINT? I HAVE OVER 10 PEOPLE ON HERE THAT HAVE PM'D ME ABOUT THIS TRUCK THEY SEE I HOPE YOU DO TO. AXLES IS PUSHED BACK, WHY DONT I JUST PUT MY HITCH 3-4 INCHES UNDER MY TRUCK.

MERRY CRISTMAS.:eek:wned:

Attachments

• EVAN.jpg
    EVAN.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 116
  • EVAN2.jpg
    EVAN2.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Sadly that isn't the only truck that I know of that has done that.

I dunno....guess I'll have to dig up some pics of an excab longbed to compare.

BTW you managed to post the name in the pics...what you said you wouldn't do.