Truckers, lets see your rigs!

May as well post pictures of my new to me ride. 2000 wiener star with a 6NZ and a 13spd. Running a stage 1 PDI turbo with marine cam and supposedly the 800hp marine injectors. No tuning yet cause the guy wants to break in the motor first.

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTMwOTA5LTAwMDI4LmpwZw_zps4e7955ca.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTMwOTE4LTAwMDQ3LmpwZw_zps51f9d8c9.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTMwOTEwLTAwMDMwLmpwZw_zps28dbd776.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTMwOTExLTAwMDMyLmpwZw_zps01a2d2b4.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTMwOTEyLTAwMDM0LmpwZw_zps54de466f.jpg

I just hope, for my bosses sake, fuel mileage improves. Outta the last 5k miles I only had one load I was grossing 80k for about 800 miles, everything else has been mid to high 60k and it still only averaged 5.7.

Holy chit you joined the Western Star cult! Good thing about them if you ever need to work on the transmission you can crawl under the cab and sit on top of it. They have enough room between the cab/frame to host a dinner for 4! Lol

I just hope, for my bosses sake, fuel mileage improves. Outta the last 5k miles I only had one load I was grossing 80k for about 800 miles, everything else has been mid to high 60k and it still only averaged 5.7.

Guy here has a matched set of 58 injectors, 800hp cam, same PDI nozzle ring turbo yours has and a tuned ECM and he just averaged 7.5mpg in a 379 hauling Caterpillar parts in a dry van. Proof you can have 800+ hp and still get fuel mileage.

I don't live by that motto. You can make money and work for a real prick and that's no bueno to me. I have my own truck here, my boss is a good guy and truly doesn't act like he's anymore than a friend. He keeps up the maintenance on out stuff without hounding on him. I like working for him and I don't know if I get paid decent or not but I like it here so I just don't think I'll be leaving for that job. It's only 25% of what the truck makes which doesn't sound like anymore than I make. I do put in several hours a day/week to make what I do but it's not that bad.
In the driving world (I'm new, 22 yrs old) I don't think following money is a good decision. You get a record of jumping jobs as then I think you'd be hard to hire. I know I would be hesitant to hire someone who has been driving for lots of people in a short time.
I think I'm just gonna hold out till I can buy my own truck.

I'm not saying leave to make a nickel more. If it's enough to make the difference between barely scraping buy to being able to afford a nice dinner out every once in a while would be something to leave for in my opinion. Just my .02

We'll I made my decision... I've taken the new job. I had pretty well told myself I wasn't gonna do it but I feel after talking with him, it's what is better for me in the long run. I don't like jumping jobs and I like the guy I work for. Just gotta better myself I guess.

With that being said, to get my mind off feeling like a dick for leaving. Here is my new ride in two weeks.
y3esugav.jpg

Nice job Rick......now you made me dig through pictures......
93 379 exhd with a 425 cat that was.......a bit more than 425hp :D
ny6ary9y.jpg

My lowboy with a 300 komatsu on it
3uhemuse.jpg

We had to improvise......I left the guys to figure out how to get a 320 cat to the shop while I was off somewhere with the lowboy......I received this picture
u4e6ezu4.jpg

It's nice. Certainly cleaner than my black truck. I'm not real thrilled with switching but it's for the better I feel.

What are you going to be hauling with them? Rock, dirt, sand and other things in that line?

theres an 03 KW W900L with a 6NZ 13speed for sale less then 30 minutes away. I wish i was in the market to buy one id have it. I would have bought it before this pete if I knew about it. Oh well thats how it goes

We'll I made my decision... I've taken the new job. I had pretty well told myself I wasn't gonna do it but I feel after talking with him, it's what is better for me in the long run. I don't like jumping jobs and I like the guy I work for. Just gotta better myself I guess.

With that being said, to get my mind off feeling like a dick for leaving. Here is my new ride in two weeks.
y3esugav.jpg

Holy crap Rick! Do something about those wheels when you get there! Of the 5 outside wheels on the passenger side, there are at least 4 different wheels!

Holy crap Rick! Do something about those wheels when you get there! Of the 5 outside wheels on the passenger side, there are at least 4 different wheels!

He's working on it... My biggest issue that makes me even forget about the wheels is the bumper is F'd! That and I'm gonna die without a visor.

The trucks only been put together under his ownership for 2 weeks or so. It's a work in progress.

Last edited:
It's got potential man, might be that you can remove both sides and do a little pairing of wheels. Wasn't nit-pickin it, just my OCD observation!

Back