Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Since we are talking about wrecks, please also make sure you stop at railroad crossings and make sure trains aren't coming and please for the love of God don't try and beat the train. I'm a locomotive engineer and 4 days ago the train ahead of me had a truck try and beat them and they hit him at 45mph, last I knew the guy was in really bad shape. I can speak from experience its not fun to hit someone whether you end up killing them or just really hurting them. I can tell you everyone I have come close to hitting or have hit I can remember the last look on their face.

I thought they trained you guys to clamp everything down and cover your asses. People end up with PTSD from seeing that kind of stuff. I lived between two crossings of Norfolk Southern. Damnedest thing but physics put the engines in front of the house when they stopped. Sometimes the vehicles would roll off, sometimes they would hang.

From my Not-So-Smart phone

I worked at cat and built the 3600s they are impressive. We had a 16 cylinder front mount turbo with the big napier turbos on it make over 9000 hp and 50,000 lb ft of torque at 950 rpm. They don't make that much usually but it was getting having some programming issues and dumping fuel early. They use 300+ gallons per hour under load.

Show off.

Electronic you say? These were rack and governor systems. I put Woodward electronic governors on. They sat on 950 too. I could only imagine the ground shaking under 9000hp.

It's one of those things you just can't look away from a train wreck. Hence the saying lol

I just about killed a 6 year old kid who was playing on the tracks last year. He lived right next to the tracks and he waited till I was about 100 feet from him (I had already put the train in emergency and was slowing down) then stepped outside the tracks and threw a hand full of rocks at us. Worst part was his parents were outside. If I would have went back there chances are I would have been hauled off by the shariff. I had never been so pissed. I can still remember the exact look on the kids face when we went by

je4umage.jpg

A buddies of mine rig. Don't know the details about it but it's a sexy ride

The boss picked up a new truck for the fleet.
IMG_0333.jpg

6nz with a brakesaver, which is pretty sweet. Its getting a pdi stage 1 tune today. I like the simple look, just needs some 7" stacks.

It's one of those things you just can't look away from a train wreck. Hence the saying lol

I just about killed a 6 year old kid who was playing on the tracks last year. He lived right next to the tracks and he waited till I was about 100 feet from him (I had already put the train in emergency and was slowing down) then stepped outside the tracks and threw a hand full of rocks at us. Worst part was his parents were outside. If I would have went back there chances are I would have been hauled off by the shariff. I had never been so pissed. I can still remember the exact look on the kids face when we went by

I see kids playing in the street all the time, they usually wait until I've almost stopped to get out. I can only imagine that their parents have told them that people have to stop for them and totally ignore the physics part.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

There are a lot of parents these days I just can't understand. Bunch of idiots

Anyhow sorry for the derail. Just felt id share my story

The only modern engines I hve seen that are white are ther high performance marine engines, everything else is yellow including the marine engines for commercial use. I don't think CAT has used white outside the boats since the mid 80's when they were painting KW and Peterbilt engines white.

Well we've got a 4710B grinder as well. It's got a C16 in it that's painted white.

One of our powertrains

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382104971053.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382104971053.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 0
I'm not a trucker, but this is one of the nice trucks running around here.

DFF5AE8B.jpg

A368B6FF.jpg

Sounds pretty good to.
[ame]http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff381/Newdieselguy/Snapbucket/Picture052.mp4[/ame]

Last edited: