Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I wish their was a fix for a freakin PEEC cmodel other than a full mechanical.

They replaced the #1 and #2 solenoids I believe. I haven't picked it up yet but it only took them about an hour to fix it

I may not have been too far off than.

Rada, IVA's are variable valve technology used to meet emissions

From my Not-So-Smart phone

Purchased a new to the farm truck a few weeks ago. Thought I would share the progress. The guy we bought it from had receipts from PDI for the rebuild 400,000 miles ago. No dyno sheets, but he claimed 650hp. I don't know if it has that, but it has a big fawking charger hanging off the side of it.

Anyways, the details:
1996 379 Pete glider
1993 Mechanical N-14
Eaton 15 speed double over
No jakes
Clean interior

Some pics of what I have been doing to it the last week. We ordered a 40ft Stoughton hopper bottom last week that should be here in a few days.

View attachment 47216

View attachment 47217

View attachment 47218

View attachment 47219[/ATTACH]

It'll be a nice truck. But help me understand why in the world y'all would purposely buy a truck w/o jakes on it.

Ok I'm about to start upgrading and adding to my lighting on my hotshot rig.
For starters the trailer needs LED upgrade sooo....

I need 10 2" ambers
7 2" reds
4 6.5" oval reds

who has the best prices on quality lights?

1391970_649350385097059_22157175_n.jpg

Last edited:
It'll be a nice truck. But help me understand why in the world y'all would purposely buy a truck w/o jakes on it.
It was the only one around with a documented overhaul, within our area, and in our budget. I can get the whole 440/440A Jake kit for around 1200 bucks. I figure knowing the engine has been gone through is worth more than 1200 dollars to me. Jakes are an easy install.

If some one claims recent overhaul and doesn't have the work order to prove it, I assume it wasn't done.

So anyone that takes the time to do their own work couldn't sell you a truck because they don't have a paper that says some parts changer has had his fingers in the engine.

Last edited:
I wouldn't trust the average shadetree mechanic saying proudly that he did an inframe.......lol.

When I worked as a mechanic for a construction outfit, I did an inframe on my heavy haul truck and I kept all the receipts for the parts I bought and I wrote up a work order and all that stuff, so there's no reason to not have any paperwork on a rebuild, even if you do it yourself

Last edited:
So anyone that takes the time to do their own work couldn't sell you a truck because they don't have a paper that says some parts changer has had his gingers in the engine.

It is all in the proof. I'm not taking anyone's word for anything unless I know them personally. Would you pay me more money because I said the engine had a rebuild x number of miles ago without any proof?

You said work order, not receipts. I can provide receipts for the last three engines I have I framed for myself but why would I write a work order up for myself.

You guys complain about shade tree mechanics yet they are the one that still now how to check a block for fretting and the ones that did that engine obviously don't understand what causes it or that engine wouldn't be over 550hp.

I said work order because that was what was handed to me when the truck was purchased. The W900 I have came with a binder full of receipts, I accepted that at the time as well. I do all my own work, and never did I say that I look down on anyone else that does. Besides, all rebuilds are parts changing. Not really reinventing the wheel as you go through, check clearances, wear limits, and throw a kit back in it.