Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I'm in a quandary, I like the turnout, boss likes the flat top. Haha

I'm more of a flat top/miter guy but the turnouts sure make less of a mess.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

u2usy3yz.jpg
sutetumu.jpg
ana3ahen.jpg

So I had a fun time last night...

No I'm actually working for my old boss driving my old truck for a week or so while we are slow.
gyqa6ame.jpg

Oh and I'll be hauling chicken litter.

Much jealous! Wanted to do nothing but drive for a living, no one else in my family wanted me to. Esp my ol man who does it for a living.

Much jealous! Wanted to do nothing but drive for a living, no one else in my family wanted me to. Esp my ol man who does it for a living.

I don't drive over the road... Not saying I couldn't, but I don't want to. Your not jealous of my job I'm doing now, it's dirty and sucks. The truck is a nasty mess.

Driving is a way of life so to speak to me. Nobody in my family has been around trucks and a lot of people tried to talk me out of getting into it. I just couldn't stay away. I love trucks... I love driving... I'm only 22 and the day I have to start driving trucks with no hoods, and def and stuff, I'll get out. I love old trucks, I like that old school stuff. Talk to Taylor, and the others here that are actually considered truck drivers and not me though. I'd imagine to most I'm not considered a truck driver.

Ask anything you want, I did OTR for three years and there are huge plusses and minuses to it.

Plusses:
I traveled all over 12 states and four Canadian provinces and saw a lot of country most people will never see.

The freedom of the road is nothing like a 9-5 daily grind.

There's nothing quite like rolling through a small town on a summer night in a lit up large car and having tons of kids wanting you to honk your horn. Haha

I met a lot of different people in my OTR time, made a lot of great friends too.

Minuses:
You will miss out on family events, its even worse if you have kids.

You will miss anniversaries, birthdays, some holidays, etc etc

You will have to drive long hours on bad roads or fight bad conditions to deliver loads on time.

You will have to live off chitty truck stop food.

DOT regulations......'nuff said on that.

Pay sucks for the hours you put in.

Getting sick on the road is one of the worst things I've ever had to deal with.

Having a relationship over the phone for weeks on end gets tough.

There's a lot more to both sides of the coin, but that's my insight into the matter.

Last edited:
There's guys on here who have been on the road longer than I've been alive haha

Oh I know I just know you have always given both the pros and cons and not made it out to be horrible or all roses and sweet massages with happy ending.

No joke about getting sick, I got the flu once out in the desert in NV. I was sick for 2 days with no phone service, by the time I got to where I had service people were ready to send out a search party lol.
Little things like that picture I posted earlier, that happened at 10 last night, no service and nobody around. Had to get the wheels off and on the truck to keep moving.

I just made a run out to McCoy Colorado and can say you wouldn't want to break down out there. No service for a good 30 to 50 miles any direction. I will say the mountain passes are the real deal. I somehow bent the sh!t out of the hook thing on my tire chains and after messing with it for 2 hours on the side if the road I said screw it and went no chains to the Eisenhour tunnel. I didn't slip a tire but that's a good climb at 80k.

I just made a run out to McCoy Colorado and can say you wouldn't want to break down out there. No service for a good 30 to 50 miles any direction. I will say the mountain passes are the real deal. I somehow bent the sh!t out of the hook thing on my tire chains and after messing with it for 2 hours on the side if the road I said screw it and went no chains to the Eisenhour tunnel. I didn't slip a tire but that's a good climb at 80k.

Hmm...try Three Forks, Montana. Broke down there for three days, only two "restaurants" in the whole town that was about three blocks long.

But three forks has a strip club. Haha. There a really good cafe by the pilot truck stop if you ever end up there again