Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I just don't like that feeling of helplessness if one goes. Most of these big companies won't even let the driver change a marker light, so I guess it really doesn't affect them much. Even when I drove somebody else's truck, I liked feeling self - sufficient.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

They have there place. OTR that pull vans or tankers they work good if you are trying to be at 80k. They help your fuel mileage and are quite a bit lighter and if maintained will last a long time. I would not run them in my application because I'm off road, heavy and deal with snow (lake effect in michigan). I think they are great if used in the proper application but they are not for everybody.

You pull end dump, correct? Back when my dad drove he them on his truck and trailer. Grossed 96k with an ag exemption permit and he loved them. But then again my dad is kind of goofy. I do remember him saying he'd get stuck slightly quicker in mud but you didn't sink as far. Left less of a rut when dumping out in the field or pasture.

As was already mentioned, if you run a van or something and aren't running over 80k they're probably not too bad. Those mother F'ers are like trying to control a hockey puck when it gets slick though, I took a set of hoppers with super singles from pocatello to the rexburg shop (70 miles) on slick roads and swore I'd never touch a trailer with those damned things again. Haha. I'm sure they have their advantages, but for the type of work I did/am doing, they're way more of an accident waiting to happen than an advantage.

I got a whole book of really nice trucks in the mail. :D

40 Ton rotator anyone?

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1193[1].jpg
    IMG_1193[1].jpg
    61 KB · Views: 0
You done hauling chicken chit Rick. Looks like your back in your dumper.

Yes sir. Yesterday was the first day we got to haul. Hauled about 200 tons of base rock. Today I shoulda passed 200 but didn't add my totals up at the end of the day.

Ok fools... Poll time. We are putting a 14" bowtie visor on my truck. Should we go painted or stainless?
My truck
vanudesy.jpg

yha7a5ez.jpg

My truck with a makeshift paper towel visor.
uhu9uha5.jpg

A picture of the visor on a truck, or at least close to the same visor.
pe6ydy5a.jpg

I like the visor that's in the last picture. Should look good on your truck. Keep it chrome, won't have to worry about paint chips that way.

I think I'm just gonna go with my gut instinct... I want paint. Lol

You pull end dump, correct? Back when my dad drove he them on his truck and trailer. Grossed 96k with an ag exemption permit and he loved them. But then again my dad is kind of goofy. I do remember him saying he'd get stuck slightly quicker in mud but you didn't sink as far. Left less of a rut when dumping out in the field or pasture.

I actually had a set of the michelin aggressive super singles on a stone slinger and loved them. That truck seen mud every day. The biggest thing was the ,ore payload and only had 4 tires to check and the cleanup was way better from the mud. It didnt leave big clumps I had to sweep up. It had recaps on it before that I blew all the time but I never blew a super single. We were allowed 73000 on a quad axle and you picked the tags up when going slow or backing up so the tires had a lot of weight on them. I've thought about getting some but I have good tires now so no use in buying them. I'd love to be able to haul 26 tons legally.

Any update on your ole peach?

It's a shame that rotator is a short hood.

From the way they talk, I think they may start on it this year. I hope it shows up in a calendar in the next few years. I can't wait to see it all done up in Red/Black in Ernie's fashion. Those guys really know how to dress up a truck and not make it gawdy.

From the way they talk, I think they may start on it this year. I hope it shows up in a calendar in the next few years. I can't wait to see it all done up in Red/Black in Ernie's fashion. Those guys really know how to dress up a truck and not make it gawdy.

What do you have?

What do you have?

I sold Ernie's the wrecker I got from my Father when he retired from the towing side of things. They were looking for a Holmes 600 to make into a show truck. I obliged them. They came to visit me with a lowboy. :D

attachment.php

This is not a rolled back, replaced, or modified in anyway odometer either. Flat spots on the tires were a common occurrence.

attachment.php

Attachments

• moto_0532.jpg
    moto_0532.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6194.jpg
    IMG_6194.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 0