Truckers, lets see your rigs!

For that price it would be hard for me to walk away though......10 speed or not

well that's what I thought too.. I figured id try and get it for 17k and go from there. hardest part for me is only being 22 years old trying to find someone to lease on with. cuz our farm only pulls hoppers in the fall for people right now. cant seem to locate anyone that wants to lease anybody on.

If everything goes as planned.....I'll be going from a W900 with a c-15 to an ol 359 with a 400hp BC3 haha. Can those be turned up to 475-500hp and still be reliable?? Obviously I'll need to fit a charge air cooler in there as well

A/w is fine unless you're really pushing it. Everybody is down on them right now but Pitts power can get a cummins to run and stay together.
pu7aqyje.jpg

This truck has a 700hp tt motor built with Bruce s parts, he heavy hauls with it. It was his only truck for a long time so it ran a lot, he has a log truck now so it hasn't been getting the miles it used to.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
BTW, what pump does those US E9s have ? I think that 560 Euro2 has EDC P-pump but I have heard Mack used some other pumps also.

A good friend of ours has an E9 and his had a V8 pump on it originally. I don't remember the manufacture of the pump though. But he now has a Bosch inline p-pump on it.

I know the E6 and E7 Macks came from the factory with a p-pump, but I'm not sure if the E9s ever did.

BTW, what pump does those US E9s have ? I think that 560 Euro2 has EDC P-pump but I have heard Mack used some other pumps also.

I know that at some point in time they switched to the p-pump, and then eventually to the electronically controlled p-pump which is probably similar to what you are talking about. They never really pushed the envelope on technology as the phased the engine out when they got the E7 up to 460hp.

A/w is fine unless you're really pushing it. Everybody is down on them right now but Pitts power can get a cummins to run and stay together.
pu7aqyje.jpg

This truck has a 700hp tt motor built with Bruce s parts, he heavy hauls with it. It was his only truck for a long time so it ran a lot, he has a log truck now so it hasn't been getting the miles it used to.

There is a lot I have learned in the last year or so that they don't mention, and I had to talk to a good injector shop to learn it. Their philosophy of retarded timing goes against what everyone knows works for other engines and what they suggest doing leads to some of the issues that make you not able to make one live without retarding the timing.

There is a lot I have learned in the last year or so that they don't mention, and I had to talk to a good injector shop to learn it. Their philosophy of retarded timing goes against what everyone knows works for other engines and what they suggest doing leads to some of the issues that make you not able to make one live without retarding the timing.

It never made sense to me either, other than cummins heads don't like to stay bolted to the engine. I have been around a few of Bruce ' s motors and they have ran good.

I run 40-45psi of boost and I'm adding more fuel this week, we will see how the gaskets hold up, but I am running stock timing for a 400, you just can't pull them down to 1500rpm and expect them to live.

With them suggesting an 1 1/4" pump all the time that is capable of making full pressure a 1400rpm this helps lead to the burnt up parts that seem to happen with stock timing.

Then it's not a 400, a non aftercooled cummins won't be rated for over 300hp. I think the guy selling is full of crap.

I haven't seen any pictures of what's under the hood, its 3 hours away from my house and I'm 10 hours away from there right now, my plan was to go look at it next week once I got home, so what does this truck need to have to identify it as a 400? Pictures would also help

Upon googling it.....it appears I made a mistake here, the turbo discharge goes up and over the center rocker box and into what I assumed was just a manifold.....i see that those have water lines running into them......now I know.

Any cummins numbers need ran just let me know and I can tell you exactly what it is

Any cummins numbers need ran just let me know and I can tell you exactly what it is

Much appreciated. I'll see if I can get some numbers from the owner, he's owned trucks since the 70's so I'm sure he knows what he's selling but it would satisfy my curiosity

I had no idea those were an A/W charge air cooler. Good to know!