Truckers, lets see your rigs!

ede7eben.jpg
ry4a6u9y.jpg

Came by work today

Squeaky Wheel

I don't think you will find one like that for an A model cab. I know a lot of people don't care but the way the dot is getting that's just another thin for them to go after, something about that the visor must not be lower than the highest point of the windshield wiper travel, I believe that's what the Texas dot guy told my old man.

Anybody know where that truck of pakmans went now that he is running a pete.

I imagine equipment express still has it. I don't know why you'd ever get rid of a truck like that

Pretty sure 4states truck will custom build visors

F 4 states. Get ahold of Chase Shiver. I can say that because I live by 4states.

I don't think you will find one like that for an A model cab. I know a lot of people don't care but the way the dot is getting that's just another thin for them to go after, something about that the visor must not be lower than the highest point of the windshield wiper travel, I believe that's what the Texas dot guy told my old man.

Anybody know where that truck of pakmans went now that he is running a pete.

I imagine equipment express still has it. I don't know why you'd ever get rid of a truck like that

"Funny money" is still with equipment express. Just has a different driver.

Signed the papers on her today, picking it up next week..... 1984 359 119".....400 big cam, 15 speed, 4.11 rears on tall 24's. Double framed from the cab back, and a Chalmers pad suspension. Picked it up for 10k. She needs some attention cosmetically but its a solid truck and it runs out well.
asesygyb.jpg

Last edited:
Signed the papers on her today, picking it up next week..... 1984 359 119".....400 big cam, 15 speed, 4.11 rears on tall 24's. Double framed from the cab back, and a Chalmers pad suspension. Picked it up for 10k. She needs some attention cosmetically but its a solid truck and it runs out well.
asesygyb.jpg

Thanks for telling me!!! Glad to see you in a Peterbilt. Especially a 359.

It won't be long and you will be looking into putting the unibilt opening in her to give you some leg room. Glad you found a good old truck.

Surprisingly the legroom in it is not bad, what sucks is that suspension haha. Maybe someday I'll put a flexair or something under it.

Surprisingly the legroom in it is not bad, what sucks is that suspension haha. Maybe someday I'll put a flexair or something under it.

Yea a non air ride suspension truck woulda been a no go for me...

Yea a non air ride suspension truck woulda been a no go for me...

I've spent a fair amount of time in trucks with Hendrickson walking beam, reyco spring, and Chalmers pad suspensions, air ride is nice yes, but as long as the truck makes money in don't care too much what suspension its got under it

Not been around many of the chalmers suspensions, but I don't think it will be nearly as harsh as a walking beam.

Not been around many of the chalmers suspensions, but I don't think it will be nearly as harsh as a walking beam.

Drove a 2008 389 with Chalmers and it wasn't bad. Of course it had an air ride cab too. Drove a 2006 W9 with 52k Hendrickson spring and it was the same. Solid cab and I bet you would piss blood without 60k on the drives.

I'm 6'2" and I feel way more comfortable in my 359 than I do in a unibilt truck. Personally, I'd never do flex air, too many moving parts.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm 6'2" and I feel way more comfortable in my 359 than I do in a unibilt truck. Personally, I'd never do flex air, too many moving parts.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Same here, I thought I'd be squished in pretty good but it wasn't too bad really. I guess I could do the good ol' Pete airleaf on it

Back