Truckers, lets see your rigs!

7F373700-2662-44CA-8306-565B074B11B4_zpsizu9gtu7.jpg

Did it get a bath?

Looking good! I might have to make a trip to Ohio with my buffer and polish out your K100 and this. Both would polish out great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know why people make such a big deal about things like brand. Everything breaks. Everything.

Doing firering updates on a 12v4000 MTU on a Halliburton fracker.
4000headjob1.jpg

Overhauling one of the same.
IMG00717-20100115-0932.jpg

Torquing mains. That was always my favorite part of the 4000 MTUs. Stud stretch nut torque.

IMG00800-20100218-0700.jpg

I worked at cat in Lafayette Indiana and built 3600 series engines. The heads and mains are stretch torqued like that. You just use a little pick to run them down and let tension off then reapply and you'll get another half turn or so. The impressive part is a rod and piston weighs like 350 pounds in them

Did it get a bath?

Looking good! I might have to make a trip to Ohio with my buffer and polish out your K100 and this. Both would polish out great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not yet, still working on getting things finished up, got to find a throttle pedal before I do much of anything so I can build the linkage.

I have seen them before, I do believe it was an option as there are even KW cabovers with single round headlamps.

Near Lancaster, OH there is house with a few cabover Kenworths sitting in weeds. Maybe I need to stop and see what the story is for you guys.

I'd love to come across a nice old truck. There are a few White Road Boss trucks around here, but one's been sitting a long time and the other has a Formula 300 and a 7 speed. I was told neither was desirable.

Last edited:
I know where there's a fairly decent KW W900A for sale. Flat top sleeper longer WB don't know any details I just see it from the rd but it has a small for sale sign on it . It's down by loogootee Indiana

I know where there's a fairly decent KW W900A for sale. Flat top sleeper longer WB don't know any details I just see it from the rd but it has a small for sale sign on it . It's down by loogootee Indiana

I'm interested if you can come up with some more information. Thanks!

Just thought I would throw this out here.
I have a O/O that works for me that runs a 05 International 9900 with a 500hp ISX in it, he is barely getting 5mpg with the truck. This is not a tank to tank avg, this is per IFTA quarterly reports. He is a experienced driver that only runs 65 mph tops and the truck also has a APU, so I don't think idleing is a factor. The truck has been through a couple shops and it has nothing for fault codes. Any ideas?

Just thought I would throw this out here.
I have a O/O that works for me that runs a 05 International 9900 with a 500hp ISX in it, he is barely getting 5mpg with the truck. This is not a tank to tank avg, this is per IFTA quarterly reports. He is a experienced driver that only runs 65 mph tops and the truck also has a APU, so I don't think idleing is a factor. The truck has been through a couple shops and it has nothing for fault codes. Any ideas?

what kind of trailer/freight does he haul?
what rears, tires and trans?
im assuming this is an egr motor...have you tried unpluggin the egr?

what kind of trailer/freight does he haul?
what rears, tires and trans?
im assuming this is an egr motor...have you tried unpluggin the egr?

Flat and step freight, I would say 90% never goes above the top of the sleeper. Low 24.5 rubber and a 13 speed, not sure if it's a direct or a over and 3.55 rears. Egr is welded, so there is a fault code for that. Boost pressure is where it should be and I have pressure tested the air to air, just to be sure. The truck does have around 800K on it, not sure if the truck has had a new turbo on it. If the vanes for the VGT side of the turbo is worn or stuck, will it effect fuel economy?

C.L. Werner would be proud!
j/k

that damn thing cleaned up nice! I like the factory original look you got going on.

What did it take to clean it up like that?

Some good acid to clean all the grime off of it from 20 years of sitting in a shop.