Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Flat and step freight, I would say 90% never goes above the top of the sleeper. Low 24.5 rubber and a 13 speed, not sure if it's a direct or a over and 3.55 rears. Egr is welded, so there is a fault code for that. Boost pressure is where it should be and I have pressure tested the air to air, just to be sure. The truck does have around 800K on it, not sure if the truck has had a new turbo on it. If the vanes for the VGT side of the turbo is worn or stuck, will it effect fuel economy?

When you say egr is welded what do you mean?

turbo sticking causing excessive drive pressure would not help mpg at all

how long since last overhead? how many miles on injectors?

I would think you would be at at least 6 avg.

i pulled flat freight and averaged 6.4 but this was a series 60 detroit no egr

Just thought I would throw this out here.
I have a O/O that works for me that runs a 05 International 9900 with a 500hp ISX in it, he is barely getting 5mpg with the truck. This is not a tank to tank avg, this is per IFTA quarterly reports. He is a experienced driver that only runs 65 mph tops and the truck also has a APU, so I don't think idleing is a factor. The truck has been through a couple shops and it has nothing for fault codes. Any ideas?

I was getting 6.4 with a Kittypillar pulling icebox so something is definitely outta whack. And I got a good buddy with an 05 9900ix ISX getting 6.7 pulling over dimensional but his does have the complete PDI Stage 1 treatment. I'll also say even if you drive slow your takeoff style has a gigantic effect on mpg. I generally run between 15-25 psi boost running up thru the gears.

Flat and step freight, I would say 90% never goes above the top of the sleeper. Low 24.5 rubber and a 13 speed, not sure if it's a direct or a over and 3.55 rears. Egr is welded, so there is a fault code for that. Boost pressure is where it should be and I have pressure tested the air to air, just to be sure. The truck does have around 800K on it, not sure if the truck has had a new turbo on it. If the vanes for the VGT side of the turbo is worn or stuck, will it effect fuel economy?
Absolutely, a new turbo on the Pete I used to drive with an ISX gave me 1.2mpg average over what it was with a bad one

Last edited:
5EA7A51E-2811-4456-B8FB-5F89B6DF13A1_zpsefk3g7tt.jpg

Looks great! I'll be watching for you at the pulls tonight. I'm hoping for a good turnout.

Won't be till later in the week that I can get them put together and uploaded.

Since this seems to be the official thread of all things big truck lol. Anyone ever have a timing pin break off in a cat pump?? One of my buddies just texted me that he effed up and forgot to pull the pin, now he can't find the pieces... Any thoughts?

cb4f071d703c9865d3c7ce996d8428d9.jpg

Sent from my flashscan v2

Anyone know where to get tach/speedometer cables? I thought I had a place found but apparently not

Since this seems to be the official thread of all things big truck lol. Anyone ever have a timing pin break off in a cat pump?? One of my buddies just texted me that he effed up and forgot to pull the pin, now he can't find the pieces... Any thoughts?

cb4f071d703c9865d3c7ce996d8428d9.jpg

It would be my guess part of if is still in the pump cam, he will just need to find the opening in the cam with a light and see what it looks like. Anything that was loose is probably in the oil pan already.

It's out if the cam, just happened this morning. He's got the pump off now trying to figure something out

Haha, right?? The wash guys at this place did a phenomenal job

Back