Truckers, lets see your rigs!

C16 cat, jfaulkner can enlighten you a little more on that truck. I think they had a pull closer to home Saturday night.

That'd be sweet but would no means be legal in our pulling association. There is a guy around here that is in heavy haul that put one in a 359 long hood and had to extend the hood another 18 inches. They also put a C18 in a Peterbilt and brought both of them to a pull for exhibition last year. Believe it or not my dads 3406 out pulled the 3412...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTSVRr4LpGs"]V12 cat powered pete - YouTube[/ame]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That'd be sweet but would no means be legal in our pulling association. There is a guy around here that is in heavy haul that put one in a 359 long hood and had to extend the hood another 18 inches. They also put a C18 in a Peterbilt and brought both of them to a pull for exhibition last year. Believe it or not my dads 3406 out pulled the 3412...

V12 cat powered pete - YouTube

I've always wanted to see more of that Pete

I've always wanted to see more of that Pete

Yeah it's pretty cool. The 3412 looks just like a 3408 with a 3rd set of valve covers. Which it should since it is a 3400 series engine.

It's cool and unique and everything but I don't understand why. First off it's in a Peterbilt, plus the 3412 is so heavy is anything really being accomplished?

I will say they did a hell of a job putting the engine in the truck. It looks like it belongs there.

Yeah it's pretty cool. The 3412 looks just like a 3408 with a 3rd set of valve covers. Which it should since it is a 3400 series engine.

It's cool and unique and everything but I don't understand why. First off it's in a Peterbilt, plus the 3412 is so heavy is anything really being accomplished?

I will say they did a hell of a job putting the engine in the truck. It looks like it belongs there.

Sometimes you just need raw, mean, ugly brute force to get a job done and from the look and sound of that Petet they accomplished that goal.

And it's pretty phukin cool!

Last edited:
I would be curious of the engine rating, I figure at somewhere between 700-900 hp would be my guess, but even then at 700hp it makes less torque than a modern electronic inline 6. Weight is better than I figured as I have seen them as light as 3900lbs, a fully dressed 1693TA is around 3300 same goes for a 8v92 detroit, not sure what a KTA would weigh in at.

The modern equivalent would be a C27 which uses the same tech as the 3406 E, now this would be a fun engine to play with, but with the torque it developes there likely isn't a clutch that would hold it and still make it useable.

V12 cat powered pete - YouTube

No video of the one with the C-18?

any more pics of the pete with 3412? or videos? i love one off stuff like that

has he ever mentioned a difference in fuel cost from whatever he was running before?
i wouldnt think in that type haul it really matters much anyway

No I don't have any more pictures or videos of the two trucks. But to give you an idea of the power, two years ago at this pull he put like 100 ft on my dads 3406b. My dad was 2nd...

the 8V92 fully dressed weighs about 2600 LBS .. Work on them all the time ..

Our 475hp makes about 1400#/tq @ 1300-1700 rpm's and 475 hp @ 2100 rpm's .. respectivly .

Don't know where that number came from, must have added up after carrying all the junk parts that came home with my A model.

The spevvy pete hahaha... that **** box belongs to one of my friends. What's left of the rails is junk, back of the cab is rotted out etc... it was used as a lot truck by Good's Livestock for a while then he made an insane offer on it. He's got $6500 in it, he tries to make money on everything...

The spevvy pete hahaha... that **** box belongs to one of my friends. What's left of the rails is junk, back of the cab is rotted out etc... it was used as a lot truck by Good's Livestock for a while then he made an insane offer on it. He's got $6500 in it, he tries to make money on everything...

:doh:$6500, good lord. Sounds a lot worse than it looks in the picture.

I've never checked the tag. It's a standard air shift eaton, I don't know gear set or capacity though

89e6baa326f339c2e4e58330e9c28016.jpg

One of the Cliff Lick trucks is going back together...cool things come out of that shop

Sent from my flashscan v2