Truckers, lets see your rigs!

X2... 388 is a just a short hood 389. Bre's is a 387.

Bingo. Didn't catch that earlier.
Local guy to us has one of these.
a8agyhy2.jpg

haha never mind, just saw on Dave's bookface he did that 388

He re-did that 388 lol. It had on of 12-Gauge's el-cheapo knock off kits on it and almost lost the front axle when the brackets broke. Now it's been touched by the best. Haha

Also, did ya know the 386 comes in a "long hood" and a "short hood"? Haha

Bnsf. I'm an engineer. Work out of Fort Madison, Ia when I can but when I can't hold that because of seniority I'm out of West Quincy, Mo

I've never heard of a 1MM prefix. My buddy just bought the truck, its in 2000 W900L

Yeah, the big engines go 5DS, 1MM, then 7CZ. The last being a C16 and the first two are E models.

So this may be a dumb question but does Cat still build engines for people to swap into trucks (for glider kits and such) or do you just have to look for one that was made years ago?

You could by a new industrial, but no matter what a new engine has to meet the emmissions for the year it was built, so the new industrials would be as bad off as the last trucks engines except they have had time to work on the reliability of the crap they add to the engine.

You could by a new industrial, but no matter what a new engine has to meet the emmissions for the year it was built, so the new industrials would be as bad off as the last trucks engines except they have had time to work on the reliability of the crap they add to the engine.

Yeah, we get away with swapping a 50 searies in to athe place of a 6v92 or an 8v92, but not the other way around due to Emmisions and regulations. :bang