Truckers, lets see your rigs!

My brother's 1988 W900 we are just finishing up getting back together after a sandblast and paint job, along with quite a few other modifications. 3406B and a 15 SPD trans.

Attachments

• MG_20140916_211731783.jpg
    MG_20140916_211731783.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 0
My brother's 1988 W900 we are just finishing up getting back together after a sandblast and paint job, along with quite a few other modifications. 3406B and a 15 SPD trans.

Beautiful job! Going to work that truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful job! Going to work that truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, we use it hauling grain on the farm, and we'll probably hook it to our 53 ft vanbody some next summer hauling the 3.0 truck around...

We use his '93 W900 now with a 12.7 Detroit, mileage is much better, lol!

Attachments

• MAG0127.jpg
    MAG0127.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 0
You could by a new industrial, but no matter what a new engine has to meet the emmissions for the year it was built, so the new industrials would be as bad off as the last trucks engines except they have had time to work on the reliability of the crap they add to the engine.

Have pics of NEW trucks in NZ and Ausie with MXS (2006 prefix here) C15's with DPF's. Cat added a separate ECM to control DPF.

How long are you gonna make us wait?

We'll see here's the thing. It all starts with a new phone and my pics being in no f'ing order anymore. I'll dig

While your waiting here's a DDEC 5 driptroit with a few windows. This is why you clean out your intercooler after you blow a charger. Rod through the ECM is just insult to injury. Haha. Really couldn't happen to a nicer prick since he didn't pay for the turbo anyway!
7d6702c3fd44083384c2f914aa105080.jpg

Last edited:
We'll see here's the thing. It all starts with a new phone and my pics being in no f'ing order anymore. I'll dig

While your waiting here's a DDEC 5 driptroit with a few windows. This is why you clean out your intercooler after you blow a charger. Rod through the ECM is just insult to injury. Haha. Really couldn't happen to a nicer prick since he didn't pay for the turbo anyway!
7d6702c3fd44083384c2f914aa105080.jpg

OMW !!

This is why we just replace the CAC After a failur of a turbo if there is any oil or metal present on the Compressor side...
:badidea:
Cheep insurance against this exact happening - and if not , We wont warentee anything !!! Just cause !!!

OMW !!

This is why we just replace the CAC After a failur of a turbo if there is any oil or metal present on the Compressor side...

Cheep insurance against this exact happening - and if not , We wont warentee anything !!! Just cause !!!

Broke his crank in 4 spots. Lol

Broke his crank in 4 spots. Lol

That's some serious carnage right there!!!! I have never been under a DPF equipped big truck. I could never understand why people would tell me all that crap adds around 2,000lbs to a truck. Now I can see why, that's just ridiculous!!!

That's some serious carnage right there!!!! I have never been under a DPF equipped big truck. I could never understand why people would tell me all that crap adds around 2,000lbs to a truck. Now I can see why, that's just ridiculous!!!

Any Cat 600hp+ has dual DPF's. Most of them aren't that bad.

OMW !!

Amazing how many people have turbo failures and choose to not replace air cleaners, possibly rubber intake plumbing, CACs etc.

Amazing how many people have turbo failures and choose to not replace air cleaners, possibly rubber intake plumbing, CACs etc.

We either replace them or send it to the local Radiator shop ( Performance Radiator) they fluch them and clean them out real good, but, if there is a ton of metal and oil we just scrap the dang thing, Its typicaly Cheeper that way and easier ..

Breaking the crank isnt real easy, Thats never a good thing, SO, he will need an entire Engine now .. thats whatcha get for being cheep !!! :bang

See it alot where someone breaks a turbo shaft and the compressor wheel explodes and they only worry about the CAC. A lot of the carnage blows back into the air filters when the boost rushes back through the CAC and they bolt a new turbo on and it immediately eats all the alum they didn't clean out of the cans.

We either replace them or send it to the local Radiator shop ( Performance Radiator) they fluch them and clean them out real good, but, if there is a ton of metal and oil we just scrap the dang thing, Its typicaly Cheeper that way and easier ..

Breaking the crank isnt real easy, Thats never a good thing, SO, he will need an entire Engine now .. thats whatcha get for being cheep !!! :bang
Really only sad that the idiot wasn't standing close enough when it exploded to take a rod to the face.

No CGI. Nice. I knew the engines were in production. I thought they were out of the dpf game though.
China has its own engine platforms too. I don't have access to them though

No CGI. Nice. I knew the engines were in production. I thought they were out of the dpf game though.
China has its own engine platforms too. I don't have access to them though

Well come January EVERYTHING has to be TIER 4 compliant. No matter how many "EPA credits" you have. Industrial platforms may be different, but I know as far as heavy equipment goes everyone will have to be compliant.

I don't know if there is any truth to the "Cat got out of the highway engine market because of the EPA/emissions standards" theory. However, if that was the case, there's no reason for them not to come back. Unless of course, they're just tired of the aggravation period. I feel like they need to. We all know PACCAR is garbage. If you're in anything that isn't Freightliner or Western Star then Cummins is pretty much your own option. Can anyone tell me why that is? You used to be able to get a Detroit in just about anything, except Mack of course.

Because now detroit is owned by freight liner, you won't see much outside of a detroit in a star car now either due to the same reason, unless it is a glider.