Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Here's my great uncles 85 359. Had it since 87 and it's very clean

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hauling a D7R winch tractor from north central Montana to Killdeer nd tomorrow. Jump into our other truck head back to mt. Load up our D8 plow and drop it in killdeer. Get back in the first truck and go after our D7H winch cat. All oversized loads. All our trucks are 378 petes. The truck I drive the most is a 1997 model with only 190k's on it.

Last edited:
Yes it is. Thank goodness i don't have to work out there. We have a crew putting in telephone cable out there.

ugahu6y8.jpg

Picked up a 1990 379 today that's got a 36 inch bunk converted to a unibilt.
[ame="http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/ectolle/media/159418B1-9EAD-4DCA-9A04-5C077A5BF449.jpg.html"]159418B1-9EAD-4DCA-9A04-5C077A5BF449.jpg Photo by ectolle | Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:
Kinda random, but I've decided I want something with a VT903 to put parallel twins and dual stacks, purely because I think it would sound awesome

I think the highest rated 903 used for the military was rated at 800hp and uses parallel HT3s with an equalizer tube to balance the two manifolds.

Any kind of reliability with the 903's? I have t heard much about them, but what I have heard first thing I hear is "Nine-oh-nothin'"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about the reliability. I have thought about trying to find one and pull some modern parts for a cam shaft and pistons and turn the fire to one.

They run them in Bradley's. That would be the engine to find. All of the updates etc and high hp

Sent from my flashscan v2

The bad part is that even if you have a serial number, cummins is restricted on selling parts due to them being military use. I can find 660hp 903s on quickserve but parts info is very limited.

I think the highest rated 903 used for the military was rated at 800hp and uses parallel HT3s with an equalizer tube to balance the two manifolds.

Military supposedly has a 750hp version now. We used to have a 265hp n/a one in a cabover Kenworth that my dad hauled hay with for many years.

I wouldn't be after a ton of power, more the cool/unique factor. I'd bet it'd do ok with h2e's 400-450hp or even hx40s and 350-400hp

Curious what that would do at the standard displacement versus the 650, prolly wouldn't stay together.