Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Well come January EVERYTHING has to be TIER 4 compliant. No matter how many "EPA credits" you have. Industrial platforms may be different, but I know as far as heavy equipment goes everyone will have to be compliant.

I don't know if there is any truth to the "Cat got out of the highway engine market because of the EPA/emissions standards" theory. However, if that was the case, there's no reason for them not to come back. Unless of course, they're just tired of the aggravation period. I feel like they need to. We all know PACCAR is garbage. If you're in anything that isn't Freightliner or Western Star then Cummins is pretty much your own option. Can anyone tell me why that is? You used to be able to get a Detroit in just about anything, except Mack of course.
I meant for Australia. They were running ACERT engines after CAT stopped selling them in North American.
Production never actually stopped on the engines that I know of.

As for on Highway, the CT15 is a 3406 with bosch engine controls. It is what you are speaking of in regards of current NA production.

Fitzgerald offers Cats. Not sure what flavor. You can buy a C2A prefix, the reman equivalent of a 6nz, and shove in a glider. Thompson should be their CAT dealer. They did have cat techs dedicated to their engine facility, but times is tough. :D

Because now detroit is owned by freight liner, you won't see much outside of a detroit in a star car now either due to the same reason, unless it is a glider.

Had the opportunity to run a star car with a DD16 in 2 years ago... Not sure how it would be in the long run, but that thing sure ran when new!

Had the opportunity to run a star car with a DD16 in 2 years ago... Not sure how it would be in the long run, but that thing sure ran when new!
You would be a card carrying cult member now if you did. Western Star guys weird, not a weird as the Marmon guys but close.LOL

Big hammer

b99f34a470b60d20f18c786dba5b793e.jpg

Sent from my flashscan v2

So I thought you guys might be able to help me. I bought a Cobra 29ltd chrome off a buddy who got it from a old lady whose husband used to be a trucker and passed away. The CB had never been used said the the lady. So I put it in my truck today and got it all wired up and went to tune it and when I key up the mic the S meter doesn't do anything. Does anyone have any ideas?

Is the mic original? Cable in good shape? Does the tx light come on?

Sent from my flashscan v2

There was no mic with it when I got it so I just went and got a $29 one from the Local Pilot. The light does go from green to red when I key the mic.

Not my truck but I did the pump tuning = took out fuel, torque and rpm screws .. His left ankle is broken, was using clutch with crutches, that's why jumpy start. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDkFo3Ad_xI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDkFo3Ad_xI[/ame]

So I thought you guys might be able to help me. I bought a Cobra 29ltd chrome off a buddy who got it from a old lady whose husband used to be a trucker and passed away. The CB had never been used said the the lady. So I put it in my truck today and got it all wired up and went to tune it and when I key up the mic the S meter doesn't do anything. Does anyone have any ideas?

Ok so I lied I have the classic not the chrome, but it was in the chrome box, so now that leads me to believe maybe this radio used.

Back