Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I've never hear crank longevity as a reason for rear gear engines, only THV. I've heard line of sight/packaging as a reason in the past.

It's for crank longevity, much less twisting forces. Every new engine will have it.
Who's having crank problems? I have a broken 2WS crank here but it had over 1.2mil miles before it broke. Last broken crank I've heard around here on a new motor was on that DAF MX13 turd you guys have pawned off on us. Driver bumped a dock too hard with an ultrashift and it snapped the crank. :lolly:

It's for crank longevity, much less twisting forces. Every new engine will have it.

Please explain this? Lol it's still turning off the dang crank? Cranks last. It's a noise emissions issue. Me we seen concept gears on the nose of family 3 Isx engines? Also noise emissions. No not every engine will have it.

Please explain this? Lol it's still turning off the dang crank? Cranks last. It's a noise emissions issue. Me we seen concept gears on the nose of family 3 Isx engines? Also noise emissions. No not every engine will have it.

Less twisting and harmonics when auxiliaries are close to flywheel. Yes, all new engine designs are going to have it. Engines are not designed to be repaired, they are designed to last.

Who's having crank problems? I have a broken 2WS crank here but it had over 1.2mil miles before it broke.
no one but there might be in the future when torques are getting close 4000Nm. Might take a long time for you to get that high.

Less twisting and harmonics when auxiliaries are close to flywheel. Yes, all new engine designs are going to have it. Engines are not designed to be repaired, they are designed to last.
Someone better let Cummins, paccar, and Volvo in on that secret

Any of you guys have a good 5EK core or running engine in The Northeastern US? Friend's 007 puked a B motor this weekend.

Thanks guys
Will

Sent from my flashscan v2

Oh you don't want a cat, they're piles of junk that drop liners and break cranks all the time (heavy sarcasm)

Oh you don't want a cat, they're piles of junk that drop liners and break cranks all the time (heavy sarcasm)

Ehh. We had a 6TS break a crank at 700k in our 378 lol. They all have their faults. My buddy is a cat guy and I can't fault him for it Just trying to help him out so he can get out of the loaner mack pinnacle lol

Sent from my flashscan v2

I heard it was for noise too, and moving the gears to the rear on a COE makes sense for noise reduction. Moving them closer to the firewall on a conventional does the opposite. Swapping air compressors on a rear gear engine is a nightmare. We told Europe to shove it once and we'll do it again. Lol

I like picture books so...
5bcc0ce04c0143d78754587d30399f59.jpg

c9b2ec86fd32c0f9bec195ef9eb1abd8.jpg

I heard it was for noise too, and moving the gears to the rear on a COE makes sense for noise reduction. Moving them closer to the firewall on a conventional does the opposite. Swapping air compressors on a rear gear engine is a nightmare. We told Europe to shove it once and we'll do it again. Lol

It does reduce the noise because it's under the cowl. It's noise reduction to the guys on sidewalks not drivers

no one but there might be in the future when torques are getting close 4000Nm. Might take a long time for you to get that high.
Torque isn't breaking cranks, it breaks blocks. Seen more broken cranks due to bad clutches than high hp. But I guess moving the air compressor drive to the rear would fix this huh? Or is it the power robbing cam gear that's killing cranks?LOL

Ok well insist it's .006 and nothing less or you will be doing it again. If they say "it's within cat spec" punch them in the throat.
The owner of the shop is a sharp guy, as soon as I told him what it was doing he said "sounds like its time to get rid of the crappy parts and make it a 6NZ" most shops would pull the serial number and throw it back together as it was and not fix the issue.

The owner of the shop is a sharp guy, as soon as I told him what it was doing he said "sounds like its time to get rid of the crappy parts and make it a 6NZ" most shops would pull the serial number and throw it back together as it was and not fix the issue.

Im not doubting your shop it's just some places have never dealt with higher than stock HP and think spec is good enough. Your right most shops will only build back to stock. A new shiny turd is still a turd.

Back