Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Torque isn't breaking cranks, it breaks blocks. Seen more broken cranks due to bad clutches than high hp. But I guess moving the air compressor drive to the rear would fix this huh? Or is it the power robbing cam gear that's killing cranks?LOL

Torque is not breaking blocks. Maybe Cats, I dont know. Never heard clutch breaking crank but we dont have those antique clutches like you have.

Yes, compressor, fuelpump, camshaft etc. Might not take lot of power but they are making harmonics that break cranks.

Proof. Show us the testing, at 3000ft-lbs, where the accessories caused a crank to fracture.
Makes me wish I had become an engineer.
I see no real world application where the harmonics from the gear train would exceed the harmonics caused by the power train.
If this were the case, the failure would have to been on a dyno where the engine load was linear, which would mean the engine structure tested would never have survive an actual duty application anyway because it's design was inferior for the intended power level. Changing to rear gear train would not magically make it survive.

Torque is not breaking blocks. Maybe Cats, I dont know. Never heard clutch breaking crank but we dont have those antique clutches like you have.

Yes, compressor, fuelpump, camshaft etc. Might not take lot of power but they are making harmonics that break cranks.

Lol, lets see you take a modified engine and drag it down from say 2500rpm to 1000rpm at full power and see what happens. Doesn't matter what brand it is. Sometimes I think you say stupid things just for the sake of an argument. Ask any sled puller why they always try and keep the RPM as high as they can. Why do they not drag modified engines down to the point of peak torque on an engine dyno?

Any unbalanced flywheel or damaged clutch/torque converter can cause severe vibration that can break a crank, even your goofy autoshifts. Maybe if you guys spend more time fixing your antique city streets and roads to fit an adult sized truck you wouldn't need short cabovers and short V8's. No matter what BS your trying to spread the reason you guys like rear geartrain is because you have cabover trucks.

Proof. Show us the testing, at 3000ft-lbs, where the accessories caused a crank to fracture.
I see no real world application where the harmonics from the gear train would exceed the harmonics caused by the power train.
If this were the case, the failure would have to been on a dyno where the engine load was linear, which would mean the engine structure tested would never have survive an actual duty application anyway because it's design was inferior for the intended power level. Changing to rear gear train would not magically make it survive.
He won't and cant. He hates it when facts get in the way of his opinion.

From the sounds of it, Europe is so far advanced with their diesel engines that nothing in America will ever catch up.......at least that's the impression I'm getting here. I think I'm gonna tell my boss to trade off my W9 for a Volvo

From the sounds of it, Europe is so far advanced with their diesel engines that nothing in America will ever catch up.......at least that's the impression I'm getting here. I think I'm gonna tell my boss to trade off my W9 for a Volvo
I don't know about you but I can't wait for the European invasion. All I need is a black turtle neck that's 2 sizes too small and this sweet ride and I'll be the coolest kid on the highway! I just wonder if Scania can make the wheelbase shorter and the roof taller so it could look even more bad ass and I'll be the first in line to change my name to Sebastian. :lolly:
QTeCrtI.jpg

I don't know about you but I can't wait for the European invasion. All I need is a black turtle neck that's 2 sizes too small and this sweet ride and I'll be the coolest kid on the highway! I just wonder if Scania can make the wheelbase shorter and the roof taller so it could look even more bad ass and I'll be the first in line to change my name to Sebastian. :lolly:
QTeCrtI.jpg

God the trucks over there are hideous! If they could only drive our trucks over there, guaranteed they wouldn't be talking chit on our american "junk". Lol

QTeCrtI.jpg
Every time I see one of those fugly ass trucks I think of these. At least American cabovers were cool looking
fcfcb80c1c8b97076c2ef73fe5cdb56f.jpg

They havent fractured because they are made strong enough, the idea is not have to make it any heavier when torque is getting higher and higher. Thats development.

Lol, lets see you take a modified engine and drag it down from say 2500rpm to 1000rpm at full power and see what happens. Doesn't matter what brand it is. Sometimes I think you say stupid things just for the sake of an argument. Ask any sled puller why they always try and keep the RPM as high as they can. Why do they not drag modified engines down to the point of peak torque on an engine dyno?

Any unbalanced flywheel or damaged clutch/torque converter can cause severe vibration that can break a crank, even your goofy autoshifts. Maybe if you guys spend more time fixing your antique city streets and roads to fit an adult sized truck you wouldn't need short cabovers and short V8's. No matter what BS your trying to spread the reason you guys like rear geartrain is because you have cabover trucks.
How does it help with cabovers ?

Why doesnt sledpullers drag their engines down ? Easy answer: because their engines doesnt work at low rpm, they are build for high rpm, rpm is power. Torque times rpm you know. Oh sorry I forgot, you dont know, mr Watt was wrong, ynot is right.

They havent fractured because they are made strong enough, the idea is not have to make it any heavier when torque is getting higher and higher. Thats development.
Yes because if I was going for lighter weight the crank is where I would focus on removing material. Development is not making things lighter and weaker, development is making things lighter and stronger.

How does it help with cabovers ?

Why doesnt sledpullers drag their engines down ? Easy answer: because their engines doesnt work at low rpm, they are build for high rpm, rpm is power. Torque times rpm you know. Oh sorry I forgot, you dont know, mr Watt was wrong, ynot is right.

How does it help on cabovers???? Not sure, maybe because there isn't a firewall behind the engine?:nail:

Correct they're built to have power at high RPM because RPM is easier on parts. I wouldn't use ynot as an example because he is a dbag.

129a9ae597e9d65505b941705d828d6e.jpg

Snapped a rare pic of ****box supreme not broken down. Likely overweight though :/. This truck needs to go away...

Sent from my flashscan v2