Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Know where it came from, need to find one for this 87, gets a little atrocious in the power band and under jakes.

Donaldson M090072

Walker 21835

Heavy Duty parts in dayton stocks them, under $100. Don't make a huge difference but noticeable.

It seemed to smooth out that harsh sound of the engine, not much quieter, but definitely better

Last edited:
Yes because if I was going for lighter weight the crank is where I would focus on removing material. Development is not making things lighter and weaker, development is making things lighter and stronger.

How does it help on cabovers???? Not sure, maybe because there isn't a firewall behind the engine?:nail:
This is the only reason I have heard for rear geartrain, it is also quieter ofcourse. Quote from somewhere around web: Actually driving the injection pump ,camshaft and anything else that is normally crankshaft driven ,from the rear of the crank,is a good thing .This was done on all the old 2 cycle Detroit diesel engines. A long 4 or 6 cylinder crank sees a lot of flexing,with the strongest flex being at the front end. This windup then unwind flexing motion transfers to anything driven off the front of the crank and causes stress/wear to those parts. The rear of the crankshaft with aprox 200 pounds of flywheel/clutch assy attached ,does a really good job of damping out the crank vibrations at that end,while the little 20 pound vibration damper at the front only reduces vibration and crank flexing to a level that protects crank from cracking/breaking.

Found this vid, 13 litre Iveco, also sold as Cat. I heard about 950 hp to the hubs.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zf5bkiid1vn83rd/Veto%20takaa.MOV?dl=0

475/1650 475/1850 550/1850 and 625/2050

I called my local Altorfer about uprating mine from 475/1650 to 550/1850. They said 600$ flat fee to do it. My question is the Transmision is a 1650 torque rated Trans. Ever seen any real issues arise from that? I really don't want to have to put a new Trans in yet.

I called my local Altorfer about uprating mine from 475/1650 to 550/1850. They said 600$ flat fee to do it. My question is the Transmision is a 1650 torque rated Trans. Ever seen any real issues arise from that? I really don't want to have to put a new Trans in yet.

I wouldn't have a cat dealer or truck dealer uprate it, you are going to get a low nox file and it will kill any economy you are currently getting.

Transmission will be fine.

Last edited:
I wouldn't have a cat dealer or truck dealer uprate it, you are going to get a low nox file and it will kill any economy you are currently getting.

Speaking from experience in this, my MBN was a 475/1650 and was uprated to 525/1850 at the KW dealer, it ran worse at 525 than it ever did at 475. Buy a custom file from someone, you'll be a LOT happier

Don't worry about the transmission. To be honest I doubt your going to notice much difference with a stock 550 file.

His is an Acert so all stock files are low NoX, I had to dig back through several pages to see what engine he said he had.:Cheer:

Didn't know it was an acert, yeah 550 is as good as it gets, custom file would be the best for mileage though. Can't put a 600 or 625 file in it unless you plan on swapping the injectors to match.

Didn't know it was an acert, yeah 550 is as good as it gets, custom file would be the best for mileage though. Can't put a 600 or 625 file in it unless you plan on swapping the injectors to match.

Yea a 625 file in a 475/550 is a 3.5mpg turd.

Yep. Sorry guys I forgot to mention its a MXS acert. Trans is an Elton-16913A with 3.36 rears. It builds about 48-50 lbs boost max. My thing is in 12/13 gear it seems sluggish to me. It accelerates great through tenth, decent in 11th but then to me falls flat. I thought the extra torque would be more noticeable than the horsepower. Right now I don't have the funds to delete and really hop it up. If there is a better option than I'm open to that but I figured factory tune would be safest.

eng serial- mxs81600
Ecm serial- 04666255jx
Personality module number- 3298538-00
Personality release date- July 08
Personality module code- 24
Rating type -standard
475@2100
1650@ 1200
Test spec ok5924-00

Yep. Sorry guys I forgot to mention its a MXS acert. Trans is an Elton-16913A with 3.36 rears. It builds about 48-50 lbs boost max. My thing is in 12/13 gear it seems sluggish to me. It accelerates great through tenth, decent in 11th but then to me falls flat. I thought the extra torque would be more noticeable than the horsepower. Right now I don't have the funds to delete and really hop it up. If there is a better option than I'm open to that but I figured factory tune would be safest.

No deleting needs to be done, just a good custom file that shuts off the IVA's and adds timing. Acert engines are actually a fair amount stronger than the older 3406E/C-15 too. A custom file makes those things run like a scalded dog

No deleting needs to be done, just a good custom file that shuts off the IVA's and adds timing. Acert engines are actually a fair amount stronger than the older 3406E/C-15 too. A custom file makes those things run like a scalded dog

I'm sure it's probably already been mentioned but who is a good source for custom tunes. I'm kinda new to this side of it. I'm used to driving company trucks. Haha. Area diesel in carlinville makes modules for trucks. I could call them up.

Mr. Haney is one, there's a member on the forum that does it too, but I don't feel its my place to point out who it is, I'm sure he'll PM you about it like he did when I asked about tuning a few pages back.

Okay. Well I'll look back through some pages. I didn't want to search all 350 pages though. Haha. Supposedly there is a guy in effingham il at the truck stop called the diesel doctor who will do custom tunes but you have to drive there to talk to him and I don't know anybody with actual experience. I like the PDI manifold and single turbo setup but I don't have 8 grand to spend yet.

Okay. Well I'll look back through some pages. I didn't want to search all 350 pages though. Haha. Supposedly there is a guy in effingham il at the truck stop called the diesel doctor who will do custom tunes but you have to drive there to talk to him and I don't know anybody with actual experience. I like the PDI manifold and single turbo setup but I don't have 8 grand to spend yet.
Diesel Dr is a Dbag. He's flashed over several ecm's that had custom tunes. A good custom tune will look completely stock, an MXS with 630hp to the tires will say 475hp so this idiot hooked to a guys truck and did him a favor by flashing it to "550hp" and by doing this he derated the guys truck almost 200hp, did the same to an ISX.

Don't do the single turbo kit unless you want to lose performance.