Truckers, lets see your rigs!

You can either do pump work or possibly change to a slightly higher flow set of injectors, a simple button change is easier than drilling the ball out to adjust pressure and you can gain enough by switching to a #5 that you can burn the pistons out of it if you aren't careful.

0 button and a stinger.

0 button and a stinger.

A 0 would be okay if you didn't touch anything else, but I'm not sure anyone needs unlimited rpm and fuel out of the pump.

I have some injectors for him too if he wants to put the pistons in the pan.

Last edited:
I really want too keep it reliable. I have decent mileage and if I'm going to loose that and sacrifice reliability I best leave it alone.. Just sucks at a 100k being in 3rd pulling hills at 18mph

Has anyone ever broke an input shaft like the pics I have. I really can't figure it out. The truck that trans was in is not a big power house maybe 500hp, it gets loaded on a scale to 80k. I'm the only one to drive it and don't do anything stupid since I'm paying the bill. It ll driveline in it so if I did anything to dumb I would of thought it would of twisted a driveshaft. Is it possible it was a bad part and took 80k miles to break.

Has anyone ever broke an input shaft like the pics I have. I really can't figure it out. The truck that trans was in is not a big power house maybe 500hp, it gets loaded on a scale to 80k. I'm the only one to drive it and don't do anything stupid since I'm paying the bill. It ll driveline in it so if I did anything to dumb I would of thought it would of twisted a driveshaft. Is it possible it was a bad part and took 80k miles to break.

Was going to tell you a buddy got a truck towed in to his shop today. Rear driveshaft fell out at highway speed. Pinion shaft in rear pig looks like it was sawed in half right behind the bearing. Diff was new this summer from Weller. I'll let you know what they say about it. Weller always says they use Eaton shafts not Chinese junk like Trucks & Parts so we'll see.

We stopped using weller reman stuff and went to Valley at my past job. Had some odd stuff going on in our gliders. Big customer in michigan had an issue with a diff and pulled apart their osh kosh front axle to find ancient grease still in the knuckles.

I really want too keep it reliable. I have decent mileage and if I'm going to loose that and sacrifice reliability I best leave it alone.. Just sucks at a 100k being in 3rd pulling hills at 18mph

That is pretty pitiful even for a 400, what sort of grades are these?

I probably know ya, I used to work for the Crapo family haha

Right on. I see you built that yellow 359. I saw it when you posted it for sale on craigslist and wondered who's it was! Very sharp truck. Do you have another project going yet?

My junk... 76 359. Bought it a year ago off of ksl. I've put A LOT of time into it so far. 440 big cam III, 13, 3.70 rears on air leaf. The kenworth is a 77, 400 big cam II, 5 n 4, 3.90, reyco spring. my dad has had it since 86. Its got a spudnik bed on it and we pull a western hopper bottom pup behind it. They sit inside 10 months a year so I'm not sure if you've ever seen them or not. haha.

image_5.jpg

image_8.jpg

20120726_165615.jpg

image_6.jpg

Right on. I see you built that yellow 359. I saw it when you posted it for sale on craigslist and wondered who's it was! Very sharp truck. Do you have another project going yet?

My junk... 76 359. Bought it a year ago off of ksl. I've put A LOT of time into it so far. 440 big cam III, 13, 3.70 rears on air leaf. The kenworth is a 77, 400 big cam II, 5 n 4, 3.90, reyco spring. my dad has had it since 86. Its got a spudnik bed on it and we pull a western hopper bottom pup behind it. They sit inside 10 months a year so I'm not sure if you've ever seen them or not. haha.

image_5.jpg

image_8.jpg

20120726_165615.jpg

image_6.jpg
Yep that was my ol 359, I've got a 74 A model extended hood that's a borderline basket case sitting at home but I doubt it will ever see the road again, just got it for parts mostly. I don't think I've ever seen those trucks around, but then again I'm not home a lot so I miss things pretty easily haha

We stopped using weller reman stuff and went to Valley at my past job. Had some odd stuff going on in our gliders. Big customer in michigan had an issue with a diff and pulled apart their osh kosh front axle to find ancient grease still in the knuckles.

If you guys ever need a contact at Weller I may be able to help... We have a decent working relationship with them and they donate a decent bit to the school.

Sent from my flashscan v2

Yep! Stole it off bookface. I'm not a huge pride & class fan, but that one looks good

Just knowing the pump not having a rpm limit scares the crap out of even me.

When I had the stinger in my first pump it never turned more than it does with my new pump. I told my dad my new pump would turn 3,200 and he about choked.

I don't know why you'd need a stinger for a road truck....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk