Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I'm not sure you can call any working mechanical Cat high horsepower this day in age. Especially when you've got engines rated at 600 hp from the factory.

I think it's obvious how far engine technology has come. Let's face it mechanical engines are dinosaurs! HP is cheap with an electronic engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I meant as high hp for a mechanical motor. Lol

The jwac B in my 359 was set at 18° static and the fuel screws in a bit and it'd run with a 550, I've been around some hot ones but they usually don't last long. A buddy of mine had one for a while with great Lakes parts in it, it was violent. It pulled a 6% at 114,200 at 51mph with a 50 psi boost gauge bottomed out. It made it 200k and had a catastrophic failure, no salvageable parts.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Where as an ACERT will do that under that load indefinitely

Sent from my ATRIX HD using Tapatalk

Where as an ACERT will do that under that load indefinitely

I'm not disagreeing, I'm just saying that they're out there. A well tuned B will run with any stock modern engine and survive, I didn't even notice much mileage difference doing what I do.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

We have one that's hot. Guy has been in it so long he can hear things and know what is wrong with it. He melts atleast one cylinder a year

I think a well tuned mechanical can run with the higher factory HP modern engines.

I guess what I was getting at is that 600 hp isn't high HP any more, for work or play. I can see a well tuned mechanical running with a bone stock electronic engine. But as soon as someone starts tweaking an electronic engine, and we all know there are quite a few out there, the mechanical engine will struggle to keep up.

Can an electronic engine survive at 1,000-1,200 hp working daily?

Can an electronic engine survive at 1,000-1,200 hp working daily?

Yes, with the right tune, injectors and turbos. And can even survive with a guy driving that I can quote as saying "I'm not a fuel mileage type of guy". 1100hp to the tires driven daily with a heavy foot and upwards of 190k+ gross weight. This is the reason the B is coming out of his sons truck and acert going in. Never be able to work a 1000hp B.

I honestly don't know where my C-15 is HP wise, I have the "old" 550 tune in a 2ws computer, trim codes changed, a resistor in fuel temp sender, and a quickspool turbo. It pulls harder than any of the other 5 trucks my boss has and outpulls most of the other guys we ran with in the patch. So I at least know that it runs well haha

Last edited:
I honestly don't know where my C-15 is HP wise, I have the "old" 550 tune in a 2ws computer, trim codes changed, a resistor in fuel temp sender, and a quickspool turbo. It pulls harder than any of the other 5 trucks my boss has and outpulls most of the other guys we ran with in the patch. So I at least know that it runs well haha

You don't happen to know anybody with the last name Mowery do you?

Yes, with the right tune, injectors and turbos. And can even survive with a guy driving that I can quote as saying "I'm not a fuel mileage type of guy". 1100hp to the tires driven daily with a heavy foot and upwards of 190k+ gross weight. This is the reason the B is coming out of his sons truck and acert going in. Never be able to work a 1000hp B.

DAMN!

My brother is definitely that type of guy too, but we don't haul that heavy. 100K is about it.

Chris

So for about $10,000 you could have 1,000 hp working engine that will live. Provided you have a good engine to start with.

Never even come close to that power for that money with a mechanical. Let alone it be road-able.

10K on the turbo kit alone if you buy a complete setup, no single will cover that without being a laggy pig.

Yea like cody said, the turbos are $10k. The rest of the engine isn't much different than a stock motor, just different cam/injectors.

I love how mechanical motors just all at once plug filters... Over night I can now drop my fuel pressure down to like 10 lbs if I want.

Might not be just the filter, could be the transfer pump getting weak.

Yesterday and the whole time I've been in it so far you couldn't drop it below 20 if you tried and would idle at almost 40.

Yesterday and the whole time I've been in it so far you couldn't drop it below 20 if you tried and would idle at almost 40.

Start keeping filters in the side box, it's always a good measure.

If you get any fuel with bio in it that will start cleaning the lines and plug filters quick.

Back