Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Start keeping filters in the side box, it's always a good measure.

If you get any fuel with bio in it that will start cleaning the lines and plug filters quick.

I keep filters. I'm gonna run it and see if it cleans up till I get loaded. If not I'll throw some on.

Question!!!

What is the DOT regulations on cab lights?

Question!!!

What is the DOT regulations on cab lights?
5 amber ones, any more or less or a different color isn't legal. Sometimes they'll mess with you and sometimes they wont.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Start keeping filters in the side box, it's always a good measure.

If you get any fuel with bio in it that will start cleaning the lines and plug filters quick.
And now a days its damn hard to find any diesel fuel that doesn't have bio in it

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

5 amber ones, any more or less or a different color isn't legal. Sometimes they'll mess with you and sometimes they wont.

But it must have cab lights of some sort?

Do flush mounts count? I mean they are cab lights...
I'm asking because this truck has them (I hate them), but I wanna know what the rules are when they try to yell at me some day.

I think so, they can only be visible from the front so I don't see why they wouldn't be. I know guys that have ran none for years and never been messed with buy I know a guy that got a ticket for none too. You might have better luck over there, OR d.o.t. is miserable to deal with. I try to look as legal as possible so I have to talk to them as little as possible.

Well I got two tickets tonight and I'm only two weeks back in lol

These cab lights will cause me problems because you can't see them hardly. We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Last edited:
I was a little leery on this deal this morning lol
61f6a16784539cd1283ec7d43c0f52ae.jpg

b78f184772d1371d210b218bbe30f6cf.jpg

Oops. Lol
Yeah, it seems like having extras is less of an issue than it used to be. I'm not that much of an outlaw, I do everything I can to stay out of the shack.

Yeah, it seems like having extras is less of an issue than it used to be. I'm not that much of an outlaw, I do everything I can to stay out of the shack.

Especially in Oregon! My horse is officially retired from the oilfield for good so we'll see how the different states feel about all my extra lights, and especially my deep @$$ visor

Especially in Oregon! My horse is officially retired from the oilfield for good so we'll see how the different states feel about all my extra lights, and especially my deep @$$ visor
I got stopped coming in to Texas through clovis by a sheriff, he got a tape measure out to check cab light spacing on a stone stock western star I was driving. I think he was bored.

I think I'm more worried about the visor than my extra cab lights lol

I hear they're real McA$$holes in Texas about big visors
Everybody is always scared of CA and OR but I've had way more problems in TX. At least in OR they're consistent.