Truckers, lets see your rigs!

10-Roger that schidt!!!! LOL

Gravy.

attachment.php
So the more axles you have the wider your mirrors have to be? :stab:

So you have time for Photoshop but still haven't got that dump truck done?:pop:

So the more axles you have the wider your mirrors have to be? :stab:

So you have time for Photoshop but still haven't got that dump truck done?:pop:

I don't use mirrors for the most part, I use cameras. ;) And that photo was chopped and posted a few years ago. I just dug it up from my hard drive.

I'm at the "build motor mounts from scratch" stage. Nothing I've found works and everything has to move. I finally have all the parts I think I need but this week I haven't had time to touch anything. All last weekend was the state livestock show, this week has been murder, got a funeral today then a band gig tonight. Maybe this weekend I'll have a few hours to work on it. I know my entire truck isn't worth the wheels alone on you all's 18-wheelers and my little 8.3L and 6-speed is baby sh1t compared to a 500hp 18-speed....but I'm excited as hell to drive this thing.

Brakes are cheap! But with good mufflers you can't tell much difference between accelerating and Jake. When a guys shows up for truck work and uses his Jake in the driveway his ECM gets set so the engine brake won't work under 30mph or higher depending my mood.

Brakes are $50 or little more per set up here with no spring kit. When your an owner/operator doing your own repair work and own 2 trucks and 3 trailers, the less repair work you have to do the better. Sometimes I don't have time to drive never mind the work needed for maintenance and repair work. I take of my stuff and drive to make sure stuff lasts. It's the only way to make money.

I wouldn't think it's a very good idea changing someone's computer around because ur being Pissy about noise lol I do love the sound of a good set of straights and a jake. I used a heavy wall stainless pipe used for potable water on series 60. It's nice and deep. There are some loud obnoxious ones for sure though.

Brakes are $50 or little more per set up here with no spring kit. When your an owner/operator doing your own repair work and own 2 trucks and 3 trailers, the less repair work you have to do the better. Sometimes I don't have time to drive never mind the work needed for maintenance and repair work. I take of my stuff and drive to make sure stuff lasts. It's the only way to make money.

I wouldn't think it's a very good idea changing someone's computer around because ur being Pissy about noise lol I do love the sound of a good set of straights and a jake. I used a heavy wall stainless pipe used for potable water on series 60. It's nice and deep. There are some loud obnoxious ones for sure though.

You do realize that he owns a few trucks himself?

Brakes are cheap! But with good mufflers you can't tell much difference between accelerating and Jake. When a guys shows up for truck work and uses his Jake in the driveway his ECM gets set so the engine brake won't work under 30mph or higher depending my mood.
Hahahahahahaha. That's awesome

I wouldn't think it's a very good idea changing someone's computer around because ur being Pissy about noise lol I do love the sound of a good set of straights and a jake.

I wouldn't think it's a good idea to piss off the guy you're paying to put a tune on your truck....just as easy to go up as it is down on power...

Chris

You do realize that he owns a few trucks himself?

That's fine. I'm just sharing my view on how I operate mine. I avoid as many repairs as possible by how I drive. I have only been doing this for 3 years and am sure there's better ways to what I do. But my father has owned/operated his own trucking company for almost 40 years so he has taught me a lot as well. I know driving myself and maintain a couple trucks and trailers an driver takes a lot of time when I'm on the road a lot as well. Obviously this is a little extreme of an argument for just brakes lol but just how I think.

I wouldn't think it's a good idea to piss off the guy you're paying to put a tune on your truck....just as easy to go up as it is down on power...

Chris

Well I wouldn't want a guy detuning my truck because he don't like the sound my truck makes. I don't degrade the way I do my work because I don't like the attitude of my client.

That's fine. I'm just sharing my view on how I operate mine. I avoid as many repairs as possible by how I drive. I have only been doing this for 3 years and am sure there's better ways to what I do. But my father has owned/operated his own trucking company for almost 40 years so he has taught me a lot as well. I know driving myself and maintain a couple trucks and trailers an driver takes a lot of time when I'm on the road a lot as well. Obviously this is a little extreme of an argument for just brakes lol but just how I think.

Well I wouldn't want a guy detuning my truck because he don't like the sound my truck makes. I don't degrade the way I do my work because I don't like the attitude of my client.

If you don't have time for maintenance then do you have time for the trucks?

My point on the noise is maybe you shouldn't be a douche ALL the time. You don't know who you might piss off.
Chris

My point on the noise is maybe you shouldn't be a douche ALL the time. You don't know who you might piss off.
Chris

I have time or I wouldn't have the trucks. But it takes a lot of time. I never said I was a douche on how i operate my jakes. I said earlier I respect when I used them. My point is detuning a truck or changing someone's tune because they used their jakes is ignorant. I have respect using mine so take it easy before you start calling people douches. Just because I've got straight pipes and jakes don't mean I'm a di*k about it.

Chris

Being there is a house along the driveway to the shop there I would have the same attitude.

I love this thread and all it covers , I check it every day to see what's next , with that said I don't drive full time but when I do I almost never use the jake , not that I don't like it but I don't think about it , but I'm sure I have used it before and someone thought I was showing off and I felt I was trying to run my truck the way I felt was best , but thats the great thing about this country we live in is for the most part we are able to run our equipment how we think is best , and yes I know there are clowns that don't know why they use jakes but there is a switch there so turn it on and leave it on , but without knowing all of you personally I don't believe that's the type of guys that visit here , as for detuning , retuning or what ever , in my business if a customer mine is unhappy with or feals like I did a poor job than they will find someone better than me next time , so again however someone wants to run his business is his to decided

My truck has a little resonator in it behind the turbo and it does literally nothing, getting up to speed or going down the road my straights don't bother me, but my engine brake drives me batty, I use them as little as possible because they're obnoxious. I thought straights were cool as hell for about a month and then I was over it. I'd love nothing more than to be able to have a good throaty sound on acceleration and a little rumble with the Jakes but still be able to carry on a phone conversation. I can't wait for the day this sum***** gets the mufflers rammed down the stacks.

My truck has a little resonator in it behind the turbo and it does literally nothing, getting up to speed or going down the road my straights don't bother me, but my engine brake drives me batty, I use them as little as possible because they're obnoxious. I thought straights were cool as hell for about a month and then I was over it. I'd love nothing more than to be able to have a good throaty sound on acceleration and a little rumble with the Jakes but still be able to carry on a phone conversation. I can't wait for the day this sum***** gets the mufflers rammed down the stacks.

My straights on my w9l aren't that bad. But the series 60 is gonna be quieter than a bigger cat. My dads acert is louder with the identical pipes. You can't hear my truck while its moving and your inside. If you have the windows open an use the jakes with a big load and high rpm they are loud but not crazy loud. My pipe is sch 40 stainless with I think .28" wall.

I've got 7" straights, if you're over 1400 rpm with the windows down it is physically painful to run the engine brake, and forget about ever running with the sunroof open.

I've got 7" straights, if you're over 1400 rpm with the windows down it is physically painful to run the engine brake, and forget about ever running with the sunroof open.

Mine are 6".

My binder with straight 5" chromed stacks is like yours though with windows down it will deafen you. I bought it like that. I want to put the same stacks I made for my kW on but it won't take anything over 5" because the door will hit. I will make it whiter somehow though.

8's would mellow mine out a bit but my boss just bought me a $40,000 trailer, ain't no way I'm getting new chimneys lol.

df4bc3db433b6b6f9301b1cfb1900337.jpg

Speaking of which, this was a couple days ago loading beet lime for Langley British Columbia

Mines mellow... I use the jakes.
Well... Mellow compared to electronic crap

Last edited: