Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Anyone got any of the part numbers for the big power PT Fuel System parts? Like the 1" or 1.25" gear pump? Or where to get one cheap? AMD part #'s on biggest injectors? Or who to have work a huge set? Just for future reference more so, if a friend or me finds a cheap 855 to make a puller/toy....

Quite useless to have oversized injectors if you dont have highlift camshaft. With stock cam use biggest from Cummins, honed injectors need quicker injector cams to keep injection pressure high enough. PP highlift cam is twinturbo cam, it is good for a little more power and doesnt need heavily modified injectors.

Quite useless to have oversized injectors if you dont have highlift camshaft. With stock cam use biggest from Cummins, honed injectors need quicker injector cams to keep injection pressure high enough. PP highlift cam is twinturbo cam, it is good for a little more power and doesnt need heavily modified injectors.

Yet there are still 855s with 250mm3 and higher flow injectors that are used from the factory with the lower injector travel cams.

The 330mm3 set I have has stock injector cups and is set for .224", no atomization issues whatsoever.

Yet there are still 855s with 250mm3 and higher flow injectors that are used from the factory with the lower injector travel cams.

The 330mm3 set I have has stock injector cups and is set for .224", no atomization issues whatsoever.

Did you measure those flow numbers on a European test bench? Those are the only believable numbers.:poke:

Ran an overhead and put the 5232 trim codes in my truck Saturday, she's a little more smoky but my butt dyno says she's got a little more power

Mine liked them just fine, it was just a little too smoky for my taste and they seemed to run hotter

Quick question for the cat gurus here. I'm in the middle of an in frame on a bxs kitty. My deck surface is perfect. First time ever. Normally I would cut counterbores to .006, but seeing this doesn't need to be cut should I do just the thinner plate? It's just a stock 475. Not gonna see any modification.

Quick question for the cat gurus here. I'm in the middle of an in frame on a bxs kitty. My deck surface is perfect. First time ever. Normally I would cut counterbores to .006, but seeing this doesn't need to be cut should I do just the thinner plate? It's just a stock 475. Not gonna see any modification.

Good luck getting a thinner plate from Cat, they don't make them anymore. Maybe aftermarket.

thanks, we've sent a pile of stock ones to be ground. Fuk Cat, im not cutting a perfectly good block.

No problem.

The machine shop cuts a fair amount of counterbores/shims but only if there is an issue with them being uneven. One of the reasons CAT got rid of them was the head gasket issues with the C15 engines. A lot of guys assumed they needed a thinner plate because their buddy or cousin fixed theirs that way. We offer an O-ringed head too and see the headaches CAT saw. Guys with .001" protrusion and/or a deleted acert slapping a head on assuming they would fix their issues.

Mine liked them just fine, it was just a little too smoky for my taste and they seemed to run hotter

Can you post up the pictures of that older w9 with the day lite doors. And any info on mods needed to make them fit? Or was it a direct swap? Thanks

Can you post up the pictures of that older w9 with the day lite doors. And any info on mods needed to make them fit? Or was it a direct swap? Thanks
That A model? Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they swap right over

That A model? Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they swap right over

Daylight doors will fit in place of the factory A model doors. I think the only mod that has to be made is the location of the striker pin.

SmokinCAT knows.

Daylight doors will fit in place of the factory A model doors. I think the only mod that has to be made is the location of the striker pin.

SmokinCAT knows.
It seemed like I'd read about moving the striker pin, I wasn't sure if my memory was deceiving me though

I've read something about swapping out the striker with the new style to match the door. But haven't had a confirmation. I wish there was a better way to x the vent window but keep the starlight bottom sash.