Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Here are a few of the rigs that my buddies family buisness has. Large outfit do hauling,grading,house moving and towing. The yellow wrecker was in a movie was lime green then i always forget the name of the movie though. Their largest wrecker is the blue KW on the sides it has the Vietnam Memorial painted on the truck. All you guys saying keeping your rig clean is a daily job it really is that wrecker alone takes 5hr to get spotless with 2 people.

Was it the movie "Heat"?

I just got off the phone yep it is the same wrecker that was in Heat. They have done a heart transplant with a lower mileage cat engine. Right now it is in their shop tore apart gotta replace the rear axles one busted driving way to fast over a bridge that had settled some. Anybody ever down this way or around here and needs a tow give them a call.

I took the opportunity to get Kaylee's picture with "Locomotion" last Saturday. I had to go to Wilkins to get some exhaust pipe. Any of ya'lls been to his place and seen his work? Granted she is 5 yrs old and very small....that is one big ass truck.

206062_4491202712787_1094617288_n.jpg

Is that the place on I35? I think I mightve stopped in there going to stillwater before.

Yes, it is. It is Cliff Wilkin's place at the Fountain Rd exit South of Tonkawa, OK. He lives in Blackwell just down the street from my parents. Great guy. He has made some beautiful trucks in the last 30 years.

Check out the "photos" link at the top.

Big Rig Accessories | Wilkins Oklahoma Truck Supply | (800) 299-5308

I remember riding in this truck as a kid. Apparently it is in Angel Fire or some ski resort town out west now.

OLD_PETE001.jpg

He also has a bunch of half wolf dogs. This one is up front and as nice as can be. The ones that stay out back in the 'yard'.....I don't think anyone would want to meet them just to steal a part of a salvaged truck. LOL

attachment.php

Attachments

• moto_0622.jpg
    moto_0622.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thats awsome. I love show trucks and probably am overdue to visit familly. Road trip time.

Load we hauled today. Crane weighed 130k. Trailer was 80k alone. Truck ended up lossing. Head gasket 5 mile from the shop. Expensive day.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358558044829.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358558044829.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 0
Finally after saying i would find a pic. Well 2 years later i did. Here is my old 77 359 shortnose Peterbilt. Had a 350 with a 13 speed behind it. I pulled a 35 ton Phelan lowboy that was also fully restored. I wish I could have kept it but when somebody throws 20k on the table and work is slow.... Sad thing is my incle bought it in 78 and pulled a 50 ton till i bought it in 04. Lots of memories in that old truck.

And yes the stack that short was a BAD idea. It would set off car and house alarms in the uppity neighborhoods i graded in. They didnt really like it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 0
I think he meant work or play?

Im not real sure, most likely for play, although I could see my old man using it to haul corn, he has trouble with his legs after he drives a small cab KW so I doubt it ever gets worked.

Back