Truckers, lets see your rigs!

No that's Joplin Mo at GBATS.
And yes I work this truck. It's hard work to keep it clean but hey...

Well... now that, that's a wrap. Back to work we go.
9bcb12f5a9fdd73a29bc621bf0c999ec.jpg

ec94eb3d959a5fa9bbba1133f45b702a.jpg

Lol. Damn straight

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Speaking of truck drivers...
My transmission issue I told you about last night quit when I got loaded this morning but then popped back up. Idk what's going on.

So... we may only be making one trip in it and I'll go back to the freightliner.

Only thing I know for sure is if you clutch it... it quits. And under power I can't seem to hear it.

Likely something in the clutch itself, they like to break springs.

Only makes noise out of the throttle in o/d. If it's making it in direct, or anything under that, it's not loud enough for me to recognize it.

Only makes noise out of the throttle in o/d. If it's making it in direct, or anything under that, it's not loud enough for me to recognize it.
Might check ride height real quick, you'll usually hear it in every gear if that's the problem but it's easy to verify.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Might check ride height real quick, you'll usually hear it in every gear if that's the problem but it's easy to verify.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I know 2 people that have swapped transmissions because of a bad leveling valve.

Ride height is what we are messing with right now. I moved it up a half an inch and I think it may have made it better so I'm gonna give it another 1/4 inch and see.
This didn't appear till all this work so I'm sure it's actually something to do with the rear suspension.
It went from air leaf to flex air.

On edit, we measured off a new truck with flex air and it showed to be about a 1/2" inch low before we just went to moving crap.

The bulletin I was able to pull up from Pete showed 8.5" from bottom of the frame to the center of the axle. That's a hard measurement to get by yourself lol

Last edited:
Have to measure centre at front of axle an rear an get the middle because the axle will
Be a bit tipped.

Ya being up or down can cause some noise.

My dad and I swapped a 44,000 lb Freightliner suspension onto his Freightliner that had 40,000 lb suspension. Spring hangers, bag hangers, and torsion rods all stayed the same. We measured the drive shaft angles and axle spacings before and after. We set the 44,000 lb suspension up based on those measurements.

He ran it for a few weeks and noticed a vibration that he didn't have before. We checked the entire driveline and found nothing. He finally called Freightliner and got the appropriate ride height measurement, set his leveling valve there and it all went away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back