Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Iirc that's a glorified needle valve and couple tubes

Which control how fast fuel can come on...

Static timing is the biggest drawback between mechanical and electric engines

Unless your using Cat's timing advance on the B

None taken.

I've told drivers that ask me about my truck, when they ask why I turned it up... Its not that I want to go fast, I don't want to slow down for anything less than a 5% grade, traffic/curves excluded, at full weight

That is exactly why you'll never keep a truck together....

Your better off getting someone with background to have done what you want though. You can do alot of damage. Someone that knows what to do could most likely get you what you want much cheaper than a p-pump, without hurting your engine

Most likely go mechanical first then swap to electronic later... Cheaper faster to go mechanical..

From what I've gathered... The tuning and diagnostic software support is another 3-4000 bucks... being able to self tune diagnosis and repair saved me a **** ton of money last year

Most likely go mechanical first then swap to electronic later... Cheaper faster to go mechanical..

From what I've gathered... The tuning and diagnostic software support is another 3-4000 bucks... being able to self tune diagnosis and repair saved me a **** ton of money last year

Why spend the money twice? Why not delay the project a year or what ever it takes to get electric going? Going mechanical just to go electronic, you're going to just spend money to throw it away.

Why spend the money twice? Why not delay the project a year or what ever it takes to get electric going? Going mechanical just to go electronic, you're going to just spend money to throw it away.

I stand to loose more money with the ELD crap/micromanagement
Plus I'd like to have the truck up and running sooner rather than later

Last edited:
Might check and see if they're even capable of messing with you before you get too worried about it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I stand to loose more money with the ELD crap/micromanagement
Plus I'd like to have the truck up and running sooner rather than later

Then take out a loan if you can't afford to do it the way you want. Then it's done properly. That's just what I would do. Electronic motors can be made to run well. And when a bad batch of fuel is intrOduced you won't ruin an injection pump more than likely just injectors.

Then take out a loan if you can't afford to do it the way you want. Then it's done properly. That's just what I would do. Electronic motors can be made to run well. And when a bad batch of fuel is intrOduced you won't ruin an injection pump more than likely just injectors.

Money is cheap now. I wouldn't drain my account to save a little interest money.

Back