c645620c82bb73c9287bd75d3daca239.jpg

dfde8974c14e3cce560afd838bb481ff.jpg

Muh bad!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Swift driver strike again?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Swift driver strike again?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Story I heard, that drivers tore that truck up a bunch... heard he fell asleep this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a OR-6980 turbo on a 4mg motor right now. Have a new turbo from zach on the way. I cant find any info on this turbo and neither could a shop i even took it to. Does anyone have access to SIS web or have heard of this turbo? The shop said it looks awful small. The reason i ask is because i have been battling high heat issues and low manifold pressure since i got the truck. Pump has been gone through and timing, weights in advance are good.

I have a OR-6980 turbo on a 4mg motor right now. Have a new turbo from zach on the way. I cant find any info on this turbo and neither could a shop i even took it to. Does anyone have access to SIS web or have heard of this turbo? The shop said it looks awful small. The reason i ask is because i have been battling high heat issues and low manifold pressure since i got the truck. Pump has been gone through and timing, weights in advance are good.

By high heat you mean exhaust or water temperature?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a 110-6980, but its for a 3306. You sure it's not 6986?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sorry guys, typo its a or-6960. The exhaust temp gets hot,by hot i mean under a pull if i dont watch it, it will jump to 1100 post turbo. The mechanic at the shop it was at said the turbo is "just no good". Said they could place their hand over the charger and it would almost kill the truck and wouldnt even try to suck their hand in.

Looks like it's the 460hp 3406c turbo. I don't get what they mean by putting their hand over it? If it's not under load it's not going to do much. Is it a stock engine?

Looks like it's the 460hp 3406c turbo. I don't get what they mean by putting their hand over it? If it's not under load it's not going to do much. Is it a stock engine?

The pump has been tuned and it supposedly has the largest set of pencil nozzles in it. The gentleman that put them in wouldn't give me the part number. It will only pull 18 on the manifold gauge
d4b5ceffa5eb34b35eecfb61c7ba2f8c.jpg

Also just for $hits and giggles here is the truck. Had a thread for a build on it but lost everything when photobucket started their rampage

246f7075f98f469c20e6177ee94cda6b.jpg

That's weird. That turbo should be pretty good for a tuned b. Has the afc diaphragm been checked?

Yessir, the shop I just had it at said everything in the pump checked out. He advanced the timing just a touch he said. Made one load so far, not sure if it helped lower the pyro temps or it was just because it was getting cooler outside

I built the truck and have been working it for 4 or so months and it has been like this since i first got in it

Hard to tell I guess. I've never had a turbo fail like that bit I guess it could happen

He said the only thing that he could think of that could possibly be happening is the impeller could have started to melt on the exhaust side and not allowing the turbo to spool. They said they couldnt get it apart to look and didnt want to break anything.

Yeah, could have ate a bolt or something at one point and rolled the blades over too. I'm curious now

New turbo will be here Tuesday so I will tear this one off that evening

New turbo will be here Tuesday so I will tear this one off that evening

Be sure to get a couple bolts for the turbo from Cat before you start. You’ll likely break the original bolts off. Might be worth while to get an exhaust vband clamp, as well. Turbo should come with oil and exhaust gaskets.

Sure the charge air piping is good? Or your charge air cooler?

Edit: This is a 7FB so does it have an air to air cooler or a water jacketed cooler?

Last edited: