Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I've thought about doing a lift on these crossman trailer especially when I have less than 8k on the deck

Tires and brakes are the only savings unless it doesn’t lift high enough and they scuff.

It'll throw a little weight forward if you're stuck on ice too. I think I'm going to set my next trailer up to lift 1 and 3, I thought about all 3 so I could do it however I wanted but that seems like overkill lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

On one of my 4 axles I have lifts on the front 3 and have another lift kit for the 4th I haven’t been motivated enough to install. Lifting the 4th to help fit on scales but I have friends that do it in case of a flat. Hendrickson under beam lift is $300 and valve is around $100. Tire on the road is double that plus down time.

Neway lift is like $1600

Tires and brakes are the only savings unless it doesn’t lift high enough and they scuff.

On one of my 4 axles I have lifts on the front 3 and have another lift kit for the 4th I haven’t been motivated enough to install. Lifting the 4th to help fit on scales but I have friends that do it in case of a flat. Hendrickson under beam lift is $300 and valve is around $100. Tire on the road is double that plus down time.

Neway lift is like $1600
Everything I've been looking at has been intraax, which is the only reason I was even considering it. It'd be nice to lift the front 2 and get a little more weight ahead when it's empty on bad roads and itd be nice to lift the back 2 to get out of tight places, it'd shorten 10'1" so that would make a big difference.

Everything I've been looking at has been intraax, which is the only reason I was even considering it. It'd be nice to lift the front 2 and get a little more weight ahead when it's empty on bad roads and itd be nice to lift the back 2 to get out of tight places, it'd shorten 10'1" so that would make a big difference.

Depends on the trailer but most tri axles pivot in the centre when you turn so you’d only be gaining half the suspension length. Our lowbeds seem to track more to the rear axle which makes it even worse. Lifts are nice but they need to lift high enough like said so don’t destroy tires on bumps in hwy. less drag on hwy and less wear and tear on rubber and brakes. Can save money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Are these of any interest to anybody?

IMG_0014.jpg

If you want one you get all, make me an offer if interested.

Can you PM what models that Funk manual covers?

Thanks
Chris

Depends on the trailer but most tri axles pivot in the centre when you turn so you’d only be gaining half the suspension length. Our lowbeds seem to track more to the rear axle which makes it even worse. Lifts are nice but they need to lift high enough like said so don’t destroy tires on bumps in hwy. less drag on hwy and less wear and tear on rubber and brakes. Can save money.

Seen lift bags/axles plumbed two ways
1 suspension air (10-20psi) what most trailers run empty
2 system/tank air (100-125psi)

Seen auto lifts/drop that are combo setup, drops the lift axle when non lift axle goes over a set PSI in the suspension.

Seams like the suspension air wouldn't be enough to firmly plant the axle up and allow it to bounce especially with low trailers

It has a lot to do with what type of suspension. My flat has aant on the front axle and aanl on the liftable rear axle. If you go aant on both axles you save a ton of weight but can only lift in unloaded condition and even then the lift axle tires might scrub. Axle spread obviously plays a larger role. Having the front axle lift instead of rear works in your favor. I did a rear lift to get into my parents easier when i want to work on the trailer.

Seen lift bags/axles plumbed two ways

1 suspension air (10-20psi) what most trailers run empty

2 system/tank air (100-125psi)

Seen auto lifts/drop that are combo setup, drops the lift axle when non lift axle goes over a set PSI in the suspension.

Seams like the suspension air wouldn't be enough to firmly plant the axle up and allow it to bounce especially with low trailers

You want tank pressure to the lift bags.

My old 3 axle flat had a big arch so it always turned on the rear when it was empty, it also only had a 12" king pin so it pulled real long. I'd always talked about putting some bags between the frame and axle on the front so I could air it up to get turned around in some of these places.

Well I’ve been thinking long and hard on this as I’ve been being contacted about people wanting me to come drive for them... we haul mainly pet food products, as that’s where the only money in hoppers is. However people can call me crazy or stupid etc etc... here’s what I thinks coming.
Hopper bottoms are gonna die off in short order. Fertilizer and grain is gonna be the only use for them. Which if you aren’t in the know, is cheap arse freight.

Today finally made me decide this weekend I’m talking to my boss.
I woke up around the 7am area, got unloaded where I slept, left at 9, got fuel 15 minutes away, and drove ~2hours to my reload. Upon checking in, I’m gonna be at best, 5 hours from getting loaded.
Anyone wanna try and tell me how elogs are gonna work in this business? I simply cannot put it together and quite frankly, it has me very very worried as this is how I survive.

In the past week, I’ve got a tentative offer to pull dry van (drop and hook) for a very well established company with very nice equipment, and an offer to go pull a reefer.

Detention pay in the hopper world is damn near impossible to get. I’m just not seeing how this adds up for the driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well I’ve been thinking long and hard on this as I’ve been being contacted about people wanting me to come drive for them... we haul mainly pet food products, as that’s where the only money in hoppers is. However people can call me crazy or stupid etc etc... here’s what I thinks coming.
Hopper bottoms are gonna die off in short order. Fertilizer and grain is gonna be the only use for them. Which if you aren’t in the know, is cheap arse freight.

Today finally made me decide this weekend I’m talking to my boss.
I woke up around the 7am area, got unloaded where I slept, left at 9, got fuel 15 minutes away, and drove ~2hours to my reload. Upon checking in, I’m gonna be at best, 5 hours from getting loaded.
Anyone wanna try and tell me how elogs are gonna work in this business? I simply cannot put it together and quite frankly, it has me very very worried as this is how I survive.

In the past week, I’ve got a tentative offer to pull dry van (drop and hook) for a very well established company with very nice equipment, and an offer to go pull a reefer.

Detention pay in the hopper world is damn near impossible to get. I’m just not seeing how this adds up for the driver.

Unless it's AG and exempt, I don't know how it will work.

Running wide loads like we do, it really won't affect us but a couple times a month probably when trying to get home empty after dropping a load, so we'll just have to see.

We're already trying to decide how this will go, and whether we need to find a 99 379 to replace the 2014 389 glider we have now...

Chris

Unless it's AG and exempt, I don't know how it will work.

Running wide loads like we do, it really won't affect us but a couple times a month probably when trying to get home empty after dropping a load, so we'll just have to see.

We're already trying to decide how this will go, and whether we need to find a 99 379 to replace the 2014 389 glider we have now...

Chris

Assuming the glider has a 6NZ?

I’m just trying to look out for me and my wife and I simply don’t know which way to go in order to keep surviving.

Mr BRE im going to suggest you look at companies that have been on ELD for a while. They will have worked with their customers and either get detention or simply drop them.

And dont forget the number of drivers that will be out of work due to not being able to make ends meet with elogs, as well as the companies that go under as they were making their margin on you know what...

Typical story of supply and demand. Would hate to be a trucker right now.

Yea... I have no clue what to do.

And dont forget the number of drivers that will be out of work due to not being able to make ends meet with elogs, as well as the companies that go under as they were making their margin on you know what...

If you cant make a decent living on an ELD please go do something else you are working too cheap!

Assuming the glider has a 6NZ?

I’m just trying to look out for me and my wife and I simply don’t know which way to go in order to keep surviving.

Yes, 2000 model 6NZ.

We're basically going to tell our driver to find a "truckstop ELD" that he thinks he will be able to use, and we'll go from there. Until we get busted, we're going to try and fly under the radar, but still attempt to be compliant.

Our driver is lucky that he's paid a base salary, then a mileage "bonus" on top. I doubt ELD will affect him or us much, maybe a few thousand miles a year. On 80-90K for the driver, that's not really much on our end. He's not able to get big miles anyway running wide and having to sit 14+ hours a day all winter.

Chris

If you cant make a decent living on an ELD please go do something else you are working too cheap!

That doesn’t always fit... we refuse 110% to work cheap. It’s the sitting to unload/load that ruins us.

Back