Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Those industries had FIVE YEARS advanced notice

Yeah, and 5 years hoping that our politicians we voted for would try and do something about it. WTF does that matter? 95% of small fleets weren't going to do ELD until forced to, just like we weren't. Still won't for all of our trucks but one, because they aren't run that often.

Chris

Yeah, and 5 years hoping that our politicians we voted for would try and do something about it. WTF does that matter? 95% of small fleets weren't going to do ELD until forced to, just like we weren't. Still won't for all of our trucks but one, because they aren't run that often.

Chris

Im not sure what you mean, it was your politicians that passed it 5 years ago.

Why are they not considered the same? Nothing cheaper than generating zero revenue.

You flat bed guys don’t get it... they can only load and unload product so fast at these feed mills/plants. What did you want them to do? Rebuild every pet food and animal food plant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Im not sure what you mean, it was your politicians that passed it 5 years ago.

So just because it was passed 5 years ago doesn't mean there hasn't been any change in political climate or players, and there's no chance of any change?

What is the BSFC of your average politician? Maybe that's the language you speak?

You flat bed guys don’t get it... they can only load and unload product so fast at these feed mills/plants. What did you want them to do? Rebuild every pet food and animal food plant?

Exactly...Camp Cargill down the road here is an ELD driver's worst nightmare. Not the same as unloading a dozen train wheels with a crane...Some product only flows out the chute so fast...

Chris

Last edited:

I get it! We get 90% of our inventory on a flatbed or curtain side from suppliers that are 100+ miles away. This is going to be an effing nightmare not only for us but our customers waiting on inventory to complete jobs so they can get paid, to pay us, and for them to survive. I'm predicting his is going to a huge fuster cluck and it's not going to be pretty.

I would also hate to be someone that hauls to a Walmart D/C or store on a regular basis.

They had 5 years to address wait times. The only reason they didnt before that is because you guys let them. Theres plenty of options, you only named one of them.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

So just because it was passed 5 years ago doesn't mean there hasn't been any change in political climate or players, and there's no chance of any change?

What is the BSFC of your average politician? Maybe that's the language you speak?

Exactly...Camp Cargill down the road here is an ELD driver's worst nightmare. Not the same as unloading a dozen train wheels with a crane...Some product only flows out the chute so fast...

Chris
What change? It was the republicans that passed map 21 in congress. Presidential executive orders can only do so much and one of the things they cant do is override congress

Funny you mention the choo choo wheels. Normally takes 45-60 minutes to unload and reload all said and done but today theres production issues. Arrived in town last night i dont get my load until after 4. But you know what? They pay enough that I couldnt care less i need a break anyways.

Last edited:
They had 5 years to address wait times. The only reason they didnt before that is because you guys let them. Theres plenty of options, you only named one of them.

They don’t give a phuck about the wait times. Not their problem.
You think you understand everything.

They don’t give a phuck about the wait times. Not their problem.
You think you understand everything.

The market will change that. Ive seen it!

Good luck with that!

Good luck? Its already happened. Less wait times, more detention pay, I know of several customers that were dropped because their needs couldnt be met with ELDs or they simply had too much wait time. One completely changed the way their shipping operated. They used to be regularly 8-10 hours to get loaded now its usually under an hour and we get a dollar a minute past 2 hours.

You really are ignorant aren’t you, go hook to a hopper and tell a multi million dollar corporation that they need to rebuild a grain system that works and they will laugh at you, people are not going to rebuild facilities unless they need to and for them this isn’t a need.

You really are ignorant aren’t you, go hook to a hopper and tell a multi million dollar corporation that they need to rebuild a grain system that works and they will laugh at you, people are not going to rebuild facilities unless they need to and for them this isn’t a need.
Again theres more than one way to improve things.

Good luck? Its already happened. Less wait times, more detention pay, I know of several customers that were dropped because their needs couldnt be met with ELDs or they simply had too much wait time. One completely changed the way their shipping operated. They used to be regularly 8-10 hours to get loaded now its usually under an hour and we get a dollar a minute past 2 hours.

Maybe for you looking out the windshield of your truck. In the summer months I bet I watch 20+ inbound trucks roll through our gate where I work and I would wager they sit for 15-20 max while we unload them and check the load in. Come sit in my chair with 100+ employees that need a paycheck and an average inventory of $3,000,000.00+ sitting on the ground and tell me what your point of view is. The closest one of our 6 yards is 50 miles away and takes about an hour and 10 minutes by truck and the furthest is almost 3 hours away by truck.

I am very worried about what this ELD BS is going to do

Again theres more than one way to improve things.

How so? The trucking industry has more freight than it knows what to do with and not enough drivers to move it. And the rail industry isn't to far behind in that respect.

We have a hard time finding drivers that are able to pass a D.O.T physical and drug test.

Maybe for you looking out the windshield of your truck. In the summer months I bet I watch 20+ inbound trucks roll through our gate where I work and I would wager they sit for 15-20 max while we unload them and check the load in. Come sit in my chair with 100+ employees that need a paycheck and an average inventory of $3,000,000.00+ sitting on the ground and tell me what your point of view is. The closest one of our 6 yards is 50 miles away and takes about an hour and 10 minutes by truck and the furthest is almost 3 hours away by truck.

I am very worried about what this ELD BS is going to do
Worrying is pointless. Act dont react. The companies that are already on ELD and have been for a while this won't be an issue. Those *****ing, moaning about and waiting until the last week to be complaint or to ask the hard questions will be left in the dust.

Our fleet is 100% oo in various divisions. Dry van, flat bed, expedited ltl flatbed, specialized. They asked for volunteers years ago a few changed with financial incentive. Hard date became june this past year you shouldve heard the complaining! Im gonna retire! Im gonna quit! In the end out of 200 oos not a single one did because of ELD.

Now they pay their mileage guys detention and for 34 hour reset on the road.

How so? The trucking industry has more freight than it knows what to do with and not enough drivers to move it. And the rail industry isn't to far behind in that respect.

We have a hard time finding drivers that are able to pass a D.O.T physical and drug test.
So what changes have you made?