Truckers, lets see your rigs!

You might be the guy to ask, any idea what this trailer is for? Friend sent me the pic, about 30+ft long and only 4’ wide.
7d5beab4ea9d381f7f87acc03f751dc5.jpg

Pipe.. sheet metal..

Seen guys having similar Trailer for sheet metal car ports.. trusses are usually carriered upside down.. have removable riggers to support the lower end of the trusses..

OK, something newish....

Anyone able to obtain a build sheet for a Kenworth? Trying to figure out which engine and transmission are in a truck, and the guy has no idea...trying to save myself a wasted trip.

Chris

OK, something newish....

Anyone able to obtain a build sheet for a Kenworth? Trying to figure out which engine and transmission are in a truck, and the guy has no idea...trying to save myself a wasted trip.

Chris

What year? Cody just got one from like 1977 so......

I got it...Cincinati's parts guy hooked me up with the particulars I needed.

Who would you guys recommend to stretch or shorten a frame around here...
Chris

With all this PreCooler talk, I got one in the shop now that's comin off, oddly the 2 preformed hoses and the small surge line had let go during the cold spell we had here a couple weeks ago. The owner said they were rock hard when he first started it, but the rest of the coolant lines were normal. I phucked with it all day tryin to get it to build pressure in the system. Got nothin. Manually pressurize it up. Doesn't drop. Wtf

What exactly are you wanting to do?

Trying to replace our FL80 with something we can stand to ride in. Found some 335's and T300's that are close to what we want except they're all too long or way too short.

We'd also take a decent day cab and make it single axle, but day cab trucks are stupid priced if they're decent.

Basically, I need enough frame for a headache rack, knuckle boom crane, and a 9' bed we have. We use it to drag equipment around, and hopefully we can pull the GN with it....the FL80 has tons of power now that I swapped in the 5.9, but SUCKS to drive since it's a Freightliner and the cab is falling apart.

So, exactly, we'll need to most likely shorten a frame and move up the axle, and possibly swap a spring ride axle for an air ride.

Chris

Last edited:
Trying to replace our FL80 with something we can stand to ride in. Found some 335's and T300's that are close to what we want except they're all too long or way too short.

We'd also take a decent day cab and make it single axle, but day cab trucks are stupid priced if they're decent.

Basically, I need enough frame for a headache rack, knuckle boom crane, and a 9' bed we have. We use it to drag equipment around, and hopefully we can pull the GN with it....the FL80 has tons of power now that I swapped in the 5.9, but SUCKS to drive since it's a Freightliner and the cab is falling apart.

Chris

Oh just buy a box truck and shorten it. Roll axle forward and drill. Just watch if you get an Allison not all have pto option in the case. 24’ box trucks are a dime a dozen.

So, exactly, we'll need to most likely shorten a frame and move up the axle, and possibly swap a spring ride axle for an air ride.

Chris

What is a good price range? There’s been some trucks down here going up for sale recently. I could keep an eye out if I knew how deep your pockets were.

Good clean Pete/KW will run easy 50% more than frieghtliner/International for same class truck, and cabs on the Pete/kw suck for space

Good clean Pete/KW will run easy 50% more than frieghtliner/International for same class truck, and cabs on the Pete/kw suck for space
There is a reason. Who needs the space unless your trying to raise a family of 4 in the thing? I drove a daycab forever, other than a coat I can't think of much I needed to carry.

Truckpaper is full of box trucks 2012-2013 under $50k and the boxes can be used for storage or sold. Higher mileage ones are in the $20's

Last edited:
First two hotshot trucks I ran.. red one, 99 C3500HD, was the 1st, from 2012-2017
I've driven day cab 379/W9s they have less cab space than a RC pickup does.. I know Chris has broader shoulders than I do.... It's not hard to fill that cab up even on an over night run especially in the winter

1932286_10204297061320243_3255479226597357446_n.jpg

First two hotshot trucks I ran.. red one, 99 C3500HD, was the 1st, from 2012-2017
I've driven day cab 379/W9s they have less cab space than a RC pickup does.. I know Chris has broader shoulders than I do.... It's not hard to fill that cab up even on an over night run especially in the winter

1932286_10204297061320243_3255479226597357446_n.jpg

You must pack way more stuff than the average bear. I took one small backpack to FL last week with 3 changes of clothes and a coat. I carried insulated coveralls in my daycab either behind or under the passenger seat and still had room for a sub box between the seats and laptop stand. I can’t imagine packing more than that for an overnight trip in a MD truck. Hell throw the crap in a plastic bin on the deck.

I’ll take the cab size of a front discharge concrete mixer vs the cab rattles and leaks of a FL or anything made by IH.

They only have to make it through warranty.
Screw mission criticality.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
They aren't even getting that done. Local company had 60 isx' s out of a fleet of 120 trucks, not one made it out of warranty without an overhaul. Cummins hired a mobile guy just to work at their shop and take care of warranty work.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Oh just buy a box truck and shorten it. Roll axle forward and drill. Just watch if you get an Allison not all have pto option in the case. 24’ box trucks are a dime a dozen.

That's basically the plan, and doing the work is easily something we can do, but we've been so damn busy for the last 6 months I wouldn't have time to do it. We'll see. Thanks for the heads up on the Allison PTO though, that would have SUCKED!

What is a good price range? There’s been some trucks down here going up for sale recently. I could keep an eye out if I knew how deep your pockets were.

Preferably under $20K and under 300K miles if possible...we'd go more for the right truck. HAS to be a Cummins/Paccar...or a Cat other than a 3126/C7.

I have 2 Freightliners, NEVER again. IH would be fine except I don't want to buy a new body style truck since they're the same junk ass electronics as a Freightliner, and the old body/interior is the same from the mid 80's to 2002 and we're looking for something we can stand to ride in.

There is a reason. Who needs the space unless your trying to raise a family of 4 in the thing? I drove a daycab forever, other than a coat I can't think of much I needed to carry.

Truckpaper is full of box trucks 2012-2013 under $50k and the boxes can be used for storage or sold. Higher mileage ones are in the $20's

Honestly, we'd probably be better off with a shortened big truck, since I know how we'll load it...but I think a 300-340hp 8.3L will drag the trailer good enough to keep up with traffic.

Chris