Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I’ll take the cab size of a front discharge concrete mixer vs the cab rattles and leaks of a FL or anything made by IH.

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

I missed that....Yes, we're absolutely tired of that. Our FL80 has 250K on it, and the M2 has 130K and you can't hardly stand to drive them anymore. We spend on average $4K a year on the brakes or electronics on the M@ just to keep it on the road...another 4 years we can pay for a better truck!

We've had Pete's and KW's over 1.5 million and while they weren't like a new one, they definitely rattled way less, and drove way better than the FL's. I guess the M2 drives nice, but the electronics kill anything else we like about it. Has the little 6.6L MBE 900 engine that I love, but the rest of the truck ruins that.

Chris

I’d like to see someone play with a DPF C7, no more HEUI, fill common rail, be really nice once deleted.

I’d like to see someone play with a DPF C7, no more HEUI, fill common rail, be really nice once deleted.

I've thought about that, Faulkner said they can be tuned...Just not sure if it would have any @$$....the 3126 we had was a running SOB one day, and a gutless turd the next...NO codes ever thrown. Never could find the problem for the inconsistency, so I swapped in an ISB and never looked back.

Chris

12hrs to go 130 miles yesterday... said screw it, I’m going home and I’ll try again tomorrow... made it less than the length of the truck and broke my emergency side air line to the trailer turning outta the drive way.
It’s gonna be a good week. I can tell...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Friend of mine fixing rattles and seams.. in his FL 70. Probably too much work for some...
Too each his own

a0374d2b7aea7b141c178e6c9f917875.jpg

37c7f82f1e4d0306626c527010ab0616.jpg

499913c6cfc350dae444c5e3fba44249.jpg

They aren't even getting that done. Local company had 60 isx' s out of a fleet of 120 trucks, not one made it out of warranty without an overhaul. Cummins hired a mobile guy just to work at their shop and take care of warranty work.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
It was sarcasm? ?
One of my good friends is being *****d to a fleet by paccar.

Speaking of early hour Failures, what do you guys know about the DD15 and 13 in terms of common failures?
I have 3 new western stars in the lot for sale and none of us know anything about them yet.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

With all this PreCooler talk, I got one in the shop now that's comin off, oddly the 2 preformed hoses and the small surge line had let go during the cold spell we had here a couple weeks ago. The owner said they were rock hard when he first started it, but the rest of the coolant lines were normal. I phucked with it all day tryin to get it to build pressure in the system. Got nothin. Manually pressurize it up. Doesn't drop. Wtf
I put coolant in a C13 Friday that wouldn't push coolant out the shunt on top of the cooler, and wouldn't push air out of the open lines with pressure applied.

The only problem we've had from the long block is the rocker arms coke and stop cooling the injectors. We've had a few that the injector cups let go not long after an injector swap.

Everything else is emissions related failures.
The injection pumps seem to leak after about 100k and subsequent codes/performance issues thereafter.

I've thought about that, Faulkner said they can be tuned...Just not sure if it would have any @$$....the 3126 we had was a running SOB one day, and a gutless turd the next...NO codes ever thrown. Never could find the problem for the inconsistency, so I swapped in an ISB and never looked back.

Chris
That's about right. They all need HEUI parts, or a fuel regulator.

C13's are the same way, some are slugs and some are race trucks.

My friend s small fleet back when feed was good up here

Attachments

• 11040949_1639638436275445_8127602806957563587_n.jpg
    11040949_1639638436275445_8127602806957563587_n.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 0
:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

I missed that....Yes, we're absolutely tired of that. Our FL80 has 250K on it, and the M2 has 130K and you can't hardly stand to drive them anymore. We spend on average $4K a year on the brakes or electronics on the M@ just to keep it on the road...another 4 years we can pay for a better truck!

Not sure if you're past this point or not but you would be amazed at what a couple of days worth of work and some vibration dampener/sound deadener would do for the shakes/rattles/cab noise.

Chris

How big does the truck need to be to have Faulkner put a C18 in it? Or do you have any bigger engines to try? Thinking you do, but they're too big for a truck!

It was sarcasm? ?
One of my good friends is being *****d to a fleet by paccar.

Speaking of early hour Failures, what do you guys know about the DD15 and 13 in terms of common failures?
I have 3 new western stars in the lot for sale and none of us know anything about them yet.

The best US made engine at the moment. Or partially made in USA..

Volvo D12, maybe the best electronic engine ever made. D12C Euro 2 especially, no aftertreatment, timing more advanced than Euro 3.

Oh FFS... gtfo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro