Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Maybe one of you guys can explain this? His stack is turned in so it goes on his own cab.

IMG_20130527_182119_382.jpg

Clamp holding the stack came loose so it just vibrates in circles while your driving.

Almost forgot, I got the driveline dropped out of my W900. I can say that I will never buy a truck again that has had a detroit in it.

null_zps5b367289.jpg

null_zpsa15d3c20.jpg

null_zpsa1f9cd7d.jpg

null_zps51282793.jpg

Its sweating horsepower or marking its territory. Whichever makes you happier. I've never known a detroit that didn't leak oil even from brand new.

Clamp holding the stack came loose so it just vibrates in circles while your driving.

Kinda like the Rodney Carrington "helicopter?" LOL

NSFW!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF25C6v4kwc"]Rodney Carrington - Helicopter - YouTube[/ame]

Its sweating horsepower or marking its territory. Whichever makes you happier. I've never known a detroit that didn't leak oil even from brand new.

But you talk about an engine that'll run like a scalded dog and get better fuel mileage than anything else on the road when the wick's turned up!!!

But you talk about an engine that'll run like a scalded dog and get better fuel mileage than anything else on the road when the wick's turned up!!!

Thats not a serious statement is it?

I had a silver 475 that ran well bobtail, it would turn 3400rpm and had the rack tuned up pretty well, it got 4mpg, and wouldnt out pull a stock 400 BC.

It isnt even in the same ballpark as the caterpillars from that era.

Tiger tools makes a nice joint press. Pricey though.

From my Not-So-Smart phone

Tiger tool joint press is the only one we use on highway trucks.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Thats not a serious statement is it?

I had a silver 475 that ran well bobtail, it would turn 3400rpm and had the rack tuned up pretty well, it got 4mpg, and wouldnt out pull a stock 400 BC.

It isnt even in the same ballpark as the caterpillars from that era.

I hope he's talking about the series60. Then I would agree with that statement.

Get an old timer that really knows how to make an 8V or a 12V sing and you'd need a well tuned clankerpillar to scare em on a hill though.....but then by the top of the hill the 8V would be out of oil and the 12V would need a new crank LOL

Ah those 2strokes aren't even in the same league as a jammed up series60.

But there's a sled puller here in Alberta that built and operates a '66 Kenworth sled truck with an obscene 12v71 and Allison called The Big Red Express. He used a lot of fuel system parts off a 149. No governor. Hand built intake. Last time I talked to him at a pull he was estimating 2500hp. But it's never been on a dyno. Wicked little truck. Awesome to watch.

That means nothing to me. I am here for the pics. My knowledge of Semis is limited. I did learn to drive in an 86 KW, Had a Cummins motor, would know it if I heard it.

I hope he's talking about the series60. Then I would agree with that statement.

I'm sorry, I was definitely talkin about a 60 series. I thought when I mentioned fuel mileage that that would automatically omit the old two strokes. They're bad @ss motors not doubt, but they'll kill you trying to keep oil and fuel in em!!!

Ya never can be sure though, there are some people out there that say that they will pull down to 1200rpm and lug like a CAT.