Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Mr. T what is this reistor mod?? dont have a big bore cat, yet, but just curious

Resistor goes in the fuel temp sensor and tells the ECM that the fuel is hot all the time, Cats compensate for hot fuel by upping the rate. On a 2 wire fuel temp sensor you can just unplug it and jump the contacts with the resistor, it should be on top of the fuel filter housing. 150 ohm 1/8 watt resistor.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

More info? :bang LOL

Resistor goes in the fuel temp sensor and tells the ECM that the fuel is hot all the time, Cats compensate for hot fuel by upping the rate. On a 2 wire fuel temp sensor you can just unplug it and jump the contacts with the resistor, it should be on top of the fuel filter housing. 150 ohm 1/8 watt resistor.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
What he said^^^^^

The fuel temp resistor (150ohm) makes the ECM think the fuel is 160*. Like the others have said it's worth about 50hp......until the fuel actually gets hot. With trucks with a single tank or low fuel level this doesn't take long. But it's the cheapest 50hp you'll get. I think a 10 pack of resistors are like $2:hehe:

Search YouTube for a C18, there is a couple videos of a silage chopper that they transplanted a 18 into, it sounds good but different, I think it has the split manifold twin charger setup.

I did a full out of frame rebuild of a chipper with a mechanical 3412 in it that had twin turbos when I worked at CSI. That thing would eat anything and as fast as you could feed it. I think the engine had 10,000 hours on it so they just rebuilt before it let go.

this is our old '73 that out on the farm, has a strong running bc400 and a 13sp.. it makes 27psi so someone buttoned it up in the past.. she oral pretty good too... lol
[ame="http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/Adam_Sprague/media/farming/20130525_144749_zps46249fcd.jpg.html"]20130525_144749_zps46249fcd.jpg Photo by Adam_Sprague | Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:
The fuel temp resistor (150ohm) makes the ECM think the fuel is 160*. Like the others have said it's worth about 50hp......until the fuel actually gets hot. With trucks with a single tank or low fuel level this doesn't take long. But it's the cheapest 50hp you'll get. I think a 10 pack of resistors are like $2:hehe:

my truck only has one 100-120 gal tank...be interesting to try but the bossman does the maintenence on all the trucks. :bang

He'd never know unless you didn't dummy the plug back in the socket

:D I do what I can, or before you take it in for a service just pop it out. It literally takes the same amount of time as checking the oil

:D I do what I can, or before you take it in for a service just pop it out. It literally takes the same amount of time as checking the oil

My truck is the sole truck that gets parked at the shop every night. :eek: LOL

The rest are run out of a quarry and are left there everynight.

I saw on Trucker Report that people kept saying engine mounted fuel filter, the only fuel filter I've seen on this one is drivers side frame rail under the firewall.

Find your priming pump, there's a plug with two wires coming out, unplug it
ejy6esy7.jpg

Take your resistor and fold the legs like shown, make sure to double the legs back on themselves or you won't get a good connection
ysanynab.jpg

Plug it in like shown
u2yduju8.jpg

Black tape the plug to keep it from making contact with the sensor
umurysy5.jpg

Dummy the plug back into the sensor and you're done.
a4aqu3eq.jpg

Enjoy your instant 50hp

Thanks I know exactly where it's at now, boss man showed me that primer last week. Said some times on a long weekend I might have to use it where my truck sits on a slope.

Sent from the command position of my dinosaur.

Back