Tuning Twins

Cool im gunna try it. 55 - 60 huh? Whats the max boost a setup like mine would make? 150's, hrvp, and a quad for fueling.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Can't see your signature.. No telling though, the more fuel you pour to it the more boost your gonna get i.e. your tune and available fuel will determine boost.. do ya have head studs? What's your egts, and DP like @ your max boost?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Dont think i made a sig yet just been lurking around. Studs and o-ringed head, egts are around 1300 no dp gauge yet. 55psi max so far. It pulls extremely hard after about 1800 rpm. Its down low thats my concern it blacks out the sun. I think it shouldnt and my guess is the secondary in not seeing enough exhaust. No boost leaks ( i checked 2 days ago). Hope to have gauges shortly which is really going to take the guess work out. Just trying to get it more streetable till then.

Dont think i made a sig yet just been lurking around. Studs and o-ringed head, egts are around 1300 no dp gauge yet. 55psi max so far. It pulls extremely hard after about 1800 rpm. Its down low thats my concern it blacks out the sun. I think it shouldnt and my guess is the secondary in not seeing enough exhaust. No boost leaks ( i checked 2 days ago). Hope to have gauges shortly which is really going to take the guess work out. Just trying to get it more streetable till then.

Not to derail the thread (PM me if ness.)

I've got an SRT gauge piller w/ handle...And three gauges for sale..

DiPricol RP, 60 PSI, and a 100 PSI... Was on my old truck...used for total and primary boost... Plus the rail gauge...

Interested...PM me... You'll need 10 post before you can PM though..

Just bought this truck yesterday.
Source Auto Kit. 64/65/13 over S475 (74.6/96/1.32)

Not really sure what this set / setup should be making really.
Once I get with Rich at Dog House Diesel and get this thing on the dyno.
He's going to really tune it perfectly. For now He'd just sent his nitrous tune file to the previous owner just so he'd have something to run. It's a big smokier that it should be ( extra fuel for the nos obviously) and lower timing I'm sure.

I would assume, tuned perfectly and those valves removed as well as the gate adjusted to make the secondary work harder, I'd think they'd make 60-70 psi for sure...

Im curious to hear more about how this setup works for ya. I have a 64/65/13ss and a s475 1.10 ordered which are going on my 12v...

I had the same problem with my s 300 spring gate. Stiffer spring from ace hardware and a jam nut seems to be working. I'm still tuning on it so I might have to go stiffer still.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

What's your set-up and how heavy is that spring? I saw 50psi total boostand just saw the primary at 20psi before I had to let out. Still more Toni g, bu it's getting there. I don't have a DP Gauge though.

Super b over 475/83-74/1.10. I'm not sure how heavy the spring is, I just dug around the bin until I found one that was heavier. Total boost is near 80 psi with 30 ish out if the 75 but I think I have a boost leak somewhere, I just haven't had a chance to check. Drive is around 90.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Im curious to hear more about how this setup works for ya. I have a 64/65/13ss and a s475 1.10 ordered which are going on my 12v...

They spool fairly quick...
I think my 475 is larger though.. I was "Told" it was a 74.6/96/1.32

Talking with another memeber that uses this same Secondary with an s488 (billet wheel)....No external gate... 1000 HP worth of air....

I like this Idea... small secondary for getting lit / daily / towing (although I have no need to tow with the 07) and a LARGE Primary for the flow..

If I can get them adjusted to make the secondary work more, I think this current set will HAUL the mail....

I need to get busy and buy a boost elbow or heavier springs or something...AFTER I block off those valves and make sure they're not leaking..

Last edited:
Does any one know if I can support a HX40 over HT3B compuonds on stock sticks with just pump mods. I have a 94 P-pumped 12V.
Thanks

swole, just take a pair of vice grips and pinch off the wastegate hose for a blip of the throttle. you will most likely make over 70psi but you will have much cooler egts and more power. you should try it and i garantee your primary overall psi will go down but total boost will be up. will make a good test 4 video.

They spool fairly quick...
I think my 475 is larger though.. I was "Told" it was a 74.6/96/1.32

Talking with another memeber that uses this same Secondary with an s488 (billet wheel)....No external gate... 1000 HP worth of air....

I like this Idea... small secondary for getting lit / daily / towing (although I have no need to tow with the 07) and a LARGE Primary for the flow..

If I can get them adjusted to make the secondary work more, I think this current set will HAUL the mail....

I need to get busy and buy a boost elbow or heavier springs or something...AFTER I block off those valves and make sure they're not leaking..

"AFE" Has a nice 40lb. Spring Waste Gate Actuator.. No creep!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

swole, just take a pair of vice grips and pinch off the wastegate hose for a blip of the throttle. you will most likely make over 70psi but you will have much cooler egts and more power. you should try it and i garantee your primary overall psi will go down but total boost will be up. will make a good test 4 video.

Good idea!! Thank you!

I will do this and shoot a vid for this thread...
Unfortunately I'll have to wait til Fri or the weekend when I'm off.
I'm on duty all night and tmrw night.

"AFE" Has a nice 40lb. Spring Waste Gate Actuator.. No creep!

Good deal!! Will look into it.

Thinking i may not have enough fuel for my setup. With the wastgate wired shut i still only make 55-60 psi total. If i gradually throttle the truck it will make a nice smoke free acceleration. If i just hammer down its just rolls coal and doesnt spool. Any thought?

Thinking i may not have enough fuel for my setup. With the wastgate wired shut i still only make 55-60 psi total. If i gradually throttle the truck it will make a nice smoke free acceleration. If i just hammer down its just rolls coal and doesnt spool. Any thought?

You need to roll into it, not hammer it. You will flood the charger. What's your box on when driving?

I think my heavier spring is helping. Today I saw 55psi and around 19psi with no electronics, and 67psi and and 23psi with the box on level 3 w/1400* EGT.

You need to roll into it, not hammer it. You will flood the charger. What's your box on when driving?

:banghead: ha-ha was kinda thinking it was my driving style. But wasn't 100% sure. I run the quad on 5 - 10 with a custom tune 5 timing, 1600 pump stretch, 30 boost.

:banghead: ha-ha was kinda thinking it was my driving style. But wasn't 100% sure. I run the quad on 5 - 10 with a custom tune 5 timing, 1600 pump stretch, 30 boost.

Yeah with heavy fueling, you usually need 10 psi or so before hammering on it.

Didn't think i was heavily fueled. Tried to go conservative to decrease smoke. Although i know there a balancing act with this. Ill keep playing with it.

Well with the box off I wouldn't consider it heavy fuel, but on yes. Also depending on hard hard the quad fuels.

Okay, I just did this!

DAY-UM!!

Yup the total boost shot up to 70+ on a 4th (locked up) roll on.

Tell me though.. How are my splits now?? Are they too far off?
I'm I working the secondary too hard now??

Reminder : 64/65/13 over S475 (74.6/96/1.32)

Total boost id hitting 70+ ish
Primary is now only making 25-26 ish...

What say you oh turbo gods???

Video in a few..

Last edited:
Heres one vid of it going through the gears.
When it locks it shoots to 75 ish total, 30 ish Primary..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTTfcYaTrWs"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]