Tuning Twins

This ones just rolling into it in 4th (locked)

70 ish & 26 ish from the primary

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkjJqw6UA18"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Then I loosened the clamp a bit trying to get them to 50/50 and it went back to almost normal.. Gonna be hard to tune with vise grips..

Total went back to 61-63 ish and primary made almost 40.

Should I leave it just clamped off totally?? Making 70-75 with the primary only making 25-30??

Advice please... Thanks folks.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtgyCylH1UM"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Swole,

According to my calculations you shouldn't be working the secondary too hard.

I came out with around 17 psi for the little guy.

Someone else can check so that I'm not wrong! I could be!

Ok, can someone refresh my memory? I have read this thread 4 times, but I can't find how to configure how to see what the secondary is doing.

Swole, I honestly think you can work the secondary a little harder, how's it run time wise, any more power?

Then I loosened the clamp a bit trying to get them to 50/50 and it went back to almost normal.. Gonna be hard to tune with vise grips..

Total went back to 61-63 ish and primary made almost 40.

Should I leave it just clamped off totally?? Making 70-75 with the primary only making 25-30??

Advice please... Thanks folks.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
30-32 is the peak boost for your 75. So you should be good david.

Id get a spring gate from nathan and tune like you want.

Ok, can someone refresh my memory? I have read this thread 4 times, but I can't find how to configure how to see what the secondary is doing.

Swole, I honestly think you can work the secondary a little harder, how's it run time wise, any more power?
Its here somewhere, 1st few pages I thought.....

Seat of pants tells me it's making some more power for sure :)

Clamped totally off like it is and the splits like they are, as long as I'm not over working the secondary or spiking my DP too high, I'm going to leave it..

It feels good this way. Can't wait to wire up a lock up switch and hit the 1/4 mile track... I betting on 11.50's at least..

30-32 is the peak boost for your 75. So you should be good david.

Id get a spring gate from nathan and tune like you want.

30-32 is about max I'm seeing outta that 475, so I think I may just be right in the ball park.

Thanks man!!

I may get a spring gate from nathan like you said.. But this seems to be workin good.

82d97b9e.jpg

Swole don't bother with the spring gate. Keep what you got and the absolutely easiest thing to do is get a 70 dollar in the cab boost controller from turbo smart. It just tees into the line you clamped off and goes to a adjustable valve you mount in the cab. All the way open it let's all the air threw to your facory gate. Close it and it vents that air which bypasses the gate like you have now. Very nice piece and super fine running ability. Your ratios for the secondary are nothing right now lol. I can guarantee your wot egts are also lower while the line is clamped as well. The harder you work the secondary the more power you will see and lower egts. I bed at 70psi your right at 1 to 1 boost drive pressure.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Swole don't bother with the spring gate. Keep what you got and the absolutely easiest thing to do is get a 70 dollar in the cab boost controller from turbo smart. It just tees into the line you clamped off and goes to a adjustable valve you mount in the cab. All the way open it let's all the air threw to your facory gate. Close it and it vents that air which bypasses the gate like you have now. Very nice piece and super fine running ability. Your ratios for the secondary are nothing right now lol. I can guarantee your wot egts are also lower while the line is clamped as well. The harder you work the secondary the more power you will see and lower egts. I bed at 70psi your right at 1 to 1 boost drive pressure.

BOOST CONTROLLERS

The incab is nice cause you can tune from the drivers seat. That's what I got. Very simple and super efficient

Awesome!! Thanks Brother!!

I do like how it runs with it like this.. It's freakin Strong!

Whats awesome is I have slightly smaller turbos and smaller injectors by a good bit, and with EFI it's feeling Very close to the Interceptors power.

:)

Another option is to use a small regulator as a boost controller, lower pressure equals higher boost. And you can locate it in cab if you wish. $15-20, my 2 cents.

Using a gate source in between the top and bottom charger. Will delay gate opening till there is primary pressure.

Using a gate source in between the top and bottom charger. Will delay gate opening till there is primary pressure.

Not opposed to that at all (for the perfect setup) but given my history, I'm just tickled silly that it's running so well and hasn't blown up yet.. LOL

It's just a street / strip toy and I DO NOT want to spend all my time working on it like I did my 05.... Once I get it all finely tuned with whats already on it, it'll be left alone and just driven for fun and raced a bit.

For now I like the idea of just running this little bad boy in the cab to dial it in.

Or the regulator idea..

938fb646.jpg

6713c3ef.jpg

Last edited:
Back