Turbo Flow Rates

Forced inductions is doing a GT42 with a GT45 compressor, early this spring.

Actually they are trying to put the guts of a 45 into a 42. Most people dont like to build turbos with the compressor inducer bigger than the turbine wheel exducer. In the case of the 42 it's a 75 exducer on the turbine wheel. A 45 inducer is 80mm.

A 75mm ex turbine and 80mm comp inducer sounds like a surge-nightmare, but to each his own, I guess.

Thanks Guys

I was thinking for just pulling not daily driving. But I am sure I try.

Idaho CTD said:
Actually they are trying to put the guts of a 45 into a 42. Most people dont like to build turbos with the compressor inducer bigger than the turbine wheel exducer. In the case of the 42 it's a 75 exducer on the turbine wheel. A 45 inducer is 80mm.

So that would put the 80mm wheel in a housing with a that was 1.01 with a 75mm wheel to get a Lower A/R?

Smokem said:
Exactly, it may work on a low pressure ratio turbocharger for a gasoline application but surging issues are common on a diesel application.

I would imagine as a twin it would work then.

zstroken said:
Forced inductions is doing a GT42 with a GT45 compressor, early this spring.

Hmm I will have to ask them about this? Are they doing it with all the GT45 components or just the comp wheel?

It was a conversation I had with them this spring. I forget the whole deal.

zstroken said:
It was a conversation I had with them this spring. I forget the whole deal.

I am going to swing by their place this week again and see what is new. Plus I talked to them yesterday, and their is a new compressor cover now available for the GT42's that is a race cover. Something about a new GT42X. They said the new cover picks up the GT42 about another 75-100hp on a gas engine. So should be very interesting.

supersmoke said:
I am going to swing by their place this week again and see what is new. Plus I talked to them yesterday, and their is a new compressor cover now available for the GT42's that is a race cover. Something about a new GT42X. They said the new cover picks up the GT42 about another 75-100hp on a gas engine. So should be very interesting.

Just a quick update, I checked them out. The new GT42X is nice! Also they now have the new GT45F which is the non-BB version of the GT45DBB. :rockwoot:

so what is there in between 120-160lbs min? I know the big brother is 120 and the S510 is 160, so is there something in the middle?

Rodram2002 said:
so what is there in between 120-160lbs min? I know the big brother is 120 and the S510 is 160, so is there something in the middle?

Yeah, the GT47, the S88, the S91 and GT55. They all from what I have seen and heard flow in the 130-150 range.

Trapper said:
Random combo does anyone think a GT38 could spool a S400 or gt45?:pop:
A GT37R will keep a GT4202R happy... the owner of the combo would be happy as well.

any one ever heard of an HC5? Also any info on it?
there is one for sale on Ebay for $4k. just wondering why so much.