Turbo Flow Rates

The Pro Street 66 does NOT use the same turbine wheel as the Silver Bullet or the Silver 62 turbos. The Silver Bullet series turbos all use a larger turbine wheel. That is why Silver series turbos make more air. The Super Phat Shaft turbos has a 71mm turbine wheel and was the first to do so.

Last edited:
RyanB said:
Well, I finally got my Super 4C from HTT last week and just now was able to take some pics of it. There is a HUGE size difference from the 4C and the HT3B although it doesn't really look like it in the pics (tried to do the best comparision pics as I could). Just a little bit of info...after talking to Dave at HTT he said that there Super 4c's will no doubt out-flow a Big Brother with the mod's that they do to it.

Anywhere, here are a bunch of pics of it and the HT3B.

You should be able to tell which turbo is which...any questions just ask!

Now its just a matter of putting the 4C on the truck beside my HTT SledPuller 66 and the HT3B beside my brothers HTT HTB2/64

Also, about the animals...I a Turbo Diesel nut so I named the Cat "TURBO" and the Black Lab "DIESEL" I laugh my A$$ off everytime my wife calls them...Turbo...Diesel!!!!!

RyanB

Ryan any pics of thie in the truck yet? I have a SledPuller too and wondering how this is working for you. The 4C is probbably what I want?

smokin binder said:
Digging up this one again.
I remember a picture a couple years ago that showed the HX35, HX40, B1, HT3B, and an HX50, they were all side by side. Anyone have that one?

If not I can take a pic of the 35, 40, B1 and 3b together.....

I have to give kudos to the silver bullet. I have went to a larger turbo 71mm compressor, with a larger turbine housing, and I personally don't think the truck runs much better. Granted EGT's are down, but the silver bullet was so easy to drive and the charger hit hard, place me in the top 20 at the two big national pulls last year. Very forgiving for driver error etc. If DHRA comes out with new rules for a 2.6 class, the silver bullet with some tweaks is going back on there.

smokin binder said:
Digging up this one again.
I remember a picture a couple years ago that showed the HX35, HX40, B1, HT3B, and an HX50, they were all side by side. Anyone have that one?

The problem with pics is they only tell part of the story..... The outside dimensions are not near as important as the parts inside. The primary turbo I am using in a set of twins going together is dimensionally smaller than a S4T (Big Brother) yet will flow significantly more air. Another comparision would be the Silver Bullet is dimensionally the same size as a S300, yet flow rates aren't even comparable.

Doug

That Guy said:
Using a larger turbine does not mean that it will make more air, it allows for a higher turbine flow. I understand the useage of the turbine wheel for spool-up, but how are those drive pressures above 50psi?

He said larger turbine wheel. Which typically more driving force on the compressor wheel, which typically equals more CFM.

That Guy said:
A larger turbine wheel often relieves drive pressure, but a higher trim or blade count turbine will add drive pressure and aid in spool-up. Could this be the reason that the SB spools well but does not like beyond 50psi due to the fact that drive pressure greatly rises after this level?

No it could be that the 66mm wheel doesn't like high pressure ratios. The reason it makes more power is because of the lower drive pressures. The compressor wheel flow doesn't change when you change the turbine wheel. The turbine wheel flow does and it can affect hp greatly at the expense of spool up.

Jetpilot said:
The problem with pics is they only tell part of the story..... The outside dimensions are not near as important as the parts inside. The primary turbo I am using in a set of twins going together is dimensionally smaller than a S4T (Big Brother) yet will flow significantly more air. Another comparision would be the Silver Bullet is dimensionally the same size as a S300, yet flow rates aren't even comparable.

Doug
Mainly for some guys at work. They can get the idea of the HX35 size, but not the 3B & other such upgrades. Just a little edumacation for them.

Rodram2002 said:
I haven't seem any info on an S-480. :pop: how close is it to a S-510 in flow?

They are not even in the same league. The 510 flows over 140+ lbs/min. The S480 is around 113.

feelmecummin said:
an externally gated SB with a 510 would make some killer racing twins
How bout a Silver Bullet 71 over a Big Brother.....:evil :evil

supersmoke said:
They are not even in the same league. The 510 flows over 140+ lbs/min. The S480 is around 113.

wow, I didn't know they were that fare apart. thanks.

RD,

The Big Brother only flows about 120lbs/min. The S510 is more like 160lbs/min. The S510 is in another league. If you see one up close you'd understand that ;).

The BB turbo is really and old inefficient turbo, even when modded..... There are a lot better turbos available today, but yes they are expensive.

Doug

Anyone have any info on the Super B Special? I'm looking at buying one and I want to make sure it will ok for a dail driver with my fuel???Anyone have the specs?

doug, can you elaborate?
ive been thinking of doing a silver 64 over a BB and having nathan do it, but im nowhere near the funds required
at this point

Jetpilot said:
The BB turbo is really and old inefficient turbo, even when modded..... There are a lot better turbos available today, but yes they are expensive.

Doug

Twins are normally derived from lower cost turbos just because of the expense involved. Going with better turbos will yeild better spoolup, lower egts, and more HP potential. But how much depends on the setup..... The BB turbo is basically an S4T, which in itself can be had very cheap, even a modded version should be relative inexpensive. Flow rates are what are important not necessarily size. Lots of guys head towards the BB turbo due to its been used and is cheap.

Talk with Nathan about what you are looking for, just like a single twins needs to be matched to the task at hand.

Doug